Grease Chat

mmajer
#125re: Grease Chat
Posted: 1/7/07 at 9:38pm

It turns out I went to school with one of the girl on next week! During the preview for next week right after they say "new york brought out the talent" they show a girl with a green dress and blond hair, her name is Kayte and she is absolutely PHENOMINAL! Now I'm going to have to watch this show...

defyingravity11 Profile Photo
defyingravity11
#126re: Grease Chat
Posted: 1/7/07 at 9:43pm

I think they did already pick the top 12. Aren't they the ones they had on the Thanksgiving Day Parade? As for the show... I think I'm a little speechless.

"In theater, the process of it is the experience. Everyone goes through the process, and everyone has the experience together. It doesn't last - only in people's memories and in their hearts. That's the beauty and sadness of it. But that's life - beauty and the sadness. And that is why theater is life." - Sherie Rene Scott

bluesuadeshoes8 Profile Photo
bluesuadeshoes8
#127re: Grease Chat
Posted: 1/7/07 at 9:43pm

did anyone else think they saw Juliana Ashley Hansen from the millie tour on the preview for the new york auditions? i could have sworn it was her!

popular_elphie Profile Photo
popular_elphie
#128re: Grease Chat
Posted: 1/7/07 at 9:50pm

defyingravity11, I don't think that was them. Dominic Nolfi, a swing in Jersey Boys was in that group, and for him to have gone to the Grease Academy, he would've had to take off for a while, and I don't believe he did. Could be wrong, though.

bryan
#129re: Grease Chat
Posted: 1/7/07 at 9:51pm

so how are they going to pick the other people in the show like roger and jan.

Broadwayfan120791 Profile Photo
Broadwayfan120791
#130re: Grease Chat
Posted: 1/7/07 at 9:58pm

it seems a little bit fixed to me...

I mean the part where in L.A. they had the last guy for Danny go up, right before he auditioned, they go...Well, so far no great Danny's have really come about, maybe this last and final one of here will be better..or something along those lines...and then comes that really good voice of the last guys [ not sure of his name ] ...hmm wonder why that was said, then he comes along..i mean could just be a coincidence, but seems a bit weird.

maybe there's a slight chance..next week's episode might be okay....since it is in NY, broadway's home...

Come on babe we're gonna paint the town...and all that jazz...

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#131re: Grease Chat
Posted: 1/7/07 at 9:59pm

I think this show is eh. I mean, it could get better.
Maybe, I'm not saying it will be a masterpiece, its fluff entertaiment. I can't believe their using the Palace for the GREASE auditions. {Oh the ALL SHOOK UP memories...}

That girl who sang GOOD MORNING BALITMORE looked like LC from The Hills/Laguna Beach.

I liked Sunshine and Patrica, they were cool. They had awesome personalities, and the 40 year old guy they put through look like he was made of plastic: how many surgries he must have had.

Billy Bush is ANNOYING. I wanted to claw my own eyes out. He was so blah. I long for Ryan Seacrest and his corny "Seacrest Out!"

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.

FOAnatic Profile Photo
FOAnatic
#132re: Grease Chat
Posted: 1/7/07 at 10:00pm

Becky was a senior when I was a freshman so I don't know much about her past roles when I wasn't there.

We did the fall drama together and she did have one of the starring roles. However, she did not do the musical that year.

"I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about." - Oscar Wilde

Candleshoe2 Profile Photo
Candleshoe2
#133re: Grease Chat
Posted: 1/7/07 at 10:02pm

Does anyone know if they're going with the European version of the show that's a bit closer to the film?

LiTtLeDaNcEr729 Profile Photo
LiTtLeDaNcEr729
#134re: Grease Chat
Posted: 1/7/07 at 10:04pm

bluesuadeshoes- I saw who you are talking about- and I think it is her as well. Unless there is some girl who looks FREAKISHLY similar.

Broadwayfan120791
#135re: Grease Chat
Posted: 1/7/07 at 10:23pm

welll I just bought my tickets...July 31st- 8:00

center orch row H

yupp...hopefully made the right choice re: Grease Chat

Jovie24 Profile Photo
Jovie24
#136re: Grease Chat
Posted: 1/7/07 at 10:38pm

What cracks me up is that most of these auditions are mostly staged. Not because they really were, but you are dealing with big over-the-top actors who like the attention, so they are going to put on a front and be like "LOOK AT ME I AM ON TV AND I AM GOOD". Which gives the impression that most look stage, but really are not.

