pixeltracker

Official Hello, Dolly! Sidecar thread.- Page 6

Official Hello, Dolly! Sidecar thread.

Stage Door Sally Profile Photo
Stage Door Sally
#125Official Hello, Dolly! Sidecar thread.
Posted: 6/6/17 at 8:18am

My daughter and I would love to see Donna, but I have no money left from this weekend... maybe just a penny in my pocket.

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#126Official Hello, Dolly! Sidecar thread.
Posted: 6/6/17 at 9:14am

I love the pictures Robbie and Sally.  Keep them coming.  Someone should release a book offices with all her head shmatez she wears as she exits the stage door. 

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!

carnzee
#127Official Hello, Dolly! Sidecar thread.
Posted: 6/6/17 at 9:18am

Glad you had a good time Sally and that Mom had fun. I go tomorrow!

smidge
#128Official Hello, Dolly! Sidecar thread.
Posted: 6/6/17 at 10:08am

Robbie2 said: "DAME said: "I am Jealous.

"I only paid $189 each 6 months ago now they cost $525 each!!!..

Is this true?! Holy shizzles. I did the same thing (row A, center mezzanine for $189). I hadn't realized they raised the price that high

Stage Door Sally
#129Official Hello, Dolly! Sidecar thread.
Posted: 6/6/17 at 5:38pm

photo Dolly-Cap.jpg

Updated On: 6/6/17 at 05:38 PM

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#130Official Hello, Dolly! Sidecar thread.
Posted: 6/6/17 at 9:31pm

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#131Official Hello, Dolly! Sidecar thread.
Posted: 6/6/17 at 9:47pm

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#132Official Hello, Dolly! Sidecar thread.
Posted: 6/6/17 at 9:49pm

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#133Official Hello, Dolly! Sidecar thread.
Posted: 6/7/17 at 12:52am

22 Front Mezzanine seats available for this Friday Jun 9 for $525 each

12 on Saturday night

Stage Door Sally
#134Official Hello, Dolly! Sidecar thread.
Posted: 6/7/17 at 8:39am

Postcard tucked inside the Pride Playbill

photo Dolly Postcard.jpg

Updated On: 6/7/17 at 08:39 AM

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#135Official Hello, Dolly! Sidecar thread.
Posted: 6/9/17 at 10:26pm

didn't find it posted anywhere, but for all Donna Murphy performances, use code "HDFB511" or "HOTBOX522" for $109 orchestra seats & $99 mezz seats.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#136Official Hello, Dolly! Sidecar thread.
Posted: 6/9/17 at 10:42pm

Jerry Zaks on directing Bette Midler in 'Hello, Dolly!' and his sweet return to the Tony Awards

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/arts/la-ca-cm-jerry-zaks-20170611-htmlstory.html

Updated On: 6/9/17 at 10:42 PM

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#137Official Hello, Dolly! Sidecar thread.
Posted: 6/9/17 at 11:49pm

Stage Door Sally said: "At long last, after buying tickets in September, my group of eight saw Hello, Dolly! on Saturday. The show was even MORE electric than it was in the preview I attended. The audience was super pumped. Everyone in my group had the time of their lives and absolutely loved the show. The acting, music, dancing, costumes, sets, a complete hit! They also loved the whimsical touches like the horse, train, David Hyde Pierce's twitching mustache, Jennifer Simard's tomfoolery (Honestly, she needs a yellow boa in the curtain call), Bette's cute little legs and dinner antics, and the way Barnaby and Cornelius shouted, "AAAAH" and "Puddin!" They were also entranced with Kate Baldwin's melodious voice, and the Waiter's Gallop.

I put together gift bags for everyone, including Dolly pins, copies of the CD, tissues (I needed them again) and homemade Hello Dolly bars. The merchandise vendors at the theater made out very well with our group as well. 

The Shubert was great accommodating my mom. We were allowed in before the mad rush and were able to seat her (Row H center seat) before the crowd ensued. Easy to store her wheelchair. Earphones (free) were available so I got her a pair using my driver's license as collateral. They let us linger inside after the show so I was able to get some great group shots in front of the final curtain that had Hello, Dolly! emblazoned on it.

