pixeltracker

LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift & Amanda Seyfried Offered Roles- Page 6

LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift & Amanda Seyfried Offered Roles

The Distinctive Baritone Profile Photo
The Distinctive Baritone
#125LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/4/12 at 5:29pm

I'm with Kate Shindle.

Eponine is not a hard role acting-wise, and Swift can definitely sing it. My only concern was that she was too attractive...until I saw the picture of her with no makeup. WOW what a change. If they film her like that and with a brown wig, she will be all right. I'm more concerned about Jackman singing tenor notes and Crowe singing legit.

JP2 Profile Photo
JP2
#126LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/4/12 at 5:31pm

"and Swift can definitely sing it."

In WHAT world?

madbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
#127LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/4/12 at 5:48pm

I'm going to take a leap of faith and predict that she will surprise us all, much like Corbin Bleu did in In The Heights.

"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson

latitudex1 Profile Photo
latitudex1
#128LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/4/12 at 5:48pm

I don't know, that parody of "Tonight" she did 3 or so years ago is of similar range and difficulty to "On My Own." That didn't convince completely me that with a little training she couldn't sing the role. (Didn't really convince that she could either. . .)

beautywickedlover
#129LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/4/12 at 6:01pm

broadway.com says that both Swift and Seyfried have been cast.

http://www.broadway.com/buzz/159198/taylor-swift-and-amanda-seyfried-round-out-les-miserables-cast/

Playbill talked about Seyfried's negotiations, but no mention of Swift or Bonham Carter

http://playbill.com/news/article/158236-Mamma-Mias-Amanda-Seyfried-in-Final-Negotiations-for-Les-Miserables-Movie-Musical

I'm probably one of the only few people on here who will be disappointed if Swift does not sign on because I am a big fan of her's and have seen her live twice. I'd love to see what she will do with the role. I do not want it to be dejay vu when I found out Emma Watson would not be playing Cosette. I was very excited about her being rumored for it.

I wouldn't have liked it if Lea Michele had gotten the part because although she has a very good voice, her acting is very overrated especially on 'Glee'.

Updated On: 1/4/12 at 06:01 PM

Frank thebellhop Profile Photo
Frank thebellhop
#130LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/4/12 at 6:06pm

If they haven't offered her the role yet I wonder what the studio and creative team's reaction to all the twitter/message board rage is.

I'll admit when I read about it last night I "clutched my pearls" and got a little over dramatic but after sleeping on it I'm not nearly as bothered by it. She's still not my first choice but she isn't the death blow I thought at first.

Also, don't you just bet Lea Michele is throwing a Patti Lupone sized bitch fit right now? Lol

beautywickedlover
#131LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/4/12 at 6:09pm

Another report of Swift being in the film from Access Hollywood.

http://www.accesshollywood.com/roll-call-will-taylor-swift-play-eponine-in-big-screen-version-of-les-miserables_article_58589

"If they haven't offered her the role yet I wonder what the studio and creative team's reaction to all the twitter/message board rage is."

Most sources say that she HAS been offered the part and they are probably true.

ETA: Here are other sources:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31749_162-57352071-10391698/taylor-swift-reportedly-offered-role-of-eponine-in-les-mis-film/

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1676711/taylor-swift-les-miserables.jhtml

http://blog.zap2it.com/pop2it/2012/01/taylor-swift-amanda-seyfried-get-les-miserables-gigs-over-lea-michele.html

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/04/les-miserable-movie-taylor-swift-amanda-seyfried_n_1182963.html?ref=entertainment

But it is very likely that she has not begun negotiations yet like Seyfried.

Updated On: 1/4/12 at 06:09 PM

WickedAwesome
#132LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/4/12 at 6:38pm

Cheno supports Swift cause they're both "country stars"

I've had a day to think about this and my answer is not changing. But I have also realized the brighter sider. At least the character dies and isn't a major part. No offense to Taylor, but she's just not made for Broadway.

That WSS Tonight video is just sickening.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jYomEJOSoo&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fbroadwayworld.com%2Fvideoplay.php%3Fcolid%3D325011&feature=player_embedded

If you haven't seen it already.

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#133LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/4/12 at 6:38pm

i adore when casting on anything is announced around here, the theatre queens clutch their pearls and give endless reasons why he/she will be no good.......cut to a year later and the pearls are safe and everyone says 'i always knew that he/she would be great in the role'.

I clutch my pearls when he/she's who cannot even capitalize "I" fail to attack everyone in a single thread, followed by a dozen dots.................

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#134LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/4/12 at 6:47pm

beautywickedlover, you're aware that every single one of those "reports" are all citing the same initial article from Twitch Film, right? No other site has come out and independently verified that Swift has gotten an offer, and the fact that the studio confirmed Seyfried's negotiations today with no mention of Swift should indicate the validity of the initial rumor as of now. If Mike Fleming at Deadline (the most reputable reporter in the entertainment news industry) didn't even mention Swift, there's nothing to report.

