pixeltracker

HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements- Page 64

HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#1575HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 11/20/18 at 11:59am

I didn't realize Nicholas Christopher was leaving. I loved his performance as Aaron Burr.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#1576HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 11/20/18 at 12:19pm

Josh Tower is the Angelica tour's new Aaron Burr, according to the show's website.

DottieD'Luscia
#1577HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 11/20/18 at 12:34pm

Oh wow, good for him. He wasn't on the website when I checked earlier today.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

DottieD'Luscia
#1578HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 11/20/18 at 12:34pm

Oh wow, good for him. He wasn't on the website when I checked earlier today.

Sincerely Werk! Profile Photo
Sincerely Werk!
#1579HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 11/20/18 at 5:25pm

DottieD'Luscia said: "Oh wow, good for him. He wasn't on the website when I checked earlier today."

The website is pretty untrustworthy. The last time I saw the Angelica tour it said Chris Lee was still Lafayette / Jefferson when it was really Bryson Bruce. 

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#1580HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 11/20/18 at 5:28pm

For most of today, the website also listed Corpuz as playing “John Laurens / Philip Schuyler,” which is not a role in the show.

Updated On: 11/20/18 at 05:28 PM

DottieD'Luscia
#1581HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 11/21/18 at 9:15am

Sincerely Werk! said: "DottieD'Luscia said: "Oh wow, good for him. He wasn't on the website when I checked earlier today."

The website is pretty untrustworthy. The last time I saw the Angelica tour it said Chris Lee was still Lafayette / Jefferson when it was really Bryson Bruce.
"

At one of the performances I saw in DC, they had Chris Lee listed in the program as Lafayette/Jefferson.  I know it wasn't him as I had seen him in Chicago, so I knew what he looked like. Chris had departed the Angelica company after its run in Atlanta.

Updated On: 11/21/18 at 09:15 AM

Sincerely Werk!
#1582HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 11/26/18 at 3:03pm

Any idea whose filling in for Mandy while she's out? 

natashalost
#1583HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 11/26/18 at 3:13pm

Sincerely Werk! said: "Any idea whose filling in for Mandy while she's out?"

Probably Elizabeth Judd mainly, Jeannie Harney may even be filling in. Don’t know for sure 

Janaenae
#1584HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 12/14/18 at 7:36pm

Looks like Broadway's getting a new leading man. https://www.instagram.com/p/BrYhdFwHPUW/

Rainah
#1585HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 12/16/18 at 10:28am

Aw man that's a shame. I was hoping to catch it with him and denee in march

Sincerely Werk!
#1586HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 12/17/18 at 9:20pm

Janaenae said: "Looks like Broadway's getting a new leading man.https://www.instagram.com/p/BrYhdFwHPUW/

"

Aw, I absolutely loved his performance. He will be missed! 

DottieD'Luscia
#1587HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 12/21/18 at 1:09pm

Has anyone here seen Josh Tower as Burr?  I've been entering the lottery for performances in Hartford.

SchuylWERKsister Profile Photo
SchuylWERKsister
#1588HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 12/24/18 at 8:13pm

Im hearing that Ariana DeBose is going into Hamilton as a lead after Summer closes. Likely on Broadway. My guess would be Angelica since Joanna is on leave and due to return as Peggy/Maria. 

Updated On: 12/24/18 at 08:13 PM

DottieD'Luscia
#1589HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 12/24/18 at 9:39pm

I went to the box office on Sunday and was able to purchase a regularly priced ticket to Michael's final performance. I was shocked, but thought it was worth a shot to inquire.

Sincerely Werk!
#1590HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 12/25/18 at 12:25am

SchuylWERKsister said: "Im hearing that Ariana DeBose is going into Hamilton as a lead after Summer closes. Likely on Broadway. My guess would be Angelica since Joanna is on leave and due to return as Peggy/Maria."

Hell yes! She would be PERFECT for Angelica. 

natashalost
#1591HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 12/25/18 at 12:18pm

SchuylWERKsister said: "Im hearing that Ariana DeBose is going into Hamilton as a lead after Summer closes. Likely on Broadway. My guess would be Angelica since Joanna is on leave and due to return as Peggy/Maria."

