pixeltracker

Kit Connor, Rachel Zegler to star in Sam Gold-directed ROMEO + JULIET on Broadway, Fall 2024- Page 7

Kit Connor, Rachel Zegler to star in Sam Gold-directed ROMEO + JULIET on Broadway, Fall 2024

bear88
#150Kit Connor and Rachel Zegler to star in ROMEO & JULIET on Broadway?
Posted: 5/22/24 at 1:33pm

I got drafted to assist my daughter, busy in a work meeting, to get a ticket. Row F on Saturday night, Nov. 9 on the long side. $175. (Row E and closer costs $250. Nope.)

My daughter is pretty much the target market for this show. 

OuttaTowner
#151Kit Connor and Rachel Zegler to star in ROMEO & JULIET on Broadway?
Posted: 5/22/24 at 2:11pm

I was in the queue from 10:30 until 2:00. At 2:00, I was told that my wait time was <a minute. At 2:01, I was kicked out of the queue to the “back of the line” with a new wait time of at least an hour. No thanks. I’ll wait until the presale lunacy subsides. 

JSquared2
#152Kit Connor and Rachel Zegler to star in ROMEO & JULIET on Broadway?
Posted: 5/22/24 at 2:24pm

I've never gotten past "more than an hour" on multiple devices.  I'm out.

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#153Kit Connor and Rachel Zegler to star in ROMEO & JULIET on Broadway?
Posted: 5/22/24 at 2:26pm

I'm sure this is not going to get close to sold-out on day 1...

ren598
#154Kit Connor and Rachel Zegler to star in ROMEO & JULIET on Broadway?
Posted: 5/22/24 at 2:36pm

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "I'm sure this is not going to get close to sold-out on day 1..."

Tickets in the $125 range will definitely be gone.  I checked a couple of dates and there were only a few left.

incomesabby
#155Kit Connor and Rachel Zegler to star in ROMEO & JULIET on Broadway?
Posted: 5/22/24 at 2:41pm

Just realized I'm able to get back in and browse around due to how the queueid works. The first few previews have <5 seats available each, but the first Monday show looks to still have ~40% of seats still available. A few random Saturdays I clicked on are sold well, maybe <100 seats left available. A random Tuesday has ~50%. Later in the run weekdays have even more than that available.

Of course, we don't know how many they held for a non-early access sale.

bear88
#156Kit Connor and Rachel Zegler to star in ROMEO & JULIET on Broadway?
Posted: 5/22/24 at 2:41pm

No, it certainly won’t sell out. Even Merrily doesn’t sell out in advance. For people who live near New York City and have flexible schedules, they will be fine.

But my daughter, traveling from the West Coast, wanted a Saturday night in early November if possible and didn’t want to deal with price increases for decent seats. She was willing to splurge but has never spent more than $200 on a show and didn’t want to start now.

hearthemsing22
#157Kit Connor and Rachel Zegler to star in ROMEO & JULIET on Broadway?
Posted: 5/22/24 at 2:58pm

Been in the queue since this morning and it still says I have 53 minutes left. What a nightmare 

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#158Kit Connor and Rachel Zegler to star in ROMEO & JULIET on Broadway?
Posted: 5/22/24 at 3:13pm

Finally was able to get in and purchase two tickets for late October. Can’t wait! 

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#159Kit Connor and Rachel Zegler to star in ROMEO & JULIET on Broadway?
Posted: 5/22/24 at 4:12pm

Although there were a significant number of seats held back from every performance, they've sold a ton of tickets today, and nothing less than $125, which is pretty impressive.

Play  Esq. Profile Photo
Play Esq.
#160Kit Connor and Rachel Zegler to star in ROMEO & JULIET on Broadway?
Posted: 5/22/24 at 4:26pm

TaffyDavenport said: "Although there were a significant numberof seats held back from every performance, they've sold a ton of tickets today, and nothing less than $125, which is pretty impressive."

Definite props to the producers, but does anyone think this is really going to be a sell-out production before opening?  Great tickets for enemy of the people were available after steller reviewes and I'd argue there is a more built-in audience for that show. 

I guess I'm curious about the need to secure tickets on the on-sale date.  I only cared about that for McNeal because I can see that selling out before the first performance (but who knows) and because I happened to be a member.  

Just curious is all...

TaffyDavenport
#161Kit Connor and Rachel Zegler to star in ROMEO & JULIET on Broadway?
Posted: 5/22/24 at 5:19pm

They've raised the lowest price to $199. 

ren598
#162Kit Connor and Rachel Zegler to star in ROMEO & JULIET on Broadway?
Posted: 5/22/24 at 5:31pm

TaffyDavenport said: "They've raised the lowest price to $199."

Another reason to get in there early before dynamic pricing starting raising prices due to high demand.

Play Esq. Profile Photo
Play Esq.
#163Kit Connor and Rachel Zegler to star in ROMEO & JULIET on Broadway?
Posted: 5/22/24 at 5:46pm

But demand will almost certainly drop and, as already pointed out, tons of seats have not been released yet. 

I don’t mean to be a pedant, I just don’t understand the reasoning behind buying tickets when the first go on sale.  Another consideration is, if you live in NY or nearby, just wait until the box office opens and save a ton on fees. I also find that the box office always has seats not available on-line. 

