pixeltracker

New Janet in Drowsy Chaperone!- Page 5

New Janet in Drowsy Chaperone!

Broadway Baby4
#100re: New Janet in Drowsy Chaperone!
Posted: 1/24/07 at 8:35pm

What about Jenn Gambatese?

RIP Beauty and the Beast 1994 - 2007 RIP Lestat 04/25/2006 - 05/29/06 You may be gone, but you are NOT forgotten! RIP Jonathan Larson! "Thank You Jonathan Larson!" My FAVORITE Broadway Actors who I LOVE (cause their AWESOME): Josh Strickland, Aaron Lazar, David Ayers, Sebastian Arcelus and Hugh Panaro

singtopher Profile Photo
singtopher
#101re: New Janet in Drowsy Chaperone!
Posted: 1/24/07 at 10:55pm

Nancy Anderson is not too old for the role.

"If this is going to be a Christian nation that doesn't help the poor, either we have to pretend that Jesus was just as selfish as we are, or we've got to acknowledge that He commanded us to love the poor and serve the needy without condition and then admit that we just don't want to do it." -Stephen Colbert

parker russel
#102re: New Janet in Drowsy Chaperone!
Posted: 1/24/07 at 11:34pm

Anyone who doesn't think Nancy Anderson should do it is a fool. She's so freakishly talented. And, she wouldn't be doing a carbon copy of Sutton, she would bring a very fresh approach to the role and really make it her own. Plus, she's a critic's darling. Every major reviewer has given her nothing but raves in the past. If the show were to be re-reviewed with her you could garauntee incredible reviews. I love her, I love the idea of her in the show, and I really hope that she gets the part. Count me down as another vote for the brilliantly talented NANCY ANDERSON.

broadway_show_fan Profile Photo
broadway_show_fan
#103re: New Janet in Drowsy Chaperone!
Posted: 1/24/07 at 11:36pm

Broadwaybaby4 - Gamby is contracted in Tarzan until... March?... and she's planning her wedding. I've been told that she's looking for a break.

So... again, I am all for -
Gamby's former understudy -
CARA COOPER! =)

[ Thanks, dancin for your vote too!]
Updated On: 1/24/07 at 11:36 PM

x_FedUp Profile Photo
x_FedUp
#104re: New Janet in Drowsy Chaperone!
Posted: 1/28/07 at 12:45pm

I love how some people spell GettELfinger- Gettlefinger lol Anyways I think Sara would be amazing at the part.

dfwtheatreguy Profile Photo
dfwtheatreguy
#105re: New Janet in Drowsy Chaperone!
Posted: 1/28/07 at 12:47pm

when does Sutton leave?

i am planning a vacation to NYC in May and was really hoping to see the show with her in it.

last time i went to NYC i tried to see her in MILLIE, but it was Susan Egan - who was great - but i had my heart set on Sutton.

"The theatre is so endlessly fascinating because it's so accidental. It's so much like life." - Arthur Miller

broadway_show_fan Profile Photo
broadway_show_fan
#106re: New Janet in Drowsy Chaperone!
Posted: 1/28/07 at 1:13pm

Sutton's contractually finished in March. You'll see a replacement by May. If you have your heart set on an original cast lead, you're best bet is to see the production as close to opening as possible. Hopefully the replacement will be great in her own right and you can enjoy her performance.

syrso2yrsago
#107re: New Janet in Drowsy Chaperone!
Posted: 1/28/07 at 3:18pm

I have tickets for the last friday in April.. what are my chances of still having sutton and bob?

GYPSY1527 Profile Photo
GYPSY1527
#108re: New Janet in Drowsy Chaperone!
Posted: 1/28/07 at 3:23pm

Well, if her contract is up in March than no, you will see someone different in April.

Happy...Everything! Kaye Thompson

DRSisLove Profile Photo
DRSisLove
#109re: New Janet in Drowsy Chaperone!
Posted: 1/28/07 at 3:25pm

Bob will gone very soon, since he's going to London with the show.

He'll be gone before Sutton, so you'll have more of a chance of seeing her than him, but the chance of seeing Sutton is still pretty slim.

alliez92092 Profile Photo
alliez92092
#110re: New Janet in Drowsy Chaperone!
Posted: 1/28/07 at 3:26pm

NANCY ANDERSON NANCY ANDERSON NANCY ANDERSON!

I basically love her a lot and think she would be AMAZING as Janet. So yes, give the part to her.

mauriposa
#111re: New Janet in Drowsy Chaperone!
Posted: 2/15/07 at 11:31pm

Bumping to see if anyone has a date yet as to when this inevitable cast change is happening. I haven't been able to find a date in my own searches.
Updated On: 2/15/07 at 11:31 PM

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#112re: New Janet in Drowsy Chaperone!
Posted: 2/15/07 at 11:35pm

I would love to see Sara Gettelfinger in the role. I also think Brooke Shields would be great. But if they want a real musical theatre triple-threat, Gettelfinger is the way to go.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#113re: New Janet in Drowsy Chaperone!
Posted: 2/15/07 at 11:42pm

Brooke Shields? Nah.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

D2 Profile Photo
D2
#114re: New Janet in Drowsy Chaperone!
Posted: 2/16/07 at 12:38am

Brooke Shields is a fascinating choice. But IMHO, I think it's time she had a show created for her, rather than becoming another fabulous replacement.

Cheyenne Jackson tickled me. AFTER ordering SoMMS a drink but NOT tickling him, and hanging out with Girly in his dressing room (where he DIDN'T tickle her) but BEFORE we got married. To others. And then he tweeted Boobs. He also tweeted he's good friends with some chick on "The Voice" who just happens to be good friends with Tink's ex. And I'm still married. Oh, and this just in: "Pettiness, spite, malice ....Such ugly emotions... So sad." - After Eight, talking about MEEEEEEEE!!! I'm so honored! :-)

StephanietheStar Profile Photo
StephanietheStar
#115re: New Janet in Drowsy Chaperone!
Posted: 2/16/07 at 1:46am

I plan on seeing the show sometime between the 7th and 10th of March...is she still around?

and all that I could do because of you was talk of love...

Joshua488
#116re: New Janet in Drowsy Chaperone!
Posted: 2/16/07 at 6:43am

... Updated On: 2/16/07 at 06:43 AM

azeller Profile Photo
azeller
#117re: New Janet in Drowsy Chaperone!
Posted: 2/16/07 at 7:10am

I asked Bob at the stage door last week when he would be leaving and he said that it was not set in stone but that it would be sometime in early March.

I have no idea about Sutton's last day.

"Let's admit one thing right upfront: With the possible exception of Bernadette Peters, not everyone stays young and cute forever." (NYPost 2/2/05)
Updated On: 2/16/07 at 07:10 AM

BwayBaby18 Profile Photo
BwayBaby18
#118re: New Janet in Drowsy Chaperone!
Posted: 2/16/07 at 12:36pm

How about Rachel York leaves Camelot!

Isn't Bob only leaving for like 6 months then coming back?

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#119re: New Janet in Drowsy Chaperone!
Posted: 2/16/07 at 12:39pm

"Broadwaybaby4 - Gamby is contracted in Tarzan until... March?... and she's planning her wedding. I've been told that she's looking for a break. "

Isnt she extended through Decemember 2007?
I think Jenn would a fantastic Janet, if she wants too.
She'd be amazing.

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.

Videos