YES YES YES! I always wondered why she never understudied any of the roles in the show since she has a great voice and is a great actress. 

CedricOates
#1592HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 12/30/18 at 12:50am

Josh Tower is a POWERHOUSE

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#1593HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 12/30/18 at 2:26pm

Janaenae said: "Looks like Broadway's getting a new leading man.https://www.instagram.com/p/BrYhdFwHPUW/

"

I wonder who will be michaels replacement. I hope Miguel from the Chicago production gets a shot. He’s been here from the get go and has always been amazing. 

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

florida theatre kid Profile Photo
florida theatre kid
#1594HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 1/29/19 at 11:04pm

According to the Philip Tour Playbill at Dr. Phillips in Orlando, Erin Clemons will be Eliza starting Feb 5th!

DottieD'Luscia
#1595HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 1/30/19 at 9:55am

Paris Nix is the new Lafayette/Jefferson in Chicago. I can't remember who he replaced.

Rainah
#1596HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 1/30/19 at 10:32am

Any reports on the current bway cast?

jawjuhh
#1597HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 1/30/19 at 1:23pm

Any reports on the current bway cast?

I saw the show in NY two weeks ago and thought it was in great shape. I haven't revisited since seeing the OBC, and I was really impressed by Michael Luwoye, Denee Benton, Carvens Lissaint, who all were as good--and at times better--than the OBC. Denee Benton was really spectacular, and I'm so glad I was able to see her, especially since I've heard lackluster things about her predecessor. Sadly I agree with everybody's assessment of Mandy Gonzalez.... should really have been a star turning role, but it fell flat. I thought James Monroe Igleheart was a great Thomas Jefferson, but my god was his French accent painful. I really enjoyed what Wallace Smith did with James Madison, but similarly didn't like his Hercules Mulligan as much. Daniel Breaker was a pretty great burr though played it a bit differently than Leslie. All in all would highly rec this cast

Sincerely Werk!
#1598HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 2/6/19 at 8:05am

Rainah said: "Any reports on the current bway cast?"

Michael Luwoye is amazing, I can't praise him enough. During Yorktown he becomes so invested in his monologue that I actually started tearing up a little, lol.

Denee brings such a beautiful sweetness and maturity in the role that I have not seen since Phillipa. 

Daniel Beaker is good, he just took some time getting use to. 

Mandy is a mixed case. She has a beautiful voice but her rapping and acting is really frantic. However she struck me right in the heart during Its Quiet Uptown.

Carvens has improved TREMENDOUSLY since I saw him in DC. 

MyLife
#1599HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 2/6/19 at 8:47am

Luwoye is great but I do think he has started to overact and over do the role a bit. He's too much at times now that it distracts me from others on stage. The first time I saw him when he was the Broadway standby, he was spectacular, and I wish he was still giving that performance.

I do not care for Breaker as Burr. His voice his fine but nowhere as powerful or emotional as the other 6 Burrs I have seen (save for 1). He's a bit goofy and play the role more like a caricature. It's a choice for sure, but not one that  I care for so I'm ready for a new take on it.

Denee was the highlight of this last time. I agree with the previous poster about her Eliza being the perfect mix of sweet and mature. There is a power in her introversion.

Carvens has a wonderful voice but I think he reads a bit too young for Washington. I didn't get the sense that he's this powerful man who commands his men. The relationship between Washington and Hamilton suffered. I preferred Chris Jackson (obviously)  Gregory Treco when I saw him understudy Washington last.

Mandy Gonzalez and James Monroe Iglehart need to go. Mandy may have improved a little and they're both serviceable but these roles desperately need new blood.

I still think Anthony Lee Medina is the best Laurens Hamilton has ever had. For a role that dies twice, he really packs a punch.

Joanna Jones and Wallace Smith are both great, solid and dependable. And Euan Morton plays up the crazy King really well. He's refreshing. Though I wonder if he's getting ready to leave as he's been there a while.

Videos