"Now the best way to learn the theater, always, is to be a stage manager" -Stephen Sondheim

pjsings Profile Photo
pjsings
#137re: Grease Chat
Posted: 1/7/07 at 11:21pm

GO ASHLEY SPENCER!!! She was my yonah when i was in Children of Eden..love her :)

jeremykushnier1fan Profile Photo
jeremykushnier1fan
#138re: Grease Chat
Posted: 1/7/07 at 11:22pm

HAHAHA!

neddyfrank2
#139re: Grease Chat
Posted: 1/7/07 at 11:40pm

Does anybody know what theaters they held auditions at?
Updated On: 1/7/07 at 11:40 PM

LouieLovesTheater Profile Photo
LouieLovesTheater
#140re: Grease Chat
Posted: 1/8/07 at 12:01am

WHY must every show be a carbon copy of American Idol? Stuffy British judge, badly staged "bad" auditions, TWO annoying hosts (Billy Bush has to have the least charm of any host I've seen. Dunkelman would have been better...and where was Denise...is she being kept around just to make racy promos or what?)

They have picked the Top 12...about a month ago now. A girl from my neck of the woods made it to the Top 12. Funny thing was...she auditioned in LA, they showed a few quick clips of her but not her audition OR her dancing. You would think that if she was one of 6 girls who made the Top they would at least show her audition...right?

I'll keep watching for her and her alone...she's very good.

Becoz_i_knew_you21 Profile Photo
Becoz_i_knew_you21
#141re: Grease Chat
Posted: 1/8/07 at 12:09am

A little less than half the people they let into the second round weren't very good singers in my opinion.

Matters Profile Photo
Matters
#142re: Grease Chat
Posted: 1/8/07 at 12:13am

is anyone else severely bothered by the 40 year old "Danny" that made it past the dance level? The one who looks like John Travolta now as opposed to back in the 70s.

Canadians are not afraid of the dark! Ok...we don't love it, but who does?

SporkGoddess
#143re: Grease Chat
Posted: 1/8/07 at 12:28am

Especially seeing as how they turned away and even made fun of 40-year-old Sandy's...

Jimmy, what are you doing here in the middle of the night? It's almost 9 PM!

Traci Profile Photo
Traci
#144re: Grease Chat
Posted: 1/8/07 at 12:35am

"They have picked the Top 12...about a month ago now. A girl from my neck of the woods made it to the Top 12. Funny thing was...she auditioned in LA, they showed a few quick clips of her but not her audition OR her dancing. You would think that if she was one of 6 girls who made the Top they would at least show her audition...right?"

Maybe they didn't show her because she made the top 12.
I also know someone who made the top 12. He auditioned in NY though. I'll keep my eye out next week to see if he's showed at all.

~Avatar: Alan ming~

~Official Member of GFU~
~Member of C...FU, whose official color is cat blue, which is quite different than royal blue!~
~Because no one puts Mary in their signature~

~"OMG I Peed!" -Anthony Rapp (His reaction to the 'Everybody Has AIDS' song from Team America

Broadwayfan120791
#145re: Grease Chat
Posted: 1/8/07 at 1:02am

is anyone else severely bothered by the 40 year old "Danny" that made it past the dance level? The one who looks like John Travolta now as opposed to back in the 70s

I am bothered by that...what were they thinking when they picked him. I sure would hate to see him up there and playing Danny sorry to say, but it should be a bit or actually a lot younger looking than him.

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#146re: Grease Chat
Posted: 1/8/07 at 6:57am

"Does anybody know what theaters they held auditions at?"

in LA, I'm not sure.
Chicago they said.
New York is The Palace.
Anywhere else, not sure.

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.

colleen_lee
#147re: Grease Chat
Posted: 1/8/07 at 7:41am

I'm also pretty sure I know someone who made Top 12, she was at the LA audition, and I didn't see any of her audition either.

It seems silly to show all those auditions and not show people who are Top 12.

"You just can't win. Ever. Look at the bright side, at least you are not stuck in First Wives Club: The Musical. That would really suck. " --Sueleen Gay

Videos