pixeltracker

Julie Benko as Fanny - Funny Girl- Page 7

Julie Benko as Fanny - Funny Girl

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#150Julie Benko as Fanny - Funny Girl
Posted: 5/14/22 at 3:18pm

Anything to show how the score should be sung. Is Funny Girl performing though? Like, is Beanie singing live at the Tony Awards? Because if their goal is to sell tickets............

Penna2
#151Julie Benko as Fanny - Funny Girl
Posted: 5/14/22 at 7:14pm

Sutton Ross said: "Anything to show how the score should be sung. Is Funny Girl performing though? Like, is Beanie singing live at the Tony Awards? Because if their goal is to sell tickets............"

Her fans love her - they don't care if she can't sing the score. I've seen enough comments to that end on YouTube, IG and FB. Not sure the live Tony audience will be appreciative. I think the producers believe they still have Beanie Babies (someone here coined the name, I take no credit, but it fits), they can convince into flying to NYC and spending a few thousand dollars to see their idol. IMO, she sounds pretty good with Ramin in Who Are You Now? - I'm listening mostly to him, but it's a nice duet - he drowns her out a number of times in the big moments, but that's a good thing IMO.

Sutton Ross
#152Julie Benko as Fanny - Funny Girl
Posted: 5/14/22 at 7:19pm

The children commenting on social media can't afford tickets to this. Don't count on social media for how people feel about this show. Read the actual reviews from critics and her fan base is not huge. People are attending for the SHOW not her. 

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#153Julie Benko as Fanny - Funny Girl
Posted: 5/14/22 at 7:40pm

Sutton Ross said: "The children commenting on social media can't afford tickets to this. Don't count on social media for how people feel about this show. Read the actual reviews from critics and her fan base is not huge. People are attending for the SHOW not her."

Also, most of these Beanie Babies haven’t seen the show nor think they will be able to (their words), so their defensiveness is merely based on their idolization of her. She’s on Broadway starring in a dream role.  How dare we “rain on her parade”!!! 

Sutton Ross
#154Julie Benko as Fanny - Funny Girl
Posted: 5/14/22 at 7:47pm

Exactly, babe. This EVERYONE GETS A MEDAL AND DESERVES A BROADWAY SHOW CUZ THEY ARE SUPER SWEET culture is annoying as hell. 

Penna2
#155Julie Benko as Fanny - Funny Girl
Posted: 5/14/22 at 7:56pm

Sutton Ross said: "The children commenting on social media can't afford tickets to this. Don't count on social media for how people feel about this show. Read the actual reviews from critics and her fan base is not huge. People are attending for the SHOW not her."

I've read pretty much all the reviews and the opinions here - along with SM stuff. I understand that a lot of the (mostly) girls are not in a position to buy tickets, but their families are and many a dad and mom might be persuaded to vacation in NYC. I don't know if it is still the case, but a number of people complained early on about the lack of theater etiquette exhibited by many of the younger girls in attendance, so some of them came up with the money to see her. Frankly, I have no idea who she was before this show - but she seems to have struck a chord with a lot of young women who see themselves in her. 

I do agree that the show is the primary draw - I was very excited about it and the casting of Ramin. Didn't understand her casting until I investigated on my own. Now it makes sense. As I've posted on the other thread, I think she should figure out a way to gracefully withdraw - a minor injury like Megan Mullally in UK from Anything Goes might work...laryngitis... Unfortunately, doubt she has the sensibility to do that. Would love to see Julie Benko take over.

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#156Julie Benko as Fanny - Funny Girl
Posted: 5/21/22 at 9:52pm

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

BCfitasafiddle
#157Julie Benko as Fanny - Funny Girl
Posted: 5/21/22 at 10:56pm

Anyone think this will be on TKTS tomorrow?

BobNC Profile Photo
BobNC
#158Julie Benko as Fanny - Funny Girl
Posted: 5/21/22 at 11:39pm

Is Beanie out sick this weekend?  Hope not.

BrodyFosse123
#159Julie Benko as Fanny - Funny Girl
Posted: 5/22/22 at 8:12am

Yes, she is/was out this entire weekend.  Sick?  Well.  

soxboy22
#160Julie Benko as Fanny - Funny Girl
Posted: 5/22/22 at 8:43am

I hope Julie gets reviews.  I mean how many performances has she done so far early in this run?

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#161Julie Benko as Fanny - Funny Girl
Posted: 5/22/22 at 9:17am

Unlikely to happen - but anything is possible.  

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

BrodyFosse123
#162Julie Benko as Fanny - Funny Girl
Posted: 5/22/22 at 9:33am

I think it’s safe to assume this cast is having a great time this weekend.

