News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Spring Awakening is coming back to Broadway. But when and where?- Page 6

Spring Awakening is coming back to Broadway. But when and where?

Elfuhbuh Profile Photo
Elfuhbuh
#125Spring Awakening is coming back to Broadway. But when and where?
Posted: 7/7/15 at 3:59pm

"No I didnt lol"

Yes you did lol

"Was uns befreit, das muss stärker sein als wir es sind." -Tanz der Vampire

Phillypinto Profile Photo
Phillypinto
#126Spring Awakening is coming back to Broadway. But when and where?
Posted: 7/7/15 at 3:59pm

That was a serious question lol I dont k is this mans career like that. Rarely do I ask sarcastic questions on this board lol

Use my fabulous TodayTix code: JEYCY

neonlightsxo
#127Spring Awakening is coming back to Broadway. But when and where?
Posted: 7/7/15 at 4:01pm

It was a question that has already been addressed multiple times in this thread.

Phillypinto
#128Spring Awakening is coming back to Broadway. But when and where?
Posted: 7/7/15 at 4:05pm

No people said every show he produced flopped. I just pointed out that he produced Kinky Boots which isn't a flop. I asked that question before because nobody was specific, and I wasn't sure why you said all his shows flopped when he produced kinky boots

Elfuhbuh Profile Photo
Elfuhbuh
#129Spring Awakening is coming back to Broadway. But when and where?
Posted: 7/7/15 at 4:07pm

People were talking about LEAD producer, and you also mentioned lead producer in your question, so.

Stew123
#130Spring Awakening is coming back to Broadway. But when and where?
Posted: 7/7/15 at 4:09pm

Could everyone simply ignore anything Philly says?  Why respond and encourage the insane behavior?

neonlightsxo
#131Spring Awakening is coming back to Broadway. But when and where?
Posted: 7/7/15 at 4:13pm

Philly, go ask your "industry friends" to explain to you the difference between lead producer and credit only producer. Because you clearly don't know the difference, and I don't have the energy to explain it.

Phillypinto
#132Spring Awakening is coming back to Broadway. But when and where?
Posted: 7/7/15 at 4:13pm

Yea cause I assumed That's what you were talking about but I wanted to make sure. I am trying to learn and I get bitched out for asking a question. Damn

Phillypinto
#133Spring Awakening is coming back to Broadway. But when and where?
Posted: 7/7/15 at 4:19pm

No I always knew the difference between lead producer and all the other producers. That's not what I was asking neonnn

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#134Spring Awakening is coming back to Broadway. But when and where?
Posted: 7/7/15 at 5:16pm

OK Pinto, are you clear now? Every show KD has lead produced has flopped. Which kinda makes it hysterical that he has the chutzpah to charge people money to tell them how to produce. But then again there is a sucker born every minute, and a snake oil salesman every 30 seconds. 

helvizz Profile Photo
helvizz
#135Spring Awakening is coming back to Broadway. But when and where?
Posted: 7/7/15 at 5:47pm

Anyway... wasn't there a discussion on this forum about what the first Broadway musical of this century to be revived was? Until then the answer was The Color Purple, coming to Broadway in November. Now, I guess it's Spring Awakening, since it's opening in September. Funny how this is all happening so fast.

Ado Annie D'Ysquith Profile Photo
Ado Annie D'Ysquith
#136Spring Awakening is coming back to Broadway. But when and where?
Posted: 7/7/15 at 5:52pm

This is a really n00bish question but do all productions of this show (high schools included) have as much nudity as the OBP did? Or do most smaller theatre companies "imply" the sex scenes? As much as I dislike Spring Awakening, I have always wondered that...call me a prude but occasionally I feel like "cleaning up" some of the physical explicitness would make the show easier to digest...

Again, just my personal preferences.

http://puccinischronicles.wordpress.com

Elfuhbuh Profile Photo
Elfuhbuh
#137Spring Awakening is coming back to Broadway. But when and where?
Posted: 7/7/15 at 6:15pm

"This is a really n00bish question but do all productions of this show (high schools included) have as much nudity as the OBP did? Or do most smaller theatre companies "imply" the sex scenes? As much as I dislike Spring Awakening, I have always wondered that...call me a prude but occasionally I feel like "cleaning up" some of the physical explicitness would make the show easier to digest...
Again, just my personal preferences."

I imagine that at least the high school versions would remove it, since an under-aged teenager flashing her boob would be illegal.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#138Spring Awakening is coming back to Broadway. But when and where?
Posted: 7/7/15 at 6:37pm

""This is a really n00bish question but do all productions of this show (high schools included) have as much nudity as the OBP did? Or do most smaller theatre companies "imply" the sex scenes? As much as I dislike Spring Awakening, I have always wondered that...call me a prude but occasionally I feel like "cleaning up" some of the physical explicitness would make the show easier to digest...
Again, just my personal preferences."