Just my 2 cents. 

incomesabby
#164Kit Connor and Rachel Zegler to star in ROMEO & JULIET on Broadway?
Posted: 5/22/24 at 5:52pm

Only speaking for myself, but the reason I wanted to buy right away today was to ensure I'm at the first preview. (I am also pretty much the target audience for this show and the Rachel/Kit fandom overlap.)

If I end up wanting additional viewings, I live in NYC and, much like others have said, will hold out for cheaper methods, discounts, etc. and/or purchase at box office.

TaffyDavenport
#165Kit Connor and Rachel Zegler to star in ROMEO & JULIET on Broadway?
Posted: 5/22/24 at 5:56pm

This presale feels very different, and now I regret passing up a $125 seat right at the beginning. I wouldn't say a "ton" of seats were held back, probably around 30%, and it's wild that 8 hours later, there's still a queue, which is something that never happens.

gibsons2
#166Kit Connor and Rachel Zegler to star in ROMEO & JULIET on Broadway?
Posted: 5/22/24 at 6:00pm

Play Esq. said: "But demand will almost certainly drop and, as already pointed out, tons of seats have not been released yet.

I don’t mean to be a pedant, I just don’t understand the reasoning behind buying tickets when the first go on sale. Another consideration is, if you live in NY or nearby, just wait until the box office opens and save a ton on fees. I also find that the box office always has seats not available on-line.

Just my 2 cents.
"

In my experience, I was able to by the cheapest best tickets for most anticipated shows during presales. Namely,  An Enemy of the People and Merrily. Those affordable seats were sold out very fast and had I not purchased within the first presale hour, I'd never be able to see either show. For majority of the shows, of course,  it's wise to wait until a code becomes available.  

If cheaper seats for R&J  are released tomorrow or later (which I doubt), I'll grab a ticket, but otherwise,  I'll sit this one out. 

Updated On: 5/22/24 at 06:00 PM

inception Profile Photo
inception
#167Kit Connor and Rachel Zegler to star in ROMEO & JULIET on Broadway?
Posted: 5/22/24 at 6:41pm

TaffyDavenport said: "This presale feels very different, and now I regret passing up a $125 seat right at the beginning. I wouldn't say a "ton" of seats were held back, probably around 30%, and it's wild that 8 hours later, there's still a queue, which is something that never happens."

Unless it's the Telecharge site that's just screwy.  Same for the linctix for McNeal.

The member tickets for that were a bit better.

Lunalaaaaaaaa
#168Kit Connor and Rachel Zegler to star in ROMEO & JULIET on Broadway?
Posted: 5/22/24 at 6:57pm

Do we think the tickets will drop back down to $125? I was stuck in the queue for 2+ hours, finally clicked on a date I wanted, then became so busy at work I couldn't buy mine. AND landed back in the queue.

Now I'm worried that the tickets will stay 200+ and up. 

Dan6
#169Kit Connor and Rachel Zegler to star in ROMEO & JULIET on Broadway?
Posted: 5/22/24 at 7:26pm

Glad I persisted with the 2+ hour wait this morning...the Row E tix that I eventually got for $175 are now going for $249.  Sure, they might come down again, but I'm only going to be in NY for a week in November and didn't want to take the chance.  And while I have no idea how many seats are being held back, right now there are less than 80 still available for Saturday night November 16. 

Lunalaaaaaaaa
#170Kit Connor and Rachel Zegler to star in ROMEO & JULIET on Broadway?
Posted: 5/22/24 at 8:50pm

Presale tickets are landing on the theatr app already.

CJRochester
#171Kit Connor and Rachel Zegler to star in ROMEO & JULIET on Broadway?
Posted: 5/22/24 at 10:06pm

Theatrefan2 said: "They couldn't have made that trailer more like a straightHeartstopper if they tried 🤣"

I thought the same thing! laugh

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#172Kit Connor and Rachel Zegler to star in ROMEO & JULIET on Broadway?
Posted: 5/22/24 at 10:16pm

Kit Connor is adorable and that’s all I’ll say.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

bear88
#173Kit Connor and Rachel Zegler to star in ROMEO & JULIET on Broadway?
Posted: 5/23/24 at 3:59am

Dan6 said: "Glad I persisted with the 2+ hour wait this morning...the Row E tix that I eventually got for $175 are now going for $249. Sure, they might come down again, but I'm only going to be in NY for a week in November and didn't want to take the chance. And while I have no idea how many seats are being held back, right now there are less than 80 still available for Saturday night November 16."

This is one time I am not surprised, but that’s only because my daughter is the target market for this show and is a big fan of both stars (and Jack Antonoff too). Hopefully, it will be good, but she knows there are no guarantees. I have learned, from watching the Merrily free-for-all (when the early birds got the cheapest seats), that grabbing tickets for starry productions in limited runs during presale is usually a good idea if possible. (Yes, I know Merrily extended, but we didn’t know that at the time.) 

So I got involved because she had a work meeting and I’m glad I was able to get her a good seat for a price she was willing to pay and that is now $74 higher. Even if it drops later, she’s set.

hearthemsing22
#174Kit Connor and Rachel Zegler to star in ROMEO & JULIET on Broadway?
Posted: 5/23/24 at 2:28pm

Should have jumped on tickets when I could. $199 min. price is way too expensive for me. Happy for everyone who wants to see the show and got tickets! Truly, I know there's a lot of excitement, so very happy for those who got tickets 

Updated On: 5/23/24 at 02:28 PM

Latest Posts

Videos