pixeltracker

THE WIZ: 2015 NBC LIVE MUSICAL- Page 72

THE WIZ: 2015 NBC LIVE MUSICAL

Reginald Tresilian Profile Photo
Reginald Tresilian
#1775THE WIZ: 2015 NBC LIVE MUSICAL
Posted: 12/10/15 at 4:18pm

What can you expect from someone who has a picture of Eva Braun as their avatar?

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#1776THE WIZ: 2015 NBC LIVE MUSICAL
Posted: 12/10/15 at 4:43pm

Reginald Tresilian said: "What can you expect from someone who has a picture of Eva Braun as their avatar?"

I think that's actually King George from Hamilton?

Hamilton22 Profile Photo
Hamilton22
#1777THE WIZ: 2015 NBC LIVE MUSICAL
Posted: 12/10/15 at 4:54pm

Oh Haterobics. Right over your head.

Liza's Headband
#1778THE WIZ: 2015 NBC LIVE MUSICAL
Posted: 12/10/15 at 5:40pm

The headband also has a sock account named JM226 so the hypocrisy is hysterical. 

Proof? 

Hamilton22 Profile Photo
Hamilton22
#1779THE WIZ: 2015 NBC LIVE MUSICAL
Posted: 12/10/15 at 5:44pm

Proof that I am all of these posters you have accused me of? I'll be waiting, dear. 

Scarywarhol Profile Photo
Scarywarhol
#1780THE WIZ: 2015 NBC LIVE MUSICAL
Posted: 12/11/15 at 1:34am

The album is NOT just the live performances! 

Scarywarhol
#1781THE WIZ: 2015 NBC LIVE MUSICAL
Posted: 12/11/15 at 1:34am

Double post. (Listening on Spotify still!)

Updated On: 12/11/15 at 01:34 AM

Scarywarhol
#1782THE WIZ: 2015 NBC LIVE MUSICAL
Posted: 12/11/15 at 1:46am

He's the Wizard is the most painful update of the show, but it still sounds pretty good if you don't think of the funky original too hard. 

c0113g3b0y
#1783THE WIZ: 2015 NBC LIVE MUSICAL
Posted: 12/11/15 at 2:41am

I don't know whether to laugh or cry at that screenshot that Phyllis Roger Stone posted. it's like Velma Von Tussle from Hairspray came to life and started posting on these boards. LOL

figured that racistcaljen was a racist bitch all along. her last post in this thread should have ended with "Aaron Tveit is a whiter star."

The thing is, besides being an utter toad of a human being, Riedel usually has the least knowledge of the topic in the room. He doesn't usually understand the content or approach of a show, and is always completely and unfailingly socially ignorant, which makes it really infuriating when Susan can't get a word in edgewise. A definitive mansplainer; it's always painful when he has female guests. I watch the show sporadically when I really want to see a guest, because it's the only theatre talkshow we have, but it would be so much better without this hateful clown in a dadcoat. (thanks ScaryWarhol)
Updated On: 12/11/15 at 02:41 AM

darreyl102 Profile Photo
darreyl102
#1784THE WIZ: 2015 NBC LIVE MUSICAL
Posted: 12/11/15 at 2:50am

The Tracks are certainly different then the ones from the Live Performance

Darreyl with an L!

smallvillefan16
#1785THE WIZ: 2015 NBC LIVE MUSICAL
Posted: 12/11/15 at 2:53am

They fixed all the pitch problems that were in the live version. I like having a more professional [aka studio] version of these songs.

CindersGolightly Profile Photo
CindersGolightly
#1786THE WIZ: 2015 NBC LIVE MUSICAL
Posted: 12/11/15 at 2:54am

Yeah, the only NBC Live! album to have the actual live tracks was "Peter Pan", and it sounds terrible. I wish they studio recorded it. But "The Wiz" sounds fantastic! The prologue is weird, but this is definitely something I can see myself listening to on repeat for the next couple of months.

They/them. "Get up the nerve to be all you deserve to be."

darreyl102 Profile Photo
darreyl102
#1787THE WIZ: 2015 NBC LIVE MUSICAL
Posted: 12/11/15 at 2:57am

I think I like the Live Versions of 'He's The Wizard' and "No Bad News" better. Amber's held that growl note longer and it had a little more flavor to it  and MJB ended NBN better in the Live Version in my opinion. But I am LOVING the album!

Darreyl with an L!

