pixeltracker

HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements- Page 56

HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements

Elegance101 Profile Photo
Elegance101
#1375HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 7/6/18 at 9:23pm

BroadwayConcierge said: "Call_me_jorge said: "Ijust wish Mandy and Lexi got bigger offers for another show...."

I just wish they would be gracious and let new actresses take on these immensely special roles. Angelica and Eliza are too beautifully written to have actresses phoning them in two years into their runs. It's time to step aside.
"

It's the production team who needs to do something. You can't expect them to leave a well-paying job without anything else lined up simply because..."it's time." I hope, in the future, they are a little stricter with contracts and don't allow people to stay in these principal roles for this long anymore. Every show needs some spicing up or else it gets stale (as Hamilton is getting).

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#1376HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 7/11/18 at 3:47pm

Sweet Christ. Mandy Gonzalez just posted on her Instagram story that she’ll be in Hamilton in November...and then posted a 2-year anniversary post for Lexi. They are never leaving!!!

ebizzle
#1377HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 7/11/18 at 4:03pm

BroadwayConcierge said: "Sweet Christ. Mandy Gonzalez just posted on her Instagram story that she’ll be in Hamilton in November...and then posted a 2-year anniversary post for Lexi. They are never leaving!!!"

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

robskynyc
#1378HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 7/11/18 at 5:06pm

this is what it looks like when the devil's mischief is at work:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Updated On: 7/11/18 at 05:06 PM

ethan231h Profile Photo
ethan231h
#1379HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 7/11/18 at 6:54pm

My god the immaturity of everyone hating on Mandy and Lexi's performances. You didnt care for their performances get over it.

robskynyc
#1380HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 7/11/18 at 8:34pm

ethan231h said: "My god the immaturity of everyone hating on Mandy and Lexi's performances. You didnt care for their performances get over it."

we are entitled to our opinions on a thread about CAST REPLACEMENTS. if you're just coming here to gripe about other people having opinions, then go suck it. 99% of the people here agree that mandy and lexi have both EXTREMELY overstayed their welcome.

EllieRose2 Profile Photo
EllieRose2
#1381HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 7/11/18 at 8:38pm

I adore Mandy, and am glad she is staying.  Obviously, everyone gets to have an opinion about anyone or any show they want.  Ethan, trying to control that is pretty dumb. 

robskynyc
#1382HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 7/11/18 at 8:40pm

EllieRose2 said: "I adore Mandy, and am glad she is staying. Obviously, everyone gets to have an opinion about anyone or any show they want. Ethan, trying to control that is pretty dumb."

Ellie I really do appreciate people like you on these boards because they are so few and far between. we may disagree on opinion, but dont have the need to attack each other for it. :)

ethan231h Profile Photo
ethan231h
#1383HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 7/11/18 at 8:42pm

robskynyc said: "ethan231h said: "My god the immaturity of everyone hating on Mandy and Lexi's performances. You didnt care for their performances get over it."

we are entitled to our opinions on a thread about CAST REPLACEMENTS. if you're just coming here to gripe about other people havingopinions, then go suck it. 99% of the people here agree that mandy and lexi have both EXTREMELY overstayed their welcome.
"

I never said you were not entitled to your opinion on the replacements....its just getting a little ridiculous people are counting down the days till they leave. But thanks for the snarky comment :)

EllieRose2 Profile Photo
EllieRose2
#1384HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 7/11/18 at 8:43pm

Absolutely.  I've been attacked often for posting an opinion simply because it differs from many others.  I got weird, cruel pms when I posted my view on the SpongeBob closing thread.  Everyone can appreciate or at least respect everyone's opinion.  Some day I hope people realize that!

robskynyc
#1385HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 7/11/18 at 8:44pm

ethan231h said: "robskynyc said: "ethan231h said: "My god the immaturity of everyone hating on Mandy and Lexi's performances. You didnt care for their performances get over it."

