#1525Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 5/19/24 at 10:48am

Not the first time liking your own posts, however 

TBFL Profile Photo
TBFL
#1526Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 5/20/24 at 2:51am

Wbooks said: "

Someone on YouTube re-edited all of the released footage in chronological order with the broadway score underneath. Makes you realise how much of the first act they've already shown:Link

Seeing as the first film is currently running at just under 2 hours and that clip is 4 mins, you really havent seen much at all.

Updated On: 5/20/24 at 02:51 AM

TBFL Profile Photo
TBFL
#1527Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 5/20/24 at 11:27pm

As I mentioned a while back, the 4 Lego sets will be available from October.

'Wicked' Lego Merch

https://www.lego.com/en-us/themes/wicked/about

Updated On: 5/20/24 at 11:27 PM

smallvillefan16
#1528Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 5/25/24 at 4:54pm

I'm not sure if this has been posted or not, but the trailer shown before Furiosa edited out the 'popular' singing featured in the trailer. 

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
 Musical Master Profile Photo
Musical Master
#1530Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 6/11/24 at 5:06pm

Jeffrey Karasarides said: "As today marks the birthday of author L. Frank Baum, the first full length trailer has just debuted.

"

After looking at the trailer and the "Passion Project" featurette, I'm very excited for this! I really like the choice of director, cast, production, and it's very clear that like Spielberg's own West Side Story that everyone involved is going to give their 100 percent into this. Also fascinated by the choice of having Wicked split into two films, I'm curious as to how that idea pays off.

Plus, I did hear audio of Ariana Grande during "No One Mourns the Wicked", so you can imagine my pleasant surprise that she can hit those notes in the way that the score was originally written. She was the one casting choice I wasn't sure about at first, but from the audio, I'm excited to how she'll handle the rest of the score.

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#1531Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 6/11/24 at 6:16pm

Ariana’s vocals were never going to be an issue, she can out sing just about anyone. It’s her acting that has me a little concerned, especially after that Hairspray mess. 

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#1532Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 6/11/24 at 8:07pm

TotallyEffed said: "Ariana’s vocals were never going to be an issue, she can out sing just about anyone. It’s her acting that has me a little concerned, especially after that Hairspray mess."

In all fairness, HAIRSPRAY Live! was in 2016, almost a decade ago and she’s been with an acting coach for years since so she now has technique. I’m sure HAIRSPRAY Live! she was going by instinct and the director’s help. She prepped extensively for WICKED, for a role a handful of others were also in the running. Her pop star status DID help her being considered but the other actresses also had their own credibility to bring to the project so whoever got the role wasn’t some unknown and unproven commodity. 

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#1533Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 6/11/24 at 10:10pm

She was an established TV actor by then, no? I recognize all of what you said but she was so astonishingly horrible in Hairspray that it’s a bit hard to forget. I’m sure her Glinda will be much improved.

Rumpelstiltskin Profile Photo
Rumpelstiltskin
BrodyFosse123
#1535Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 6/13/24 at 8:37am

TotallyEffed said: "She was an established TV actor by then, no? I recognize all of what you saidbut she was so astonishinglyhorrible in Hairspray that it’s a bit hard to forget. I’m sure her Glinda will be much improved."

I complete agree her work in HAIRSPRAY Live! was amateurish and flat out terrible. Her acting work prior was on 2 kid/tween bubblegum series on Nickelodeon, which didn’t need the help of any acting coach. HAIRSPRAY Live! was her flying on her own alongside seasoned actors and she was out of her comfort zone. Stunt/star casting her as Penny Pingleton? Absolutely. She definitely brought a large portion of the viewers due to her enormous fan base. It was a small supporting role so no big whoop, really. Glinda in WICKED is her first major acting role and artist growth has taken place in the years since she started “acting.” No way in Hell would she had been cast if she wasn’t capable of pulling this off. Countless others with big names were in the running. They chose her over them. The role wasn’t just offered to her. 

FANtomFollies Profile Photo
FANtomFollies
#1536Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 6/13/24 at 9:27am

BrodyFosse123 said: "No way in Hell would she had been cast if she wasn’t capable of pulling this off. Countless others with big names were in the running. They chose her over them. The role wasn’t just offered to her."

Because no one has ever been cast in a movie musical that was incapable of handling the role... 

hearthemsing22
#1537Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 6/13/24 at 4:34pm

Updated On: 6/13/24 at 04:34 PM

TheatreFan4 Profile Photo
TheatreFan4
#1538Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 6/13/24 at 8:19pm

FANtomFollies said: "BrodyFosse123 said: "No way in Hell would she had been cast if she wasn’t capable of pulling this off. Countless others with big names were in the running. They chose her over them. The role wasn’t just offered to her."

Because no one has ever been cast in a movie musical that was incapable of handling the role...
"

You say that... and it's usually pertaining to their singing ability not their acting. We all know Ariana can sing it so... try again? This isn't Russell Crowe or Gerard Butler. 

Musical Master Profile Photo
Musical Master
#1539Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 6/17/24 at 1:30pm

There was a TV spot last night during the Tony Awards. Didn't have any new footage, but there was a snippet of Ariana singing "Popular" and Cynthia singing the word "unlimited" both of which sounded really good.

BrodyFosse123
#1540Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 6/17/24 at 5:47pm

Musical Master said: "There was a TV spot last night during the Tony Awards. Didn't have any new footage, but there was a snippet of Ariana singing "Popular" and Cynthia singing the word "unlimited" both of which sounded really good."

Videos