pixeltracker

NEWSIES Will Be Filmed Live With Jeremy Jordan & Kara Lindsay- Page 8

NEWSIES Will Be Filmed Live With Jeremy Jordan & Kara Lindsay

Dave13 Profile Photo
Dave13
#175NEWSIES Will Be Filmed Live With Jeremy Jordan & Kara Lindsay
Posted: 2/19/17 at 9:54am

Theatre Fan3 said: "Dave13 said:  "That's how it sounded to me.  It sounded like typical previews, but never adjusted for the movie.  I kept thinking someone would fix it but never happened. It was just flat and you had to make an effort to listen."

That's terrible ... you should have complained when you left and they should have given you passes to come back either on Wednesday or to another event.  Don't know what you paid but it was $20 here and that's too much money to pay and then have to strain to hear it.  You might check the Fathom Events website and see if there is a "Contact Us" link anywhere ... I'd let them know about your experience as I would think they would appreciate knowing which theatres are putting on a "less that optimum" screening of their programs.

"

Thanks.  I may have to.  

Not to be confused with Dave19.

Leaf Coneybear Profile Photo
Leaf Coneybear
Leaf Coneybear
#177NEWSIES Will Be Filmed Live With Jeremy Jordan & Kara Lindsay
Posted: 2/23/17 at 6:12pm

double post

Updated On: 2/23/17 at 06:12 PM

curel1
freewilma
#179NEWSIES Will Be Filmed Live With Jeremy Jordan & Kara Lindsay
Posted: 2/23/17 at 9:01pm

So glad they're doing this as a Saturday matinee.  it was tough to take kids to a 7:00 weeknight showing.  

LesWickedly Profile Photo
LesWickedly
#180NEWSIES Will Be Filmed Live With Jeremy Jordan & Kara Lindsay
Posted: 2/23/17 at 9:06pm

They did a Saturday matinee this time, too. That's when I went.

freewilma
#181NEWSIES Will Be Filmed Live With Jeremy Jordan & Kara Lindsay
Posted: 2/23/17 at 9:08pm

As did I.....but my son had a conflict and was NOT happy I went without him!  Glad to be able to make it up to him on the 4th.  

cglaid Profile Photo
cglaid
#182NEWSIES Will Be Filmed Live With Jeremy Jordan & Kara Lindsay
Posted: 2/24/17 at 5:49am

I saw this at the AMC in Times Square on Wednesday. The crowd was insanely giddy and happy to be there. There was so much applause. It made for one of the most enjoyable movie experiences I've ever had. And there were many Newsies in the audience, cheering for each other, which added to that.

bdn223 Profile Photo
bdn223
#183NEWSIES Will Be Filmed Live With Jeremy Jordan & Kara Lindsay
Posted: 2/24/17 at 5:33pm

It looks like in 3 screenings the filmed live performance ($3.47 million) has earned more money then the orginal movie ($2.8 million) did during its entire theatrical run. 

Yes ticket prices have greatly inflated between a standard ticket in 1992 and a premium Fathoms Event ticket in 2017, but it is still impressive.

Leaf Coneybear
#184NEWSIES Will Be Filmed Live With Jeremy Jordan & Kara Lindsay
Posted: 2/24/17 at 6:25pm

bdn223 said: "It looks like in 3 screenings the filmed live performance ($3.47 million) has earned more money then the orginal movie ($2.8 million) did during its entire theatrical run. 

Yes ticket prices have greatly inflated between a standard ticket in 1992 and a premium Fathoms Event ticket in 2017, but it is still impressive.
"

Well we also have to take into account that the 1992 film was a total flop... one of the largest in Disney history if I remember correctly! Still a great accomplishment though, since it did play for a while.