I imagine that at least the high school versions would remove it, since an under-aged teenager flashing her boob would be illegal. "

They also cannot simulate sex. 

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Ado Annie D'Ysquith
#139Spring Awakening is coming back to Broadway. But when and where?
Posted: 7/7/15 at 6:41pm

Once more, forgive my naivete...where does the line get drawn between "simulated" and "implied?" Like I remember a high school production of South Pacific that kept the love scene between Liat and Cable, although I realize THAT compared to what Spring Awakening does is a whole 'nother ballgame.

Bwaydide92
#140Spring Awakening is coming back to Broadway. But when and where?
Posted: 7/7/15 at 7:12pm

BroadMagTech

"From what I have read, the Deaf West production of Spring Awakening is already gainin a mass following. I am sure that the run will make a lot of money. What I am wondering is if this show will only be a limited run, what show will replace it? I am sure that many shows would fight for the Brooks and the Nederlanders must have a choice in mind. Any ideas? Also, of all the shows to integrate sign language into, why Spring Awakening? Not that it is a bad choice. I just want to know how it enhances the story."

Spring Awakening is all about a breakdown of communication between generations. The adults hide everything from the children, so when they start being sexually awakened they have no idea what's happening and how to handle it. DeafWest's production enhances this central theme because of the trouble hearing and non-hearing people have. Also the duality of SA's story (accurate period costumes, dialogue, and the such against modern music and anachronistic lyrics) is mirrored with the action of hearing actors signing and deaf actors having their songs sung for them.

There's a better way to explain it, but experiencing it is the best. It truly is an amazing production. See it if you can.

Bwaydide92
#141Spring Awakening is coming back to Broadway. But when and where?
Posted: 7/7/15 at 7:14pm

Ado, cleaning up Spring Awakening to make it easier to digest is like saying "I would love Rent if they didn't talk about AIDs so much".  Spring Awakening is supposed to be vulgar, the original play was censored or banned for much of the past century. The explicitness of SA is vital to its story. If you don't like that, then you just won't like SA and there's no way to solve that.

Ado Annie D'Ysquith
#142Spring Awakening is coming back to Broadway. But when and where?
Posted: 7/7/15 at 7:17pm

Bwaydide92, I accepted that long ago. Lol! I was merely wondering how regional and school productions handle the material.

Phillypinto
#143Spring Awakening is coming back to Broadway. But when and where?
Posted: 7/7/15 at 7:27pm

lol Ken Davenport gives producing classes?

TheatreKid3
#144Spring Awakening is coming back to Broadway. But when and where?
Posted: 7/7/15 at 7:55pm

It seems that Ken is dead set on this being a limited run, but I bet that could change (like I said earlier) if this becomes a runaway success at first.  Not saying he would move to an open run, but maybe just a season-long run and close after the Tonys.

My guess is the Nederlander will become available - perhaps even well enough in advance of load-in – giving them the option to switch theatres entirely.  That's a long shot, but stranger things have (believe it or not) happened.

VotePeron Profile Photo
VotePeron
#145Spring Awakening is coming back to Broadway. But when and where?
Posted: 7/7/15 at 8:03pm

If this is truly going to be as successful as many of you are predicting, then the Nederlander would be a FAR better choice. That house is really hit or miss since it's in a horrible spot. Open up the Atkinson to something that doesn't have as great word of mouth.

Bwaydide92
#146Spring Awakening is coming back to Broadway. But when and where?
Posted: 7/7/15 at 8:13pm

Vote Peron, the location of a theatre really doesn't help or hurt a show's chances. The Nederlander was home to a 12 year run of Rent and a highly successful run of Newsies. Every house is a hit or miss. It really just depends on the show in the house.

herewegoabc
#148Spring Awakening is coming back to Broadway. But when and where?
Posted: 7/7/15 at 8:18pm

Does anyone know if they will have on-stage seating for this? I realize it might be more difficult to include given this particular style of show, but I was just wondering if there was any word on it. Ticketmaster doesn't have it listed, but I was curious as to whether the box office might open it up later?

mattporter17 Profile Photo
mattporter17
#149Spring Awakening is coming back to Broadway. But when and where?
Posted: 7/7/15 at 8:19pm

"Does anyone know if they will have on-stage seating for this? I realize it might be more difficult to include given this particular style of show, but I was just wondering if there was any word on it. Ticketmaster doesn't have it listed, but I was curious as to whether the box office might open it up later?"

Please click my link, it links to the ticket sales and theater information.

Videos