pixeltracker

TAKE ME OUT will be using Yondr pouches- Page 6

TAKE ME OUT will be using Yondr pouches

Olivia11
#125TAKE ME OUT will be using Yondr pouches
Posted: 3/8/20 at 7:22pm

Sutton Ross said: "Haha. Does it make you feel better to bitch about a show you are not attending? Does it make you feel better to know they don't actually care if you buy their tickets? I sure hope so because having you REPEAT and BOLD for EMPHASISpost after post is incredibly annoying.

You gave you opinion, it's clear, so now you can piss off.

"

How lovely. No thank you. 

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#126TAKE ME OUT will be using Yondr pouches
Posted: 3/8/20 at 8:19pm

At least these pouches would let you have your phone with you at your seat. Go to many tv show tapings and you have to hand over all electronic devices. I get that's more so things don't get leaked before air date, but, you don't get a choice in not having them taken. I remember it being a long morning waiting to get into The Price Is Right because they audition all audience members beforehand and it takes awhile. My stuff was taken before that point.

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#127TAKE ME OUT will be using Yondr pouches
Posted: 3/8/20 at 11:04pm

in·con·ven·ience

/ˌinkənˈvēnyəns/

Learn to pronounce

noun

1. trouble or difficulty caused to one's personal requirements or comfort.

"the inconvenience of having to change trains"

Similar:

trouble

bother

problems

disruption

nuisance value

disadvantage

difficulty

embarrassment

disturbance

vexation

harassment

worry

anxiety

distress

concern

disquiet

unease

irritation

annoyance

stress

agitation

unpleasantness

aggravation

hassle

Opposite:

verb

1. cause trouble or difficulty to.

"noise and fumes from traffic would inconvenience residents"

I don't think any of the above applies to having to put your phone, that you are not supposed to be using anyway, in a Yondr pouch. I don't think those few minutes before a show and at intermission are going to kill you if you can't use it. Maybe discuss the play with the person you are with. If you are alone, get up and stretch, use the restroom, read your Playbill or chat with the person next to you.

I am in my 50's and have NO problem doing this. I am not offended nor do I feel as if I am being treated as a child. The bottom line is something a lot of us heard as kids. That one person made it bad for everyone. In this case it is a lot of people. And I am fully aware of and understand this. Ushers and staff try to do their jobs for the most part with this but you can't catch everyone and eject them. I have seen people set their phones inside of purses and bags, cover the sides and direct them towards the stage and film. I was in a position to see it but staff is not always able to catch those people. And people find a way to get away with it.

If this is inconveniencing you, stay home. And this would be an awfully sad reason to miss a play that you might want to see. For God's sake, you will have your precious phone on your person. But it seems some people don't like to be told that they can't use it. Even when they are in a place that has rules that they know about. What gets me is that I am sure most of these people that won't like it have rules and boundaries set for other people in their lives that they expect others to follow. You can't have it both ways. JMO

Just give the world Love.

Zion24
#128TAKE ME OUT will be using Yondr pouches
Posted: 3/9/20 at 6:35am

Really struggling to fathom that there are people here who think their own desire to stay "connected" outweighs the many issues that arise from 1000 people having cameras in their hands as actors attempt to perform in the nude. my family bans cell phones at family dinner (i have friends who dont use them at all on Shabbat for 24 hours) so we can be non-distracted, and we all (ranging in age from 6 to 67) find it irritating at times but none of us (im including the 6 yr olds) struggle to see the benefit of the non-distraction. 

the thinking here, if i can call it that, reminds me of an NRA mentality and strikes me as particularly American: why should I, ME, THE MOST IMPORTANT PERSON YOUVE EVER MET, have to be inconvenienced just because SOME PEOPLE use these military weapons to kill people, I WOULD NEVER do that and sure its a shame others will, but isnt it more of a shame if those murderers ruined it for THE TRUE VICTIM, ME AND MY AK47?  

It would be amazing if people didnt use their cellphones/guns the wrong way, and everyone followed the rules. but we know people will film celebrity genitals/shoot up schools and malls, so unfortunately we have to pass laws to limit you checking your phone for 10 minutes / you buying military weaponry. the collective is more important. 

yankeefan7 Profile Photo
yankeefan7
#129TAKE ME OUT will be using Yondr pouches
Posted: 3/9/20 at 9:35am

"I find this statement hilarious, considering it’s never a “young person” checking their phone during a show or having it loudly ring mid-show (good luck even finding someone you would define as “young” who leaves their phone on ring anyway). It is nearly always someone older."

I am "old person" and I always keep my phone on vibrate.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#130TAKE ME OUT will be using Yondr pouches
Posted: 3/9/20 at 10:13am

That whole thing about it always being older people just isn't true. 99.9 percent of people who I ask to turn their phones off (because they are texting, checking msgs or online) or see filming, are people that appear to be under 60 and mostly between mid 20's and 40's. I have found that a lot older people in their late 60's and up do not know how to turn their phones off. I have helped a lot of people at shows turn their phones off. I don't know why this is. And a lot of people don't know how to adjust the brightness on their phones.

But this isn't about phones ringing or people texting during the show. It is about filming and taking pictures. I will gladly put my phone in a pouch. And really, are you sitting their thinking about your phone during a show? If so, again, stay home. 