Almira Profile Photo
Almira
#163Julie Benko as Fanny - Funny Girl
Posted: 5/22/22 at 9:49am

BrodyFosse123 said: "Here is the fabulous Linda Gerard singing “I’m the Greatest Star.” She replaced Lainie Kazan in early 1965, who was Streisand’s original standby in FUNNY GIRL. She also was Mimi Hine’s standby for a large part of her run.

https://streamable.com/1066r7
"

Thank you, BrodyFosse123.  Gerard is TERRIFIC.  She actually feels she could be Kay Medford's daughter.

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. - Eleanor Roosevelt

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#164Julie Benko as Fanny - Funny Girl
Posted: 5/22/22 at 1:02pm

Check this out -  Julie is Fanny Julie Benko as Fanny - Funny Girlheart

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George
Updated On: 5/22/22 at 01:02 PM

gibsons2
#165Julie Benko as Fanny - Funny Girl
Posted: 5/22/22 at 2:06pm

Uncanny! If only there were set days when Julie is on, I would've bought a ticket to see the show again!

MCW1227 Profile Photo
MCW1227
#166Julie Benko as Fanny - Funny Girl
Posted: 5/22/22 at 2:15pm

Any sightings of Barbara this weekend in the audience? Seems like she was at Plaza Suite yesterday so wondering if she was also going to Funny Girl. 

Be Kind

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#167Julie Benko as Fanny - Funny Girl
Posted: 5/23/22 at 7:41pm

gibsons2 said: "Uncanny! If only there were set days when Julie is on, I would've bought a ticket to see the show again!"

https://www.tiktok.com/@jujujuliebee/video/7100911096919526702?_t=8SYFyvJWX8g&_r=1 

Updated On: 5/23/22 at 07:41 PM

pmensky
#168Julie Benko as Fanny - Funny Girl
Posted: 5/23/22 at 8:37pm

MCW1227 said: "Any sightings of Barbara this weekend in the audience? Seems like she was at Plaza Suite yesterday so wondering if she was also going to Funny Girl."

Yes, Babs was at a Plaza Suite. That might explain Beanie’s absence. 

BrodyFosse123
#169Julie Benko as Fanny - Funny Girl
Posted: 5/23/22 at 8:43pm

Yes, Babs was at a Plaza Suite. That might explain Beanie’s absence.

How does that explain it?  You’d safely assume Beanie WOULD want to be performing so Barbra could see her during her visit.  Why would she take the weekend off?  Scared Barbra would see her in the show?  

pmensky
#170Julie Benko as Fanny - Funny Girl
Posted: 5/23/22 at 8:46pm

BrodyFosse123 said: "Yes, Babs was at a Plaza Suite. That might explain Beanie’s absence.

How does that explain it? You’d safely assume Beanie WOULD want to be performing so Barbra could see her during her visit. Why would she take the weekend off? Scared Barbra would see her in the show?
"

Maybe she was afraid to perform for Barbra. 

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#171Julie Benko as Fanny - Funny Girl
Posted: 5/23/22 at 9:27pm

pmensky said: "BrodyFosse123 said: "Yes, Babs was at a Plaza Suite. That might explain Beanie’s absence.

How does that explain it? You’d safely assume Beanie WOULD want to be performing so Barbra could see her during her visit. Why would she take the weekend off? Scared Barbra would see her in the show?
"

"

Barbra would have been lucky to see Julie over Beanie this weekend but she didn't see the show is what I heard.

pmensky
#172Julie Benko as Fanny - Funny Girl
Posted: 5/23/22 at 9:42pm

Robbie2 said: "pmensky said: "BrodyFosse123 said: "Yes, Babs was at a Plaza Suite. That might explain Beanie’s absence.

"

"

Barbra would have been lucky to see Julie over Beanie this weekend but she didn't see the show is what I heard.
"

Also, maybe the production was aware that Barbra was going to be in town but wasn’t planning on seeing the show. With Beanie being “sick,” it’s easier for them to say that Barbra didn’t go, because Beanie was out rather than have it look like she skipped the show for speculative reasons. Beanie’s standby being on is a good excuse for both the production and Barbra to explain why she didn’t see it.

FindingNamo
#173Julie Benko as Fanny - Funny Girl
Posted: 5/24/22 at 1:46am

Of course everything was coordinated. You don't get anymore showbiz Illuminati upper level than this.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

BrodyFosse123
#174Julie Benko as Fanny - Funny Girl
Posted: 5/24/22 at 12:43pm

Videos