News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

ushers gone bad: les miz 3/28 broadhurst theatre- Page 5

ushers gone bad: les miz 3/28 broadhurst theatre

swifty
#100re: ushers gone bad: les miz 3/28 broadhurst theatre
Posted: 5/9/07 at 5:16pm

TRY WORKING DANIEL AND THE OTHER SH*T HEADS

dreamz
#101re: ushers gone bad: les miz 3/28 broadhurst theatre
Posted: 5/9/07 at 11:36pm

JasonGreen and bandit964 thank you for speaking up for alot of ushers. People do think they know where they are going I have been doing this for a little over 14 years alot of the patrons are very nice but we do get some that are rude and think they know it all. They know where there seats are they seat themselves then when we have people for those seats they say you put me hear, when there seats are say upstairs. Some people just try and get over.Another one is they think they are together when they are not. Believe me seating the people is the hardest part of that job because for the rest of the show you are doing really nothing if you are on that night. Maybe these people who are writing all this bad talk about ushers should work a week in our shoes and see how nasty some of these people can be.

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#102re: ushers gone bad: les miz 3/28 broadhurst theatre
Posted: 5/9/07 at 11:44pm

"He was probably just being sure that the audience was aware that the aisle is used by the actors during the show. Better safe than sorry. "

It is a fire hazard to have anything in the aisles, whether the actors use them or not.

<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES

Schuyler
#103re: ushers gone bad: les miz 3/28 broadhurst theatre
Posted: 6/2/07 at 6:10pm

When I saw Journeys End I was distracted for about the first 10 minutes by the ushers phone buzzing and her looking to see who called. The light from her phone was so distracting becasue the show is very dark.

Patti LuPone FANatic Profile Photo
Patti LuPone FANatic
#104re: ushers gone bad: les miz 3/28 broadhurst theatre
Posted: 6/2/07 at 6:22pm

Does anyone know the head usher at the Music Box.. a nice older lady with an Eastern European accent? She was soo nice to the people inside the theatre, who were waiting for the doors to open. RC in Austin, Texas

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)

TLKfan Profile Photo
TLKfan
#105re: ushers gone bad: les miz 3/28 broadhurst theatre
Posted: 6/2/07 at 7:29pm

I went to see Jersey Boys with my friend in San Francisco not too long ago and we were there really early, so while we were waiting he was showing me his pictures on his camera from the day. Then I was showing him my photos when the usherette said "you can't take photos in the theatre" and I said, "I know I wasn't planning on it" and then she said that she'd have to take my camera away, etc. and I said "I know, I'm just looking at my photos". I abide by the dang rules and my camera was completely on display photos only and why would I be holding the camera lower if I wanted to take a picture of something in the theatre. I know they have to enforce the rules but still...it was obvious that I wasn't taking photos. That is really the only time I have ever had a problem with the theatres in San Fran.

2008 European Tour
London: Les Mis, Lion King, Sound of Music, Joseph, Hairspray, Billy Elliot
France: Le Roi Lion, Cabaret
Germany: Der Konig der Lowen
Holland: Tarzan & Les Mis

Mattbrain
#106re: ushers gone bad: les miz 3/28 broadhurst theatre
Posted: 11/12/07 at 6:06pm

The usher we had when my family and I saw Piazza was wicked nice.

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#107re: ushers gone bad: les miz 3/28 broadhurst theatre
Posted: 11/12/07 at 6:17pm

5 months later...

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

GlindatheGood22  Profile Photo
GlindatheGood22
#108re: ushers gone bad: les miz 3/28 broadhurst theatre
Posted: 11/12/07 at 6:38pm

Well, the thread's here, and we desperately need something else to talk about, so I might as well.

It was last month. At Spring Awakening.
I bought a program and was rummaging in my bag for my wallet. My camera was in the way so I took in out and said to my mother, "Could you hold this for a sec?" Well, Mr. Respect Mah Authoritay comes over and says to me, "Young lady, if you try to take a flash picture in here I will have to take that camera. You wouldn't want that, would you?" I was thoroughly ready to tell him that I wasn't about to take a flash picture and that, "Sorry, no flash photography," would have been sufficient, but my friend kind of hurried me along since she knows I fight with everybody. re: ushers gone bad:  les miz 3/28 broadhurst theatre

I know you. I know you. I know you.
Updated On: 11/12/07 at 06:38 PM

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#109re: ushers gone bad: les miz 3/28 broadhurst theatre
Posted: 11/12/07 at 7:04pm

I was at Les Miz this past Friday night with my mother and my younger sister. My mother insisted that she and my sister (who is is slightly handicapped) HAD to wear their (nonwater resistant) winter coats.

After the show was over we let everyone else in our row leave before us because it takes my mom and my sister some time to get into their rain-soaked coats. My mom helped my sister with her coat (zipping, tying, etc). I was standing with my coat on and my mom was sitting with her coat in her lap. She'd just finished helping my sister and was about to put her own coat on when an usher started yelling at us that we had to leave the theatre. We were putting our coats on. Obviously we were not intending on hanging out inside the theatre for much longer. I understand they wanted to go home and may have been annoyed because of the pending strike. But they need to make allowances for people who might not be able to jump up out of their seat and be reading to go in 30 seconds. We'd been sitting there less than five minutes.

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".

ucjrdude902 Profile Photo
ucjrdude902
#110re: ushers gone bad: les miz 3/28 broadhurst theatre
Posted: 11/12/07 at 11:05pm

I saw the TCP and was talking to an Usherette and telling her hoe we came from Florida to see Fantasia but we wouldn't be able to stage door due to prior arrangements. We'll we chatted before the show about whats its like to see a new Broadway show start. (She'd been there since day 1). So the show began..she disappeared...came back during intermission with a signed tshirt for me by Elisbath,Fantasia,Natasha

Figured Id share when they were nice!

bandit964 Profile Photo
bandit964
jpbran Profile Photo
jpbran
#112re: ushers gone bad: les miz 3/28 broadhurst theatre
Posted: 3/5/08 at 12:15pm

Why bump a thread about an event almost from almost over 11 months ago??

acrocksyo Profile Photo
acrocksyo
#113re: ushers gone bad: les miz 3/28 broadhurst theatre
Posted: 3/5/08 at 12:59pm

Attention?

http://theaterfag.blogspot.com/ Reviews and the like

jpbran Profile Photo
jpbran

Videos