As I said, I have it on good authority that while they have very strong interest in Swift, she has yet to receive a formal offer. Of everyone who's been seen, she's the frontrunner, but there are other people in the mix who've yet to be seen, which I imagine is why this rumor got out and has spread like wildfire. She could very well end up winning the role, but that hasn't happened yet.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.
Updated On: 1/4/12 at 06:47 PM

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#135LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/4/12 at 6:49pm

I'm hearing rumors that Justin Bieber is being considered for Gavroche!!!

....but the world goes 'round

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#136LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/4/12 at 6:50pm

Swift may not be "made for Broadway", but this ain't Broadway.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

lizzieshername Profile Photo
lizzieshername
#137LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/4/12 at 6:52pm

How has this not been posted yet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWQmL9dzqEg&feature=share Updated On: 1/4/12 at 06:52 PM

JP2 Profile Photo
JP2
#138LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/4/12 at 6:54pm

somethingwicked, thanks for the info. You give me hope when hope is gone. You give me strength to journey on...

sueb1863 Profile Photo
sueb1863
#139LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/4/12 at 7:40pm

tiddlywink on the imdb Les Miserables movie message board says Swift HAS been given the offer, and has been cast. He/ she says both actors are a done deal.

He/ she also says they offered Evan Rachel Wood the part of Eponine twice and she turned them down both times. Updated On: 1/4/12 at 07:40 PM

beautywickedlover
Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#141LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/4/12 at 8:29pm

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

SeanMartin Profile Photo
SeanMartin
#142LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/4/12 at 8:46pm

>> "Someone posted "Taylor's" reaction to all the haters"

How about a reaction for those of us who dont really hate her per se but still think this is a really awful idea? This is all starting to sound like the film version of PHANTOM, and we all saw how well that went over.

http://docandraider.com

ggersten Profile Photo
ggersten
#143LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/4/12 at 9:01pm

Until someone does the full Downfall bit for Taylor Swift in Les Mes - here's a little Hitler commenting on Taylor Swift for the moment
Hitler on Taylor Swift

elphaba.scares.me Profile Photo
elphaba.scares.me
#144LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/4/12 at 9:27pm

JP2, in the world of repeated takes, protools magic and clever editing.

Seriously, if she can master "sullen", "forlorn", "sad", and "dying", she's going to be just grand. Eponine requires no comedy and exactly the kind of teenage angst that Swift has conveyed in her recordings.

If Moulin Rouge had been a musical before a film, people would have freaked out over the casting of Nicole Kidman, who also really can't sing that well live. But on screen, she acquitted herself quite well.

And yes, it is a Tony-winning role...but there's a big difference between commanding a stage in a three-hour musical full of Important Voices and Big Moments and being compelling in a close-up.

I think she'll be fine.

P.S. Speaking of angsty videos, if I had a time machine, I would be interested to see Jewel in this role. The voice! The face! The imperfect teeth!

kyl3fong2 Profile Photo
kyl3fong2
#145LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/4/12 at 9:33pm

Personally, I didn't like Amanda Seyfried's performance in Mamma Mia! So I don't know how she will do well in the role of Cosette here either...and don't even get me started on Taylor Swift...

broadwayfever
#146LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/4/12 at 9:35pm

Wow...a 5'11" Eponine...that should be interesting to see.

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#147LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/4/12 at 9:39pm

I think Amanda's voice is all wrong for Cosette. It's thin and "quivery" in an adolescent pop way, and it reminds me of Emmy Rossum's (disastrous) vocals as Christine Daae. I think she'll probably play the part well, though. It's the singing I'm not looking forward to.

As for Evan Rachel Wood, I wonder why she turned them down twice. It's not like Eponine is a terrible role in a crap project with a lousy director. Yeah, the movie could suck, but it could (I say rather weakly) be very successful.

All films are a crapshoot. Why was she so against this one? I'd love to hear her reason.

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#148LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/4/12 at 9:40pm

Wow...a 5'11" Eponine...that should be interesting to see.

Close to Sutton Foster...who was terrible as Eponine. Maybe the taller you are, the worse Eponine you will be!

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#149LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/4/12 at 9:43pm

Actually the whole cast is tall so far ... except Amanda at 5'3 1/2" and Helena (if she does it) at 5'3".

Everybody else is either near or over 6 feet tall.

EDIT: And with those two ladies in long skirts for the duration, they could easily wear platform shoes and no one would know.

Heights:

Sacha Baron Cohen - 6'3"
Hugh Jackman - 6' 2 1/2"
Aaron Tveit - 6'
Russell Crowe - 5' 11"
Eddie Redmayne - 5' 11"
Taylor Swift - 5' 11"
Amanda - 5'3 1/2"
Helena - 5'3"

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22
Updated On: 1/4/12 at 09:43 PM