CindersGolightly
#1788THE WIZ: 2015 NBC LIVE MUSICAL
Posted: 12/11/15 at 3:00am

What I don't understand is why they took so long to release it? Because they recorded the vocals like two weeks before the production happened. You'd think it would have been mastered and done. If they had released it the day of, I have no doubt it would have gone number one on the iTunes charts. But now I don't see it breaking the top ten.

Mr. Nowack Profile Photo
Mr. Nowack
#1789THE WIZ: 2015 NBC LIVE MUSICAL
Posted: 12/11/15 at 3:22am

Since they did in fact pre-record it I too am unhappy it was so late.

Keeping BroadwayWorld Illustrated

jwsel
#1790THE WIZ: 2015 NBC LIVE MUSICAL
Posted: 12/11/15 at 3:55am

CindersGolightly said: "What I don't understand is why they took so long to release it? Because they recorded the vocals like two weeks before the production happened. You'd think it would have been mastered and done. If they had released it the day of, I have no doubt it would have gone number one on the iTunes charts. But now I don't see it breaking the top ten.

"

Didn't Mary J. Blige join rehearsals really late, which is why we didn't get pictures of her in costume until well after we saw the other characters?  I doubt she would have recorded No Bad News before she began rehearsals, so that might have contributed to the delay.

CindersGolightly
#1791THE WIZ: 2015 NBC LIVE MUSICAL
Posted: 12/11/15 at 4:03am

That could be it, but in the promos they used the studio recorded songs, so by the time the promos started airing, they should have been done with the recording.

Mr. Nowack Profile Photo
Mr. Nowack
#1792THE WIZ: 2015 NBC LIVE MUSICAL
Posted: 12/11/15 at 4:17am

I am mixed on the soundtrack, as I was for the broadcast.

Queen Latifah's "So You Wanted To See The Wizard" was astoundingly better on record IMO. Other songs had too much auto-tune ("Ease On Down The Road" oy!). And some songs I loved in the broadcast fell flat without their visual counterparts.

Overall I am still just very sad that the arrangements are on the whole completely uninteresting and bland. I will stick to the OBC.

Keeping BroadwayWorld Illustrated

broadwayboy223
#1793THE WIZ: 2015 NBC LIVE MUSICAL
Posted: 12/11/15 at 8:58am

A lot of it sounds too processed. Stephanie Mills doesn't need any auto tune. 

Scarywarhol
#1794THE WIZ: 2015 NBC LIVE MUSICAL
Posted: 12/11/15 at 9:06am

I prefer Uzo's rawer live performance.

Scarywarhol
#1795THE WIZ: 2015 NBC LIVE MUSICAL
Posted: 12/11/15 at 9:36am

Listening to this again on good headphones makes the autotune really evident and grating. Completely unnecessary. I imagine I'll go back to the OBC next and every other time I want to hear this score...

Updated On: 12/11/15 at 09:36 AM

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#1796THE WIZ: 2015 NBC LIVE MUSICAL
Posted: 12/11/15 at 9:55am

The Prologue sounds like a cheesy teaser-intro to a Witt-Thomas sitcom in the '80s.

While I love the performances, I'm not crazy at all about the orchestrations. Generic, bland, sterile. Very "theme-park show" or even "game show theme."

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22

c0113g3b0y
#1797THE WIZ: 2015 NBC LIVE MUSICAL
Posted: 12/11/15 at 10:25am

I'm with best12bars and a few other posters here regarding the orchestrations. They have lost their unique urban/ RnB/ soul vibe.

The thing is, besides being an utter toad of a human being, Riedel usually has the least knowledge of the topic in the room. He doesn't usually understand the content or approach of a show, and is always completely and unfailingly socially ignorant, which makes it really infuriating when Susan can't get a word in edgewise. A definitive mansplainer; it's always painful when he has female guests. I watch the show sporadically when I really want to see a guest, because it's the only theatre talkshow we have, but it would be so much better without this hateful clown in a dadcoat. (thanks ScaryWarhol)

Liza's Headband
#1798THE WIZ: 2015 NBC LIVE MUSICAL
Posted: 12/11/15 at 10:57am

That's because Oremus did the orchestrations. No surprise there, sadly. 

Danster
#1799THE WIZ: 2015 NBC LIVE MUSICAL
Posted: 12/11/15 at 10:57am

Unfortunately I came to hate this show with a vengeance. All it did was cause everyone to get his feelings out about race. A musical that simply does not have place for people from a different race, and nowadays almost every show can be interracial including Les Miserables and The Sound of Music. Pity it went this way.

Videos