we are entitled to our opinions on a thread about CAST REPLACEMENTS. if you're just coming here to gripe about other people havingopinions, then go suck it. 99% of the people here agree that mandy and lexi have both EXTREMELY overstayed their welcome.
"

I never said you were not entitled to your opinion on the replacements....its just getting a little ridiculous people are counting down the days till they leave. But thanks for the snarky comment :)
"

you're welcome HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements

robskynyc
#1386HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 7/11/18 at 10:17pm

EllieRose2 said: "Absolutely. I've been attacked often for posting an opinion simply because it differs from many others. I got weird, cruel pms when I posted my view on the SpongeBob closing thread. Everyone can appreciate or at least respect everyone's opinion. Some day I hope people realize that!"

Some people on these boards are disgusting. The fact that they feel the need to go out of their way to DM someone to attack their opinions... they need to get a freaking life!!!

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#1387HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 7/11/18 at 10:28pm

If you're seeing Hamilton enough times to get bored by seeing the same cast over and over, you have to admit you're living a pretty charmed life for that to rise to the level of microaggression...

poisonivy2 Profile Photo
poisonivy2
#1388HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 7/11/18 at 10:50pm

Uh maybe I had a wrong read of the musical but when I saw it in June I didn't think whoever played Eliza or Angelica was all that important? Now if they have a Hamilton/Burr/Madison-Jefferson/KingGeorge/Philip who was below par that would be a problem. And I thought that James Monroe Inglehart was somewhat below par. But the Schuyler sisters just aren't very interesting. I never saw Philipa/Renee etc. but Hamilton is to me a very male-centric musical.

robskynyc
#1389HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 7/11/18 at 11:11pm

haterobics said: "If you're seeing Hamilton enough times to get bored by seeing the same cast over and over, you have to admit you're living a pretty charmed life for that to riseto the level of microaggression..."

Idk if I’d call it microagression LOL but at this point I would take Jackie Hoffman as Angelica and it would be a welcome change! 

BroadwayConcierge
#1390HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 7/12/18 at 10:17am

poisonivy2 said: "Uh maybe I had a wrong read of the musical but when I saw it in June I didn't think whoever played Eliza or Angelica was all that important? [...] But the Schuyler sisters just aren't very interesting. I never saw Philipa/Renee etc. but Hamilton is to me a very male-centric musical."

As someone who saw Phillipa and Renee multiple times, this sentiment breaks my heart. Eliza and Angelica are such beautifully written roles, and the actresses who originated them broke my heart each time. Renee's "Satisfied" was an utter punch to the gut (to the point where it almost felt offensive to have another song come after it because her performance was so powerful), and Phillipa's evolution and growth as Eliza over one performance was truly breathtaking. If you found these roles to be unimportant, it's really a testament to how poorly they're being portrayed right now, which is why I'm so disappointed that Mandy and Lexi never seem to be leaving. They're really letting these roles down.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#1391HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 7/12/18 at 10:26am

BroadwayConcierge said: "If you found these roles to be unimportant, it's really a testament to how poorly they're being portrayed right now, which is why I'm so disappointed that Mandy and Lexi never seem to be leaving. They're really letting these roles down."

It seems improbable that a performance can change the importance of a role to a show. If you don't like whoever plays Eliza in My Fair Lady, she wouldn't stop being a huge part of the show, she would just not be good in a major role. Similarly, it seems impossible for Eliza and Angelica to become ensemble tracks if you don't like who is performing them...

BroadwayConcierge
#1392HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 7/12/18 at 10:31am

haterobics said: "It seems improbable that a performance can change the importance of a role to a show. If you don't like whoever plays Eliza in My Fair Lady, she wouldn't stop being a huge part of the show, she would just not be good in a major role. Similarly, it seems impossible for Eliza and Angelica to become ensemble tracks if you don't like who is performing them..."