A truly memorable night of theater.

"Yes it is Sally!!! Can't wait to see it again later in the year w/ my Mom!Official Hello, Dolly! Sidecar thread.

brenway
#138Official Hello, Dolly! Sidecar thread.
Posted: 6/10/17 at 7:52pm

doing Standing Room tomorrow. When do you guys suggest I go down to stand? I live in Manhattan. 

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#139Official Hello, Dolly! Sidecar thread.
Posted: 6/10/17 at 11:43pm

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#140Official Hello, Dolly! Sidecar thread.
Posted: 6/11/17 at 12:53am

brenway
#141Official Hello, Dolly! Sidecar thread.
Posted: 6/11/17 at 7:41am

Only four of us in line for Standing Room right now.

Willy Loman2
#142Ginger as Dolly
Posted: 6/11/17 at 1:55pm

Hi Dollypop.  Love your posts.  I had a similar experience to yours with Dolly.  I was probably 14 at the time and the moment when Dolly appeared behind that newspaper changed my life!  But my first Dolly was Ginger Rogers and, although I've seen many Dollys since -- Martha Raye, Dorothy Lamour, Yvonne DeCarlo, Pearl Baily, Madeline Kahn, Nell Carter and, of course, Channing several times -- Ginger has always been my favorite.  She brought a warmth to the role that I always found lacking in Channing and the others. Channing was brilliant but, to me, a little too robotic.  My biggest disappointment was Bailey who I so looked forward to and who -- at the performance I attended -- absolutely phoned it in.  I was on the front row and couldn't understand half of what she said.  Cab Calloway was amazing though -- by far my favorite Horace.   I would love to hear your memories of Ginger.  Was she really as brilliant as my memory of her or was I simply overwhelmed by my first ever Bway show?  The Dolly that I would most like to have seen is Eve Arden. I've always been a huge fan and would love to have seen her in the role.  Did you happen to see her? Very different from Channing I imagine!

FANtomFollies Profile Photo
FANtomFollies
#143seating question
Posted: 6/11/17 at 4:01pm

Beyond excited to see this next month. Have tix for Orch. Row N, center section. Does anyone know if the overhang of the Mezz will 'cut off' our view of the top of the stage?

Dollypop
#144seating question
Posted: 6/11/17 at 5:55pm

Willy, thanks for sharing your Dolly Love!  No, I didn't  get to see Eve Arden. Please remember that in the 60's send 70 's, I was a high school/ college student and travel for me was limited.

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#145seating question
Posted: 6/11/17 at 6:05pm

FANtomFollies said: "Beyond excited to see this next month. Have tix for Orch. Row N, center section. Does anyone know if the overhang of the Mezz will 'cut off' our view of the top of the stage?

"No, you'll be just fine...great seats... Have FUN!

Dollypop
#146seating question
Posted: 6/11/17 at 6:51pm

As for Ginger Rogers: I loved her! Seeing clips of her on YouTube, her voice was quite thin but she was so graceful that the sets seemed to swirl around her. She did the clog dance in "Dancing" that Minnie Fray normally does.

JVJ93
#147seating question
Posted: 6/12/17 at 2:17am

Just curious. Has anyone sat in Row E of the mezz? I got E 1 on the aisle to see Donna in August. 

Stage Door Sally
#148seating question
Posted: 6/12/17 at 7:07am

"Didn't find it posted anywhere, but for all Donna Murphy performances, use code "HDFB511" or "HOTBOX522" for $109 orchestra seats & $99 mezz seats."

So, the kid says we gotta see Donna Murphy. What seller is that discount good for? I don't like TodayTix because you can't choose the seats. Does anyone have any current discount rec's?

ETA: Just bought tickets using HDBOX522 telecharge discount. Happy.

Updated On: 6/12/17 at 07:07 AM

Dollypop
#149seating question
Posted: 6/13/17 at 10:22am

Today is the feast of St. Anthony and I went to morning mass because we Italians love St. Anthony. Our pastor greeted me at the front door by singing "Hello, Dolly!" and then said he was thinking of me every time the show won another Tony Award Sunday night. 

Nice to have people thinking of me that way.

Videos