pixeltracker

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread- Page 67

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#1650Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/18/18 at 9:50am

Orchestra S 23 is available on Ticketmaster for next Saturday, 5/26, $130 per part.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#1651Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/18/18 at 11:23am

chewbaca said: "But then why, when they first released the tickets, did they not release most of the seats, and then why are they releasing them now. Seems stupid when people like myself are willing to pay early for a reasonable seat and feel we have tied up our time and money only to later find out we should have waited and not been scammed. I have returned and purchased my tickets 3 times ( using the same credit card so I won’t get large bills. I am done searching, and even now better seats “appear”. I don’t know about anyone else on this board, but I feel a bit cheated. I hope this show lives up to the hype."

I think their strategy has been targeted at shaking off scalpers. If the inventory is a mystery, and seats are regularly becoming available, then it lessens their ability to buy all the seats are mark them all up on StubHub. If they were more traditional, like Hamilton, then you wouldn't be in this boat, but you wouldn't have been able to move closer three times, but also wouldn't have to keep looking...it would just be 100% sold out, and the secondary market would be people's only option if they didn't get verified and lucky.

Broadway Joe Profile Photo
Broadway Joe
#1652Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/18/18 at 12:42pm

Just got a refund on dress circle front row dead center for June 3rd. We had gotten 2 pairs awhile back we were deciding between those and orchestra row f seats 2/4 on the aisle for another date in June. From reading through this thread we decided we wanted to be a bit closer. Still hoping to win the Friday Forty so we can get a refund on those too lol

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#1653Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/18/18 at 1:52pm

I'll glad people are getting refunds even inside the 28-day window, but I don't think you can count on it as a strategy. I was told I couldn't return the last pair I bought.

Broadway Joe
#1654Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/18/18 at 3:00pm

macnyc said: "I'll glad people are getting refunds even inside the 28-day window, but I don't think you can count on it as a strategy. I was told I couldn't return the last pair I bought."

I had bought these in February so I was still covered for the 14 day window. 

LxGstv
#1655Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/18/18 at 5:35pm

2 tickets available for June 6th in the balcony, $40 per part.

Myshmoopsiepoo
#1656Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/18/18 at 5:41pm

THANK YOU SO MUCH! You're my new best friend lol I quickly bought them!!!

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#1657Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/18/18 at 6:05pm

Orchestra J 23 is available on Ticketmaster for next Saturday, 5/26, $130 per part.

kmissa
#1658Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/18/18 at 6:14pm

Myshmoopsiepoo said: "THANK YOU SO MUCH! You're my new best friend lol I quickly bought them!!!"

Amazing!

LJD123
#1659Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/18/18 at 6:22pm

Do you mean you bought the returned seats? Were they sold at the same price point? I am also VERY frustrated by this ticket release process - I bought tix for a family of four and feel totally taken advantage of!!! So frustrating....

Myshmoopsiepoo
#1660Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/18/18 at 6:37pm

I'm not sure what I bought, if they were returned by someone else or anything- they were $40 balcony- same price I paid for balcony when they initially released tickets in the fall.

Broadway Joe
#1661Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/18/18 at 6:50pm

LJD123 said: "Do you mean you bought the returned seats? Were they sold at the same price point? I am also VERY frustrated by this ticket release process - I bought tix for a family of four and feel totally taken advantage of!!! So frustrating...."

The tickets I returned were $299 each, I checked and haven't seen them at a lower price yet. 

LJD123
#1662Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/18/18 at 10:10pm

Thanks! I have 4 dress circle $299 seats and was wondering if I returned them if they would be sold for same price.

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#1663Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/21/18 at 10:47am

Orchestra J 18 is available on Ticketmaster for Sunday 5/27, $130 per part.

amaklo
#1664Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/21/18 at 1:35pm

CT2NYC said: "Orchestra J 18 is available on Ticketmaster for Sunday 5/27, $130 per part."

