pixeltracker

LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift & Amanda Seyfried Offered Roles- Page 7

LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift & Amanda Seyfried Offered Roles

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#150LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/4/12 at 9:48pm

'I clutch my pearls when he/she's who cannot even capitalize "I" fail to attack everyone in a single thread, followed by a dozen dots.................'

Blaxx, I love you, I really do.

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#151LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/4/12 at 9:51pm

Oh love, everyone was having a blast with your clutching of pearls before me. I was just late to the party.

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#152LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/4/12 at 9:53pm

best12bars, I don't know if Wood actually passed on Eponine, but she's notoriously picky when it comes to choosing projects (to an almost inexplicable degree.)

She turned down the role that eventually went to Ellen Page in INCEPTION on three separate occasions, and also opted out of playing the Lindasy Lohan role in MEAN GIRLS due to scheduling conflicts with another project, though I'm not entirely sure they had officially offered it to her when she walked away. At the time, Lohan would have played opposite her in the role Rachel McAdams ended up playing.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.
Updated On: 1/4/12 at 09:53 PM

jsg03jd Profile Photo
jsg03jd
#153LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/4/12 at 9:56pm

I would rather see Emmy Rossum cast as Cosette instead of Amanda Seyfried. Her Karaoke singing in "Mamma Mia!" did not inspire confidence at all.

Taylor Swift is just wrong on all fronts Kate Shindle and Kristin Chenoweth both be damned.

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#154LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/4/12 at 9:58pm

Blaxx by everyone do you mean Kad and best12bars?

And yes dear they were, but nobody makes me smile quite like you.

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#155LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/4/12 at 10:02pm

somethingwicked---wow, that's an impressive and varied resume she doesn't have. She sounds a little nutty.

Then again, Streisand turned down both Klute and Cabaret. She was offered both leads. (I can't picture her in either part, but the ladies who played them each won Oscars.)

Come to think of it, Norma Shearer did the same thing, turning down Scarlett O'Hara and Mrs. Miniver. (Both Oscar-winning roles, as well.)

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22

hyperbole_and_a_half Profile Photo
hyperbole_and_a_half
#156LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/4/12 at 10:39pm

This isn't going to be the last little head-scratching casting announcement we see involving Ms. Swift. This is a comprehensive list of all the guys she has "dated":

- Joe Jonas
- Jake Gyllenhaal
- Taylor Lautner
- Cory Monteith
- Toby Hemingway
- John Mayer

She and her beard have curried many favors with publicists and producers in Hollyweird and she's not gonna stop popping up in odd, random roles for quite a while, lack of discernible acting talent be damned.

elphaba.scares.me Profile Photo
elphaba.scares.me
#157LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/4/12 at 10:41pm

Wow, maybe they should just bag this movie and start a basketball team instead.

And that girl from Taylor's Swift's song could be the cheer captain and everything.

SporkGoddess
#158LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/4/12 at 11:02pm

Well, Taylor Swift played the cheerleader in the video. Heh.

I actually just watched Mamma Mia (no, I'd never seen it because I hate ABBA). Amanda has a pretty voice, but it's thin. I'm also worried about a repeat of Emmy Rossum.

Jimmy, what are you doing here in the middle of the night? It's almost 9 PM!

SporkGoddess
#158LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/4/12 at 11:02pm

Edit: Sorry, apparently I keep double posting.

Updated On: 1/4/12 at 11:02 PM

JP2 Profile Photo
JP2
#160LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/5/12 at 12:00am

Speaking of Emmy, she was just on Conan tonight promoting Shameless. Her and Hathaway look so much alike. Can't help thinking it's a wasted opportunity.

Emmy Rossum Sings For A Hotdog

masterwolfie
#161LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/5/12 at 1:21am

So some people have brought up the concern that Taylor Swift's country pop sound might not translate into musical theatre - does anyone think that the opposite happened to Amanda Seyfried in Mamma Mia? I mean maybe her voice was affected by the fact that she never learned how to sing high notes with a straight tone, which is what the pop sound in Mamma Mia required?