Theatre Fan3
#185NEWSIES Will Be Filmed Live With Jeremy Jordan & Kara Lindsay
Posted: 2/24/17 at 9:46pm

Wonder if Disney would ever consider, once these Fathom Event screenings are finished, making it available to all theatres, not just those that show these "Event Screenings", that might be interested in playing it as a regular feature in their theatre.  There are still plenty of people that don't have a local theatre that programs these Fathom Event screenings and are unable to take advantage of them without driving an hour or two (or as I had to with the MISS SAIGON - LIVE screening ... drive over 3 hours) to see them ... it would only increase their gross higher than what the Fathom screenings have already accumulated ... seems to me it would be a "Win Win" situation ... but that makes too much sense ... something Hollywood doesn't seem to have much of.  wink

Updated On: 2/24/17 at 09:46 PM

KathyNYC2
#186NEWSIES Will Be Filmed Live With Jeremy Jordan & Kara Lindsay
Posted: 2/24/17 at 9:54pm

Can't they ever do this on a Monday? I mean it's the traditional day off for those that work in the theater. And being this is a theatrical production, maybe the people who might be most interested would not have to take a day off to see it 

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#187NEWSIES Will Be Filmed Live With Jeremy Jordan & Kara Lindsay
Posted: 3/4/17 at 7:47pm

Leaf Coneybear said: "Also: So apparently someone was supposed to be Kid Blink in this filmed performance? Did anyone catch this? He's in the cast list and I saw people talking about how there was supposedly supposed to be a bunch more newsies in one scene (including Blink) but I didn't see this. Did I (pun not intended) blink and miss it or what?

Kid Blink was historically the leader of the newsboy strike, and he's in the 1992 movie too, but not the stage version because he has an eye patch and it would be dangerous  someone to dance (or be onstage with all those dancers) with only 1 eye. For the newsies film they added a bunch of newsies so everyone could be in it, I think they just called one of them Kid Blink as a little Easter egg for fans

"

Saw this today & I tried to count when the Newsies did their bows but lost track. But judging by their big numbers, it appears they likely added four more "Newsies" to each number. Probably whoever the swings were at the time.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Leaf Coneybear
#188NEWSIES Will Be Filmed Live With Jeremy Jordan & Kara Lindsay
Posted: 3/4/17 at 8:17pm

"
Saw this today & I tried to count when the Newsies did their bows but lost track. But judging by their big numbers, it appears they likely added four more "Newsies" to each number. Probably whoever the swings were at the time

"

They did add more Newsies, one of the cast members said on one of the vlogs that they had to re choreograph some songs to add in up to 20 more newsies to each dance.

rcwr Profile Photo
rcwr
#189NEWSIES Will Be Filmed Live With Jeremy Jordan & Kara Lindsay
Posted: 3/4/17 at 8:23pm

I went again today. My only sad point was again longing for more distance shots, wide shots, that lasted longer. To better see the choreography and syncronicity.

Wayman_Wong
#190NEWSIES Will Be Filmed Live With Jeremy Jordan & Kara Lindsay
Posted: 3/5/17 at 12:50am

I believe they added 5 or 6 Newsies for the filming. Here's a link to an exclusive BroadwayWorld interview we just did with Christopher Gattellii about it, and his reaction to the finished product. Plus, he talks about how ''Newsies'' (the original 1992 movie) changed his life, and his upcoming work on ''Frozen'' and ''War Paint.''

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/BWW-Interview-Christopher-Gattelli-Taps-into-Big-Screen-NEWSIES-and-Broadway-Bound-FROZEN-20170302

Updated On: 3/5/17 at 12:50 AM

sorano916 Profile Photo
sorano916
#191NEWSIES Will Be Filmed Live With Jeremy Jordan & Kara Lindsay
Posted: 3/5/17 at 5:40am

Besides Jeremy Jordan , Kara Lindsay, Ben Fankhauser, and Andrew Keenan-Bolger, they brought back Ben Cook, Jack Sippel, Tommy Bracco, David Guzman, and Jacob Guzman as newsies.

