pixeltracker

MUSIC MAN Rush Line. Updates and such.- Page 6

MUSIC MAN Rush Line. Updates and such.

mamaleh
#125Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 2/18/22 at 2:58pm

To anyone on the rush line: Could you please inquire as to whether one can purchase two single seats (not next to each other) as opposed to two together?  I'm curious.  Thanks. 

forfivemoreminutes
#126Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 2/23/22 at 8:15am

Got here at 8:12 today (Wednesday, two show day) and there were about 50-60 people already here. Let’s see if there are any tickets left by the time I’m at the front.

forfivemoreminutes
#127Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 2/23/22 at 8:15am

Double post 

Updated On: 2/23/22 at 08:15 AM

socjoc1107 Profile Photo
socjoc1107
#128Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 2/23/22 at 8:40am

Please keep us posted! I arrived at 7:40 a.m. and immediately turned around (too stressful of a workday to risk not grabbing tickets!). Going to commit to a day that is colder, hopefully!

forfivemoreminutes
#129Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 2/23/22 at 10:46am

I got a seat! V-36, the last seat on the right in the last row of the orchestra, but not partial view. The person in front of me in line got two tickets for seats A-9 and A-11, marked as partial view.

socjoc1107 Profile Photo
socjoc1107
#130Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 2/23/22 at 10:54am

YAY!! That's amazing!! Did you have an option between evening and matinee? 

Really appreciate you sharing your experience — bummed I didn't wait, but I think it worked out for me because I was leading an external call at 10:30 a.m. and likely would have missed it!

forfivemoreminutes
#131Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 2/23/22 at 11:12am

I got matinee - didn’t ask about evening, but the person behind me got two tickets for evening. The person in front of me got two for the matinee. You probably wouldn’t have made it in time for your 10:30 call though - I got my ticket at 10:38. Good luck for next time. :)

nrosen
#132Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 2/25/22 at 8:19am

Just arrived for Friday the 25th rush. Got here at 8:15 and are behind 25 people. Not sure if we’ll get tickets but based on what people are saying we’re keeping positive about our chances!

nrosen
#133Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 2/25/22 at 8:38pm

nrosen said: "Just arrived for Friday the 25th rush. Got here at 8:15 and are behind 25 people. Not sure if we’ll get tickets but based on what people are saying we’re keeping positive about our chances!"

First person arrived at 5a, they ran out after about 19 people so unfortunately we didn’t get tickets today. It was raining but still a lot of people showed up. About 60 people in line when the doors opened at 10a

lachri5
#134Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 2/26/22 at 12:40pm

Kudos to the person who brought a full on mattress to the rush line this morning. Legend!

Mahi
#135Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 2/26/22 at 9:54pm

How was the line today? 

forfivemoreminutes
#136Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 3/2/22 at 7:15am

Got here at 7:15 today (March 2) and I’m 11th in line. It’s a two show day, and I both want tickets for a matinee and want only a single ticket, so I’m feeling very good about my place in line.

forfivemoreminutes
#137Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 3/2/22 at 10:22am

Update: apparently today was a great day to rush. There were about 30 people there by 8:50 and about 55 by 10:00. Only 20 people there by 8:00 - most people came between 8:30-9:30. I got a single seat for the matinee in row N orchestra centre, seat 113. The person behind me got N centre, seat 114. The people in front of me (tenth in line, arrived just before me around 7:05) got two seats in row J centre orchestra for the matinee, 101 and 102. The person in front of them (ninth in line, arrived around 7:00) got two seats in row R centre orchestra for the evening show. Very successful rush experience! Excited to see this show again from a better seat than last time.

George Louis Holstein III Profile Photo
George Louis Holstein III
#138Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 3/2/22 at 11:36am

Any updates from someone who has gone on a Saturday? I'm going to rush next Saturday (the 12th) and trying to gage the best time to arrive. 

Mahi
#139Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 3/6/22 at 8:27am

Finally joined the rush line at 7 am on Saturday 3/5. Weather was chilly in 30s and I was surprised to see 29 people already in line at 7 am. Since this was a 2 show day, I was certain we would get tickets for either of them. It got colder as we stood outside so definitely dress up warm and good shoes. Bring a foldable camp chair as you will need it. We got to the ticket window by 10:25 and the guy at extreme right ticketing window was very direct in saying only partial view seats available for 2pm or 8pm. He did not offer to show any seating plan and issued us 4 tickets B 13 & 15 and C 13 & 15. These are extreme left seats in 2nd and 3rd row. The guy in ticketing window 2 was much nicer and the lady behind me asked him for rush tickets which are NOT partial views and he issued them 2 tickets without being rude. We got lucky that there were 4 seats empty in row C next to C 13 and 15. So 4 of us moved into those once there was a scene change after 15 mins in the matinee show. Full view and we had such a good time seeing the show so up close. By 8 am there were about 50 people in line and by 9 am there were 90 people in line. Hugh Jackman came out to meet his fans near stage door area and spent 15 mins acknowledging fans. We loved his humbleness and glad we got to see him. 

