pixeltracker

"Perfect for US": The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!- Page 56

"Perfect for US": The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!

GatorNY Profile Photo
GatorNY
#1375re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 10/6/09 at 11:56am

Do you all think that Diana and Dan eloped to Portland, Oregon or Portland, Maine? I've often wondered....they must live on the East Coast or Midwest since Dan references "the year we drove the West...hit the highway in the Honda". However, I also wonder where on the East Coast a dogwood could bloom out back prior to March 1 (which is the night of Henry's dance).

"The price of love is loss, but still we pay; We love anyway."

changinandhow Profile Photo
changinandhow
#1376re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 10/6/09 at 12:05pm

Overthinking, you're doing it right.

But it's most likely Portland, Oregon. In earlier incarnations of the show, there were lyrics that indicated the Goodmans lived in Washingon - "you're battling that gray Seattle weather/and you're living on a latte and a prayer" etc.

GatorNY Profile Photo
GatorNY
#1377re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 10/6/09 at 12:35pm

That's wonderfully insightful. Thanks.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#1378re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 10/6/09 at 6:07pm

Tim Young is on as Gabe tonight and Thursday, per Broadway Understudies.

Hrududu Profile Photo
Hrududu
#1379re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 10/8/09 at 6:59am

Quick question. How long will Next to Normal be on Broadway? I'll be in NY in early December so was hoping it would be still running then.

mina3
#1380re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 10/8/09 at 11:18am

hrududu - The show is currently on sale through February 14th, 2010. It's unlikely for it to close prior to that date, and I can say with reasonable certainty that it will still be running through December.

Hrududu Profile Photo
Hrududu
#1381re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 10/8/09 at 11:19am

That's great, thank you

BlackCabbiTabbi
#1382re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 10/8/09 at 10:29pm

Hi guys,

What time roughly does the 7:30 show on Sunday let out at?

Thanks!

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#1383re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 10/8/09 at 10:38pm

I think the show was about 2 1/2 hours, so probably at 10ish.

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#1384re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 10/9/09 at 5:56am

They are WEST coasters.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

never-too-old
#1386re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 10/9/09 at 10:03am

Bobby is back.

jpbran Profile Photo
jpbran
#1387re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 10/9/09 at 11:42am

Weird... the "Portland" line always kinda confuses me. She spits it out like she's saying "Akron" or "Des Moines" or "Scranton." Portland, OR's a city with a VERY hip, crunchy reputation that seems right up Natalie's alley.

Unless she's talking about Portland, TN or something. re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread! Updated On: 10/9/09 at 11:42 AM

dramamama611
#1388re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 10/9/09 at 8:46pm

She's not the crunchy one: Henry is.

I think it's just not her idea of romantic.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

AwesomeDanny
#1389re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 10/9/09 at 9:40pm

To me, the lyric "we drove the west" makes me think of them more as west coasters because the normal person would say "we drove out west" if they were coming from the midwest or east coast. Saying "we drove the west" suggests they drove along the west coast instead of toward it. And the previously mentioned lyric that was changed "when you're grappling with the grey seattle weather" practically confirms they are from Seattle. Maybe they changed the lyric so the audience could see the family as their families more easily, as opposed to seeing the family from all the way across the country.

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#1392re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 10/10/09 at 1:51pm

bustinloose

a lot of people sense thi

i did when I saw the show

dramamama611
#1393re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 10/10/09 at 1:58pm

Since he isn't real, neither is the attraction.

From a psychological standpoint, Freud believed that there was always underlying sexuality between father and daughter, son and mother. (Unacted upon, but evident.) In Diana's mind, Gabe is her protector and the only one truly understanding of her needs...which sort of replaces Dan.

Azuah. Profile Photo
Azuah.
#1394re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 10/12/09 at 7:52pm

Not related to the show itsself, but Jeanine Mason (SYTYCD Season 5 Winner) will be at the show tonight!
Word has it that Aaron has a huge crush on her..

Bee2
#1395re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 10/13/09 at 4:49am

Hi. I will be seeing the show next Tuesday (20th) and was wondering if anyone knew if anyone was scheduled to be off that day? Am flying in from the UK and having heard so much about the cast I really hope that most of them are actually on!

dramamama611
#1396re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 10/13/09 at 5:08am

Your best bet is to check Broadwayunderstudies.com. They often list scheduled things: IF they know about it.

Overall, they have a great track record.

DefyGravity777
#1397re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 10/13/09 at 8:12pm

"Weird... the "Portland" line always kinda confuses me. She spits it out like she's saying "Akron" or "Des Moines" or "Scranton." Portland, OR's a city with a VERY hip, crunchy reputation that seems right up Natalie's alley.

Unless she's talking about Portland, TN or something."

I'm guessing that not many people would think of Portland as a big destination to elope. I know it's not the first place I would think of if someone said to me "hey lets go elope?".

Don't believe everything that you hear! Only the peeps involved know the truth!

GatorNY Profile Photo
GatorNY
#1398re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 10/14/09 at 1:08pm

Natalie tells Henry that Diana is staying with her grandparents during Light. Now, not that I would ever want to see a sequel...but can you imagine casting Betty Buckley as Diana's mother...who also was "high spirited"?

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#1399re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 10/14/09 at 1:18pm

There is also Portland, PA, which is about 45 minutes to an hour from Scranton. But, I highly doubt that would ever be referenced in a show because it's nothing special at all.

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates

scripps Profile Photo
scripps
#1400re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 10/14/09 at 2:22pm

I would of had the same reaction as Natalie in regards to Portland from all the summers I spent there as a kid.

Returned this summer for the first time in ten years and was pleasantly surprised by all the changes downtown. Loved exploring the Pearl District, LOVED being introduced to Peet's Coffee (Xiao's Blend tea is my new drug).

It's a really cool, alternative scene nowadays so the Portland reference is even more puzzling to me ...

legally_popular Profile Photo
legally_popular
#1401re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 10/14/09 at 3:24pm

Natalie tells Henry that Diana is staying with her grandparents during Light. Now, not that I would ever want to see a sequel...but can you imagine casting Betty Buckley as Diana's mother...who also was "high spirited"?

haha, interesting. I always wonder about that line now because in Dr. Madden's folder he has a lot of notes about Diana and in her background/history it says stuff about Diana's family. She had a brother who died and her mother committed suicide shortly after. It's interesting that her mother also faced the loss of a son. And Diana's father struggled with substance abuse. Now when Natalie says Diana is with her grandparents I always wonder if they mean Diana's father and stepmother, something along those lines. Of course the audience doesn't know that and it doesn't really matter, but ever since I read that it makes me think, haha.

TheatreFan4 Profile Photo
TheatreFan4
#1402re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 10/14/09 at 3:50pm

Does anyone know when they are opening another block of group tickets. They are only on sale now until Feb. 13 & I wanted to get some estimates for a school trip for April/May.

Videos