pixeltracker

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread- Page 65

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#1600Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/12/18 at 5:45pm

mikey2573 said: "I tried for the Firday Forty yesterday for the first time. When you go to the site you are asked to type in your email and phone number, which I did. Then to the right of the screen that is a list of the week's performances with a bubble in front of each. I assumed that I was to pick the shows I was interested in attending by clicking on the bubble in front of the date, which I did. I clicked on Saturday's and Sunday's shows and the bubbles indicated that I had chosen those. Then when I submitted the page the only performance that I saw on the next page was the Wednesday show, which I had NOT chosen. So, I tried to click back and do it again, but I got the message that I could only enter once. So, if I highlighted the Sat. and Sun. shows why did the website show me only the Wed. shows as ones I could attend? Did I do something wrong?

I think the default is that all the shows are clicked, and you unclick the ones you don't want.

Notreallysilent 2
#1601Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/13/18 at 12:42pm

So I was lucky enough to see the show again yesterday, sitting in the dress circle. I have now sat in every tier possible (orchestra, dress circle, balcony, and box seats), and I just thought I’d share some tips. If you can I think the dress circle is the best place to sit for this show. Looking at the set from up there is beautiful, and its a great view of the show. There is also a lot of leg room up there I was genuinely surprised. I sat in row j of the dress circle and i couldn’t see faces super clearly, but I think it was my favorite spot that I’ve seen the show in. I will say that each location has its advantages though (even the balcony and box seats) there seriously is no bad seat in the house. If anyone wants more help with seating choices, you can PM me I don’t want to say anything else just in case I get too much into spoilers if the show. I posted this link a while ago, but I’ll post it again so you don’t have to look through the entire thread. The link includes pictures from where I’ve sat (orchestra x 1, balcony box b, balcony h 103, and now dress circle J 125)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1mCYH-S5hsafBmvG1EvDQKkhgBEQKm149

Updated On: 5/13/18 at 12:42 PM

chewbaca
#1602Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/13/18 at 8:41pm

If given a choice in the Orchestra between Row D and Row N, which would be better if seating locations were the same? Are there any obstructions due to the position of the seats in the orchestra?

Lauren2
#1603Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/13/18 at 8:47pm

Are these tickets up for grabs or did you buy them before hand?

chewbaca
#1604Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/13/18 at 8:49pm

bought them. I dont resell tickets

(Insert Clever Name) Profile Photo
(Insert Clever Name)
#1605Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/13/18 at 9:02pm

Depends on the seat number, but I went down to to the orch and I thought that closer is better, what price point, or different price points?

Notreallysilent 2
#1606Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/13/18 at 9:16pm

chewbaca said: "If given a choice in the Orchestra between Row D and Row N, which would be better if seating locations were the same? Are there any obstructions due to the position of the seats in the orchestra?

"I was trying to answer you PM ybut it said you don’t accept PMs so I’ll jhst answer here! I think the row d seats might be better given that they are the same price. If the row n seat is cheaper I’d go with that one. Both seats will be a great view of the stage and actors, thiufh row n will probably give you a more full view of the stage when your looking at one spot (I hope that makes sense idk how else to describe it). I’m not sure how well the sights are, but you probably won’t be able to see faces as clearly in row n than row d. So both have pros and cons for sure, but I think row d will be yoyr best bet. Maybe check a view from my seat to see if there are pictures from both locations, but usually in pictures the stage appears much farther than it actually is in person!! 

Edit: there are some pictures on a view from my seat in the general area of what you are looking for. I haven’t sat in these two seats, so I can’t say for sure and I don’t want to give you wrong information, but each one definitely has pros and cons. Row d is closer and you can see facial expressions more clearly, but there is a chance you might see some of the technical things that they do for the effects (just what I’m assuming idk for sure). Row n seems to be a great overall look to the stage and effects, but might be a bit far to clearly see facial expressions

Updated On: 5/13/18 at 09:16 PM

stlrod
#1607Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/13/18 at 9:43pm

Looks like a bunch of availability for $199 seats opened up for Julio. Saw some front row center dress circle at that price.

fkevmaker
#1608Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/13/18 at 10:16pm

Hi all, I will be in NYC last-minute and I would love to get 2 tickets to see the show May 24th/May 25th to surprise my cousin. Happy with nosebleeds if the price is cheap! 

I'm super-broke, so hoping someone might see this and could message me if they have cheaper seats they end up not being able to use.

Also, will anymore of those $40-$80 seats be sold for those performances, or is Ticketmaster clean out of the cheaper tix? Sorry for naivete. Thanks in advance, you clever Broadway peeps! :) 

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#1609Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/13/18 at 10:29pm

chewbaca said: "If given a choice in the Orchestra between Row D and Row N, which would be better if seating locations were the same? Are there any obstructions due to the position of the seats in the orchestra?"