I understand your perspective, but have you seen Lexi and Mandy? Characters that I've once seen portrayed as the emotional core of the show are now simply "there."

MyLife
#1393HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 7/12/18 at 10:40am

ethan231h said: "I never said you were not entitled to your opinion on the replacements....its just getting a little ridiculous people are counting down the days till they leave. But thanks for the snarky comment :)"

We can't count down the days because there is no day 0 yet.

poisonivy2 said: "Uh maybe I had a wrong read of the musical but when I saw it in June I didn't think whoever played Eliza or Angelica was all that important? Now if they have a Hamilton/Burr/Madison-Jefferson/KingGeorge/Philip who was below par that would be a problem. And I thought that James Monroe Inglehart was somewhat below par. But the Schuyler sisters just aren't very interesting. I never saw Philipa/Renee etc. but Hamilton is to me a very male-centric musical."

And that is the exact reason why Mandy and Lexi should leave. Eliza and Angelica are such significant and meaningful roles. You're right that with this current cast, they fade into the background and neither seems important. But I assure you, when Phillipa and Renee (and Ari and Karen in Chicago when I saw it) played the roles you wouldn't be saying the Schuyler sisters aren't interesting.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#1394HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 7/12/18 at 10:45am

BroadwayConcierge said: "I understand your perspective, but have you seen Lexi and Mandy? Characters that I've once seen portrayed as the emotional core of the show are now simply "there.""

I last saw the show in August, so it's been a while, but I don't recall anything like what ya'll are describing. I do have good seats for November, so if I attend, I'll be on the lookout. HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements

poisonivy2 Profile Photo
poisonivy2
#1395HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 7/12/18 at 12:01pm

Well Lexi and Mandy would have no reason to leave -- they're in one of the most lucrative shows on B'way. The only way they'll leave is if they're told to leave. 

Also I think the fact that they have two national tours, one permanent production in Chicago, another in West End, and one opening in Puerto Rico that maybe the B'way production is not getting as much attention as it should? When I saw it in June the performance was completely dominated by Michael Luwoye and Daniel Breaker, and I felt that besides Lexi and Mandy that Euan Morton and also James Monroe Iglehart were not that great. I mean I have seen clips of Daveed Diggs as the original Madison/Jefferson and Iglehart doesn't make "What'd I Miss" the total showstopper that I think it's intended to be?

robskynyc
#1396HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 7/12/18 at 4:30pm

BroadwayConcierge said: "I understand your perspective, but have you seen Lexi and Mandy? Characters that I've once seen portrayed as the emotional core of the show are now simply "there.""

exactly this. i would not be saying anything if renee was in this role for 5 years. she was phenomenal. vocally and acting chops wise. my problem with mandy is the she litereally just screams her way through the last 2 minutes of satisfied. and i feel no emotional connection with her character. i know others might connect but thats just me.

Updated On: 7/12/18 at 04:30 PM

robskynyc
#1397HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 7/12/18 at 4:34pm

poisonivy2 said: "When I saw it in June the performance was completely dominated by Michael Luwoye and Daniel Breaker, and I felt that besides Lexi and Mandy that Euan Morton and also James Monroe Iglehart were not that great. I mean I have seen clips of Daveed Diggs as the original Madison/Jefferson and Iglehart doesn't make "What'd I Miss" the total showstopper that I think it's intended to be?"

Im not a fan of how Breaker plays Burr. He makes it a little too funny for my taste. And I agree- Diggs' what'd i miss was amazing, but inglehart's version is very forgettable.

JayElle Profile Photo
JayElle
#1398HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 7/12/18 at 4:39pm

Maybe she’s staying bc it’s a paycheck, and a good one at thAt. Obviously the producer is ok with it. 

MadsonMelo
#1399HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 7/13/18 at 12:30am

Those comments about most of the cast almost makes me feel bad about paying $250 to see the show. Is it still worth It, right? Hahaha

Videos