Emmy does look a lot like Anne Hathaway! Since Amanda Seyfried is Cosette though, they could have Elle Fanning be young Cosette, since Elle Fanning is a spitting image of her sister, who is a spitting image of Amanda Seyfried.

allofmylife Profile Photo
allofmylife
#162LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/5/12 at 3:06am

best12bars, George Raft also turned down most of the great roles offered to him, including Rick in Casablanca. And let's not even begin to discuss Kevin De-kline.

http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=972787#3631451 http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=963561#3533883 http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=955158#3440952 http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=954269#3427915 http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=955012#3441622 http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=954344#3428699

EricMontreal22 Profile Photo
EricMontreal22
#163LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/5/12 at 3:54am

Swift as Eponine makes no sense to me at all, but regardless I'm confused by the list of guys she's been romantically named with in the press and how this has to do with her movie career?

My Oh My Profile Photo
My Oh My
#164LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/5/12 at 4:23am

I don't care. Uncle Mack has already ruined the show for this fan.

Things could only look up from here whether Ms. Swift or a squirrel or Carol Channing as Eponine. Either would improve the cheesefest currently touring the country.

Recreation of original John Cameron orchestration to "On My Own" by yours truly. Click player below to hear.

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#165LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/5/12 at 6:30am

I'm not sure Swift has the vocal range for Eponine, but her singing style is fine. It's closer to that of originator Frances Rufelle than anybody I've heard in a long time.

But Cosette is a "legit" role, and they've cast a thin "pop" voice to sing it. Her songs aren't written that way, so I'll be curious if it works. With Emmy Rossum it did not, because the character is an opera singer. Not only is it in the music, it's in the plot. That was an epic fail in casting.

Fan2
#166LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/5/12 at 6:32am

Reports say that Seyfried is "opera-trained" whatever that means. And this is a film, and there are a lot of things that go on behind the scenes and the studio has a lot of input. I wonder if Universal wanted Seyfried since she did "Mamma Mia!" because they couldn't find an unknown for Cosette, which they reportedly were looking for.

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#167LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/5/12 at 6:35am

I think Seyfried will act the part well. She's right for it ... except vocally. Unless she's hiding a voice she's never used publicly, I just don't see it (or hear it, rather).

Her operatic training is moot unless she can apply it. Her singing voice in everything I've heard so far is very thin, and she has a jack-hammer vibrato. It's anything but "legit" sounding.

SeanMartin Profile Photo
SeanMartin
#168LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/5/12 at 9:44am

There will no doubt be a *lot* of post work done on the singing, for everyone involved. This is starting to sound like an auto-tuner's idea of an orgy.

http://docandraider.com

somethingwicked
#169LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/5/12 at 10:01am

Eponine's big number is a self-pitying ballad about being rejected by a boy, so, on some level, this would line up pretty consistently with Swift's usual material.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Updated On: 1/5/12 at 10:01 AM

SporkGoddess
#170LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/5/12 at 11:44am

People said that Emmy Rossum was "opera trained," too. Then we found out that meant she sang in the children's chorus at the Met.

I looked it up and Amanda Seyfried supposedly trained when she was a teenager, which is not the optimal time.

I also am far more concerned about Amanda as Cosette than Taylor as Eponine, probably because bad sopranos are far more painful to my ears than bad belters.

darquegk Profile Photo
darquegk
#171LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/5/12 at 12:19pm

I doubt they're going to go TOO operatic with Cosette- she can go full opera soprano onstage, much as Johanna can in Sweeney, but on film I'd wager they'll go for a less "operatic" sound without it being too "pop."

Operatic vocals are a love-it-hate-it proposition with most Americans, so I'm doubting they'd use them in this film, especially against more traditional pop and theatre voices in roles often performed with operatic style.

justafan2
#172LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/5/12 at 12:26pm

I was disappointed with Lea's statements in our local newspaper re: her high school teacher's lack of encouragement. I don't think she should have put those statements in print. Not very kind (IMO).
http://www.bergen.com/Silver_Screen_Tenaflys_Lea_Michele_makes_big_screen_debut.html

beautywickedlover
#173LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/5/12 at 3:28pm

Entertainment Weekly says that Swift HAS JOINED the film.

http://music-mix.ew.com/2012/01/05/taylor-swift-les-miserables-mis-movie/

Have they made the official decision yet, somethingwicked?

somethingwicked
#174LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/5/12 at 3:31pm

That Entertainment Weekly piece isn't independently verifying that Swift has been cast. Like all the others, it's commenting on the speculation that's been reported based on the initial blog post.

As I said earlier, my source maintains that Swift is the frontrunner, but that an official offer has yet to be made in advance of further auditions within the next few days.

Updated On: 1/5/12 at 03:31 PM

Videos