Updated On: 3/6/22 at 08:27 AM

Tuna2
#140Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 3/6/22 at 12:58pm

We rushed on 3/5/22 (Saturday).  We arrived on line at 6:52. First person got in line at 4:30 am. When we joined the line, there were 21 people in line, though there may have been 18 in line as actual buyers (i.e. couples) that were getting tickets.  By 7:10, 33 folks, 8:00, 44 folks, 9:05, 51 folks, 9:30, 60 folks, 9:45, 70 folks.  If you counted individual heads, there was easily 90 people or more in line and the line stretched around the corner at Applebee's.  But again, there were a lot of couples or people of four in line and I'm estimating that those couples only got the two tickets between them (like my wife and I, we both waited in line, but I only got a pair of tickets). A guy (who wasn't in line) stated he did the rush line several times and noted that they usually have only 42 rush tickets available for each show. I took this with a grain of salt, feeling that he may be basing this on rumor versus facts.  The theater opened at 10:00 to let people in to purchase tickets.  When it was our turn, we went to the middle ticket window.  We are going to the matinee show.  I asked the seller for the best non-limited view pair of seats available.  He then stated that for this matinee show, no tickets being sold were limited view.  Very excited about this. We were able to get two tickets in the Orchestra, Row L, Seats 6 and 8 (right side of the house) for $49 each. What I found odd was that the person immediately behind us in line (who was at the next ticket window over while we were getting our tickets) was getting tickets for the evening performance and all they had available were single seats, no pairs anywhere! I would think that the same rush seats would be available for both shows, but I guess that's not the case.  I didn't stick around to see what the cut-off line was, but I would estimate if you're further back than 50-60 place in line for a two show day, there's a good chance you will not be getting any tickets.  The show was wonderful and our seat view was incredible!!  Sorry this was a little long winded, but I wanted to be as detailed as possible regarding my experience.  Good luck to those folks who plan to rush this show in the future!

George Louis Holstein III Profile Photo
George Louis Holstein III
#141Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 3/7/22 at 9:28am

Thank you both for your reports! I will be rushing this Saturday (in need of matinee tickets) so I plan to arrive around 6:30 AM, I'll report back. Do you remember what time Hugh arrived at the theater?

Tuna2
#142Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 3/7/22 at 12:15pm

George Louis Holstein III said: "Thank you both for your reports! I will be rushing this Saturday (in need of matinee tickets) so I plan to arrive around 6:30 AM, I'll report back. Do you remember what time Hugh arrived at the theater?"

After getting the tickets, we didn't stick around to see when Hugh got to the theater.  Unlike the box office which is on Broadway, the stage door is on the other side of the theater on 7th Ave.  After we got our tickets, we just left the theater to go do other things.  So to answer your question, I do not have a guess as to when Hugh arrives to the theater.  From what I've read, Hugh will chat with you and take selfies, but I don't believe he signs Playbills.  If you get to the theater by 6:30, you shouldn't have a problem getting a ticket.  Just make sure you bring a chair to sit on so you're not standing the entire time.  Remember that they only sell two tickets per person.  Also ask for any available non-limited view tickets if possible.  That's what we did and got fantastic seats.  Good luck and let us know how you made out.

Mark_E Profile Photo
Mark_E
#143Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 3/9/22 at 11:20am

Around 45-50 people infront of me this morning, took until 10:40 to reach the window but was able to get a seat for the matinee, D13 Partial View, although its pretty much the same position as I was a few weeks ago just a few rows further back. Certainly seemed to be plenty of tickets available.

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#144Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 3/9/22 at 5:21pm

Mark_E said: "Around 45-50 people infront of me this morning, took until 10:40 to reach the window but was able to get a seat for the matinee, D13 Partial View, although its pretty much the same position as I was a few weeks ago just a few rows further back. Certainly seemed to be plenty of tickets available."

And what time did you get there?

Mark_E Profile Photo
Mark_E
#145Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 3/9/22 at 6:51pm

Oops, that would have been helpful.

Got there just before 9AM. View was great from D13, probably moreso than A9 as being that bit further back helps.

MattieIce2018
#146Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 3/10/22 at 9:10am

Arrived at 7:30 AM yesterday and the line was between the marquee and the Applebee's when I got there. I was probably around 20th in line. Got row B, partial view, house right for the evening show. The woman at the box office told me that it was the "last full view seat" but she must have misspoke - the view was still great because so much of the staging is downstage center but I couldn't see about half of the back wall.

BCfitasafiddle
#147Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 3/12/22 at 12:40pm

It was a crazy morning for rush at the Winter Garden this morning. Over 120 people by 10:00 even in the freezing rain. First person arrived at 4:00 AM. 

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#148Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 3/12/22 at 12:48pm

BCfitasafiddle said: "It was a crazy morning for rush at the Winter Garden this morning. Over 120 people by 10:00 even in the freezing rain. First person arrived at 4:00 AM."

That's insanity!

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

broadwaybb3
#149Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 3/13/22 at 10:00am

Are weekday rushes typically quieter? Anyone tried a Tuesday or Thursday?

Videos