It depends on who you ask. Given the choice between D and N, I would pick D, without question. I sat in the front row, and it was an incredible experience. I missed the bigger picture of some of the effects, but I'd rather miss those few minutes in favor of 5 hours of being close to the actors. A friend sat in D 14, and she was blown away by the view. Here's a pic from her seat:

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread

Updated On: 5/13/18 at 10:29 PM

(Insert Clever Name)
#1610Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/14/18 at 10:40am

Holding Dress Circle Row M seats 111-110 for sunday may 27, 40/part. Tell me if you want me to release

lunch
#1611Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/14/18 at 11:06am

Not sure if this is the right place to post this.I have an extra ticket to Harry Potter and the Cursed Child. One Orchestra seat Row B, Seat 5 for 7:30 on May 31 and 7:30 on June 1.  Will sell for what I paid on Ticketmaster. 

smokeline2
#1612Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/14/18 at 11:07am

Did someone take the $40 dress circle tickets or are you still holding them? I messaged you a while ago and saw them release but couldn't get one in my cart. I want to know whether I should keep refreshing or if they're gone.

Thanks.

Updated On: 5/14/18 at 11:07 AM

(Insert Clever Name)
#1613Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/14/18 at 11:19am

Sorry, I released them to someone already

hermionejuliet Profile Photo
hermionejuliet
#1614Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/15/18 at 7:57am

delete

So, that was the Drowsy Chaperone. Oh, I love it so much. I know it's not a perfect show...but it does what a musical is supposed to do. It takes you to another world, and it gives you a little tune to carry with you in your head for when you're feeling blue. Ya know?
Updated On: 5/15/18 at 07:57 AM

hermionejuliet
#1615Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/15/18 at 9:53am

Morning all-
There are several seats availability in Row Y of the Orchestra for $130 a part - including some pairs- on May 30th.

So, that was the Drowsy Chaperone. Oh, I love it so much. I know it's not a perfect show...but it does what a musical is supposed to do. It takes you to another world, and it gives you a little tune to carry with you in your head for when you're feeling blue. Ya know?

Lauren2
#1616Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/16/18 at 6:29am

What side is better to sit in right or left? Or does it not matter?

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#1617Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/16/18 at 8:30am

Lauren2 said: "What side is better to sit in right or left? Or does it not matter?"

It doesn't matter for most seats, since all the action is basically center stage. For seats on the extreme sides, like the boxes or those on the far ends of dress circle row A, I've heard that the right side is better.

hermionejuliet
#1618Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/16/18 at 11:04am

Morning all-

Orch D seats 2-4 released for today's show at $199 a part.

Barbra
#1619Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/16/18 at 11:48am

Face value $40 per part tickets in Balcony row C for this Thu/Fri on StubHub right now. They’re listed separately for parts 1 and 2. Including StubHub fees, $109 total for a seat to both parts!

ColorTheHours048 Profile Photo
ColorTheHours048
#1620Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/16/18 at 3:08pm

$165 single ticket for Thurs, May 17 and Fri, May 18 available on Ticketmaster right now. Dress Circle Row D, Seat 110 (better than $199 Premium behind it).

vanbrig Profile Photo
vanbrig
#1621Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/16/18 at 6:03pm

I just recently returned home from NYC, and this show was a highlight of our trip! I thought it was great. Not see-it-a-dozen-times great (honestly, I probably won't feel like I'm ready to see it again for another year or two if that), but definitely wonderful. I'm a writer, so I always focus heavily on the book when I see a show, and while there were some parts that made me cringe, there were many others that were superb. And of course the technical aspects and production value is outstanding.

I sat in row J stage-right off to the side and thought my view was great. I probably wouldn't have wanted to be closer, because I love getting a good view of the entire stage. So to the people asking about which side is better: I can't speak for the other side, but I thought I had an amazing view overall.

Notreallysilent 2
#1622Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/16/18 at 7:01pm

For sides, it doesn’t really matter unless you are very much to the side (which probably will only apply to the box seats and those dress circle and balcony seats that curve. I was able to sit in both boxes due to a seating error when I sat in the boxes, and more occurs on the stage left corners than the stage right (at least for part one act two and all of part two). So if your between extreme sides I’d go with the right since you’ll be able to see the left side of the stage better.

Lauren2
#1623Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/16/18 at 7:16pm

Orchestra row J? Because that is what I am looking at. Is it that bad? Or can your see everything and actors faces. What they have open is seat 23 (orchestra left) and seat 24 (orchestra right) which ate each about 4-5 seats from the far aisle. Where was your exact seat?

Lauren2
#1624Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/16/18 at 7:18pm

So your saying the better view would be seat 24 (orchestra right) than Seat 23 (orchestra left?

Videos