How can that seat be $130??  I paid $299 per part for seats in Row M!  My tickets aren't until October, so I've started looking to see if I can get better and/or cheaper seats and turn mine in.  So far the only seats they're showing available on my date are other premium seats in Row C. They're showing lots of availability in August and September, so I'm hoping as the time gets closer they'll open up more seats in October.  I'm also really irritated with this ticketing process. 

LxGstv
#1665Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/21/18 at 2:31pm

amaklo said: "CT2NYC said: "Orchestra J 18 is available on Ticketmaster for Sunday 5/27, $130 per part."

How can that seat be $130?? I paid $299 per part for seats in Row M! My tickets aren't until October, so I've started looking to see if I can get better and/or cheaper seats and turn mine in. So far the only seats they're showing available on my date are other premium seats in Row C. They're showing lots of availability in August and September, so I'm hoping as the time gets closer they'll open up more seats in October. I'm also really irritated with this ticketing process.

"

How many tickets do you have? The $130 price is for a single seat.

Notreallysilent 2
#1666Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/21/18 at 3:10pm

They seemed to have changed the pricing for HP in the summer. Weekday prices are $110, $145,$179,$274 instead of $130, $165, $199, and $295. Weekends are only $10 less (so preview pricing).

LesWickedly Profile Photo
LesWickedly
#1667Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/21/18 at 3:58pm

They released some $40 per part tickets for Row ZZ seats 27 and 29. Don't know the date range, but checked for my dates in the end of June and got one! Has anyone sat there? They did give a precaution saying that "Some action at the top of the Stage, will not be visible from these seats".

Notreallysilent 2
#1668Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/21/18 at 4:04pm

They released tickets for basically all priced points (besides $20) for all dates in July and August! Including $40 ones

edit: and September 

Updated On: 5/21/18 at 04:04 PM

Lilly7
#1669Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/21/18 at 5:25pm

FYI Ticketmaster no longer has an official return policy for Harry Potter tickets. I asked and they gave me a very vague answer that each purchase will be individually assessed for return. Of course, YMMV but they no longer have an across the board policy.

Notreallysilent 2
#1670Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/21/18 at 5:26pm

Also I asked someone on the chat feature of Ticketmaster, and it seems they no longer do refunds for HP unless it bought it in the window in which they allowed refunds. So if your buying tickets now, don’t bank on the fact that you can refund it even 28 days before the performance. I guess he producers didn’t realize how many last minute tickets they’d have. I hope this doesn’t mean HP sales aren’t doing too well!!

edit: I asked specifics and any purchases after may 4 are non refundable 

Updated On: 5/21/18 at 05:26 PM

hermionejuliet Profile Photo
hermionejuliet
#1671Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/21/18 at 6:13pm

I just returned a $40 per part ticket on June 20th. Hope someone here can snag it.

So, that was the Drowsy Chaperone. Oh, I love it so much. I know it's not a perfect show...but it does what a musical is supposed to do. It takes you to another world, and it gives you a little tune to carry with you in your head for when you're feeling blue. Ya know?

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#1672Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/21/18 at 7:45pm

Are they saying no refunds anywhere? Because if that's the new policy, they need to disclose that. 

moira8
#1673Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/21/18 at 7:50pm

I just released tickets for Aug 1, Row ZZ seat 26. $40/part.

Been searching forever to find cheap tickets, and of course I finally find one on a day I can't take off from work. I guess I should be thankful I realized that before I actually bought them. Hope someone from this board is able to snatch them.

Edited to add: Sorry, I posted this before reading the last few posts. Someone already mentioned these. Seems like they released a bunch of $40/part tickets for Aug-Sep. Mostly located in the end of last two rows. Finally got my tickets. Hopefully, we won't miss a lot from these seats.

Updated On: 5/21/18 at 07:50 PM

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#1674Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/21/18 at 7:58pm

Balcony center E 113 is available on Ticketmaster for Tuesday 6/3, $80 per part. 

Videos