Just give the world Love.

gibsons2
#131TAKE ME OUT will be using Yondr pouches
Posted: 3/9/20 at 12:09pm

TodayTix has $49-59 tickets for previews (regular price $79-99) and you can see your seat. I just got center mezz row D for $59 plus $7.50 fee. 

Pashacar
#132TAKE ME OUT will be using Yondr pouches
Posted: 3/9/20 at 12:34pm

yankeefan7 said: ""I find this statement hilarious, considering it’s never a “young person” checkingtheir phone during a show or having it loudly ring mid-show (good luck even finding someone you would define as “young” who leaves their phone on ring anyway). It is nearly always someone older."

"

Happy for you, but I hope you turn it off, or at least to airplane mode, during a show. Vibrations are often still audible, and you risk getting loud weather or amber alerts, etc.

Also, @Zion24, that second paragraph is amazing, lol.

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#133TAKE ME OUT will be using Yondr pouches
Posted: 3/9/20 at 7:12pm

The rules state that you need to turn OFF your phone. A person's purse or pocket vibrating in the theater is as insufferable as any ring tone. It makes a loud sound. The entire row of people will feel the vibration, so it's incredibly selfish to do so. If you refuse to turn your off, even though the usher states "Do not turn your phone on silent OR vibrate, just turn if off", don't attend theater.

Zion24
#134TAKE ME OUT will be using Yondr pouches
Posted: 3/9/20 at 9:32pm

age is tricky but generally the "old people" referred to here are those who dont turn their phone off, or forget to, or think "its on silent, im sure" or whatever. Sure I find that insufferable (and wish theaters/ushers were way more aggressive about it). 

But its clear that the producers here, like the producers of Freestyle Home Supreme, are worried about a second group of people, the "young people" referred to here, who document/film everything that happens to them, and would be unstoppable in their quest to instagram the actors' junk. Thats what the yondr pouches are for, and that is a noble cause even if it may inconvenience some of you for a few.

imeldasturn Profile Photo
imeldasturn
#135TAKE ME OUT will be using Yondr pouches
Posted: 3/9/20 at 9:38pm

JDonaghy4 said: "age is tricky but generally the "old people" referred to here are those who dont turn their phone off, or forget to, or think "its on silent, im sure" or whatever. Sure I find that insufferable (and wish theaters/ushers were way more aggressive about it).

But its clear that the producers here, like the producers of Freestyle Home Supreme, are worried about a second group of people, the "young people" referred to here, who document/film everything that happens to them, and would be unstoppable in their quest to instagram the actors' junk. Thats what the yondr pouches are for, and that is a noble cause even if it may inconvenience some of you for a few.
"

there are video bootlegs of Broadway musicals and plays recorded in the 70s and the 80s, it's clearly not a modern issue nor a "young people" issue, but a practice established long before current young people were even born

yankeefan7 Profile Photo
yankeefan7
#136TAKE ME OUT will be using Yondr pouches
Posted: 3/9/20 at 9:40pm

"Happy for you, but I hope you turn it off, or at least to airplane mode, during a show. Vibrations are often still audible, and you risk getting loud weather or amber alerts, etc."

Yes, I put it on airplane mode for a show, concert, movie etc.

Christoph
#137TAKE ME OUT will be using Yondr pouches
Posted: 3/10/20 at 1:49pm

Have to agree.  I thought the same thing.  I will be 50 this year and most of the worst offenders I have come across in theaters regarding their phone usage have been my age or older.

Islander_fan
#138TAKE ME OUT will be using Yondr pouches
Posted: 3/10/20 at 9:41pm

The issue of age that has come up, regarding which demographic uses their phones most in the theatre, reminded me of an article I read in the NY Times a few years back. It spoke of a classical music fan, who was a subscriber to the NY Philharmonic (where this situation took place) didn't realize that it was he who was the offending party when his Iphone started to go off mid concert. In the article, he asked the Times to refer to him as Mr. X due to embarrassment he had felt. And, in the article, he never gave his exact age, only to say that he was somewhere between 60-70.NY Philharmonic article

One thing I have noticed is that there are many people out there who are older, not so technology inclined, who have, but not always 100 per cent sure how to use, smartphones. I feel that this is because of two things based on observations I have made. The first one is that the person with the smartphone isn't really technologically inclined, usually need the help from their child or grandchild as to how to operate the device. The other is that in this day and age, it's harder to get a phone that is not a smartphone.  

Islander_fan
#139TAKE ME OUT will be using Yondr pouches
Posted: 3/10/20 at 9:41pm

The issue of age that has come up, regarding which demographic uses their phones most in the theatre, reminded me of an article I read in the NY Times a few years back. It spoke of a classical music fan, who was a subscriber to the NY Philharmonic (where this situation took place) didn't realize that it was he who was the offending party when his Iphone started to go off mid concert. In the article, he asked the Times to refer to him as Mr. X due to embarrassment he had felt. And, in the article, he never gave his exact age, only to say that he was somewhere between 60-70.NY Philharmonic article

One thing I have noticed is that there are many people out there who are older, not so technology inclined, who have, but not always 100 per cent sure how to use, smartphones. I feel that this is because of two things based on observations I have made. The first one is that the person with the smartphone isn't really technologically inclined, usually need the help from their child or grandchild as to how to operate the device. The other is that in this day and age, it's harder to get a phone that is not a smartphone.  

Videos