With old cast members in, they didn't double up on the Delancey Brothers so Devin Lewis and Anthony Norman stayed the brothers instead of going back & forth as newsies (basically the Guzman brothers took their spots in dance numbers as needed). Because their tour roles (Crutchie, Race, and Spot Conlon) were displaced by previous cast members, Andy Richardson, Daniel Switzer, and Michael Dameski played scabs & random newsies (Andy was listed Kid Blink). The role of Darcy is usually doubled with the role of Jojo which Josh Burrage played the entire tour; however, for the live filming Jack Sippel took over a Darcy while Josh stayed Jojo the entire show. Tommy Bracco didn't appear during Act 1 (he actually watched from the audience during the live filming & only went backstage for Act 2) but showed up as Spot Conlon in Act 2 with the tour swings JP Ferreri, Andrew Wilson & Stephen Hernandez as the Brooklyn gang.  Tour cast member Julian DeGuzman continued as the onstage swing role of Smalls.  A female ensemble member usually played Sniper but they also gave the parts of that track to the boys.

Wayman_Wong
#192NEWSIES Will Be Filmed Live With Jeremy Jordan & Kara Lindsay
Posted: 3/5/17 at 2:29pm

Thanks, Sorano916, for spelling that all out. I was a little let down that some of the original Newsies didn't get to do the filming. But some were now tied up with other projects. I think I heard that Ryan Steele was busy doing the tour of ''An American in Paris.''

Updated On: 3/5/17 at 02:29 PM

rcwr Profile Photo
rcwr
#193NEWSIES Will Be Filmed Live With Jeremy Jordan & Kara Lindsay
Posted: 3/5/17 at 2:31pm

Wayman_Wong said: I think I heard that Ryan Steele was busy doing the tour of ''An American in Paris.''

Yes, I saw him in the tour when it began in Boston. He was great. 

Wayman_Wong
#194NEWSIES Will Be Filmed Live With Jeremy Jordan & Kara Lindsay
Posted: 3/5/17 at 8:31pm

Rcwr, I read that Ryan is the Jerry Mulligan alternate, so how does that work? Does Ryan do the Wed. and Sat. matinees, while Garen Scribner does most of the shows? Or is it a split schedule?

Updated On: 3/5/17 at 08:31 PM

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#195NEWSIES Will Be Filmed Live With Jeremy Jordan & Kara Lindsay
Posted: 3/5/17 at 8:52pm

^ Ryan gets two shows a week generally - he tends to tweet the schedule when he gets it. In Philly, Ryan did the Saturday and Sunday matinees, but it varies city to city and as I said he tweets his schedule when he has it. The alternating of Jerrys began on Broadway with Garen being the original alternate doing the matinees on Saturday and Wednesday and has been adapted to fit the tour schedule with Ryan. 

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.

rcwr Profile Photo
rcwr
#196NEWSIES Will Be Filmed Live With Jeremy Jordan & Kara Lindsay
Posted: 3/5/17 at 9:15pm

I'd actually been hoping to see Ryan as Jerry, but we'd gotten our tickets long in advance, and we saw the final performance in Boston.

Jshan05 Profile Photo
Jshan05
#197NEWSIES Will Be Filmed Live With Jeremy Jordan & Kara Lindsay
Posted: 3/6/17 at 1:03pm

Does anyone know if this will be released on DVD at some point? Or does anyone have a link to watch it online? I missed it while it was in theaters and would love to catch it!

Back Row
#198NEWSIES Will Be Filmed Live With Jeremy Jordan & Kara Lindsay
Posted: 3/6/17 at 1:25pm

Disney will follow whatever plan allows them to make the most money, because Disney gonna Disney. The natural progression from this point forward would normally be 1) wider release in smaller markets and a broader international release, 2) Premium movie channels, 3) Digital release of some kind (iTunes, Netflix, etc.), 4) DVD release (Christmas?). 

They may choose to follow another plan, but DVD release will only happen after they have squeezed every nickel out of the franchise they can through other means. 

Videos