pixeltracker

LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift & Amanda Seyfried Offered Roles- Page 8

LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift & Amanda Seyfried Offered Roles

ttalovebug
#175LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/5/12 at 3:51pm

I don't know how much weight people in the industry give this, but I wonder if her "people"- manager, publicist, etc. have looked at internet reaction to this. There are always haters for every celeb, yes, but several spoof videos on her casting within hours of the announcement? If you glance through twitter,tumblr, or any set of comments anywhere, negative reaction outweighs the positive about 90%, it seems. You don't even have to weed through error-laden support comments, because they're not really there. In fact, I've seen several that mention how much they like Taylor, and therefore really wish she wouldn't do it beacuse they know she is wrong for the part. Not all exposure is good exposure. Do you think they would even consider that this isn't a good move for her?

As for me, I would now take Lea Michele with open arms.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#176LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/5/12 at 4:00pm

I've had similar thoughts. The most positive reception I've seen has been along the lines of "Well, don't judge. She might be good," but even then it's not particularly enthusiastic.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

ClapYo'Hands Profile Photo
ClapYo'Hands
#177LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/5/12 at 4:23pm

There seems to be a lot of support for her on Youtube!

"H8ers back off! Tay Tay is my gurl. She's gonna be a fiercrocious Eponeen in Lay Miserabb! This guy sux and can't play the guitar that well so he is 1 to talk... I'd like to see this asswhole try to play Eponeen as well as T-Swift. Pleez don't make a full 1 or I will harm you.?"

TheatreFan27 Profile Photo
TheatreFan27
#178LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/5/12 at 4:51pm

LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette

Although it makes no difference, my vote still goes to Lucy Hale. The girl can sing, has acting experience/ability and looks the part too! My fingers are crossed for a miracle!

On a side note, I wonder why they didn't hold open auditions for the role of Eponine like they did for Cosette?

JP2 Profile Photo
JP2
#179LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/5/12 at 5:04pm

Hale is still my top pick as well, no matter how unlikely that may be.

broadwayfever
#180LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/5/12 at 5:07pm

^Almost every Every comment section on youtube and almost every tweet that I've seen is bashing Taylor Swift and disappointed that she got the part over Lea Michele....too say the least. It's been about 80-90% in favor of Lea Michele over Taylor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLZWKslxOkM

Here's some more great comments about thi situation:
http://perezhilton.com/2012-01-04-amanda-seyfried-and-taylor-swift-offered-female-leads-in-les-miserables/#comments

Here's Taylor trying to sing a Broadway tune: (Warning! Your ears might start bleeding if you listen too long.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jYomEJOSoo&feature=player_embedded#!

Here's Lea singing On My Own:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5a5xc9woZo

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#181LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/5/12 at 5:15pm

I have by no means seen "everybody" who's being considered for Eponine, but of the people I HAVE seen, Lucy Hale is my pick, too.

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#182LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/5/12 at 5:34pm

I don't remember where I read this, but a message board poster said when she went in for Cosette (at NY auditions), she found out they were also looking for an Eponine.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

My Oh My Profile Photo
My Oh My
#184LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/5/12 at 6:06pm

I've been flipping through various social sources as well and I don't get what's so 'wrong' about Taylor Swift's look. Isn't the overall portrayal what's important? Not discrediting people's reservations due to the tired idea that one can't say a word just because they haven't seen her in the role. I understand everyone is making educated guesses based on what she has already demonstrated outside of Les Mis, but I'm having trouble buying the whole Eponine and Cosette must be brunette and Cosette must sing in soprano, alongside a belty 'Ponine. I don't think the roles are so limiting.

Recreation of original John Cameron orchestration to "On My Own" by yours truly. Click player below to hear.

broadwayfever
#185LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/5/12 at 6:12pm

^Besides her being a 6ft Epinone, watch this video and you'll see why so many people don't believe she will do well for this role.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jYomEJOSoo&feature=player_embedded#!

SporkGoddess
#186LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/5/12 at 6:12pm

Cosette has to sing in soprano. Her highest note is a C6 and you can't belt that.

Btw, Lucy Hale would also be my first pick for Eponine (from the choices I know about).

Jimmy, what are you doing here in the middle of the night? It's almost 9 PM!
Updated On: 1/5/12 at 06:12 PM

jimmycurry01
#187LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/5/12 at 6:20pm

Hair color doesn't matter at all. Both actresses are the right physical type for their respective characters. It is solely Miss Swifts acting ability that I call into question. Perhaps if i could see her not look like a deer caught in the headlights, i would be more open to this idea. If she officially signs on, I will hope for the best.

beautywickedlover
#188LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/5/12 at 6:21pm

Lea Michele has a very good voice, but I am just not crazy about her as actress. I do look forward to her upcoming animated film, 'Dorothy of Oz', but as 'Glee' went on the character of Rachel started to bother me. Another thing is that Michele would've been TOO SAFE of a choice. I really think we should give Swift a chance.

Wildcard
#189LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/5/12 at 6:23pm

I'm on the Lucy Hale bandwagon!

sueb1863 Profile Photo
sueb1863
#190LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/5/12 at 7:13pm

I don't care about the hair color, other than the fact that it's going to look sort of odd for Sacha Baron Cohen and Helena Bonham Carter - both of whom are dark-eyed brunettes - to have a blonde, blue-eyed daughter.

I'm a lot more concerned about the fact that Swift can't sing or act and that her casting turned what might have been a good movie into nothing but a big joke.

jo
#191LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/5/12 at 7:44pm

Swift or no Swift - I am less concerned LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette

What I am excited about is that someone is already preparing for his role LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette

LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette

Valjean on the way to singing lessons, clutching his music sheets from LES MISERABLES!

broadwayfever
#192LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/5/12 at 9:00pm

jimmycurry01 - "Both actresses are the right physical type for their respective characters."

Ummm, not sure if you know but Taylor is practically 6 ft tall...that's not the right physical type for Epinone.

SeanMartin Profile Photo
SeanMartin
#193LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/5/12 at 9:02pm

^^ especially when her mother is, what, 5-2?

http://docandraider.com

AEA AGMA SM
#194LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/5/12 at 9:22pm

Things like height or hair color are pretty easy to get around, especially when it comes to movies. Do we really think any actress in this film will be using her natural hair and not be wigged?

masterwolfie
#195LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/5/12 at 9:44pm

Yeah, camera angles, makeup and lighting should take care of everything. As for Taylor Swift looking different from Cohen and Bonham Carter - at least the brunette/brown eyes parents and blonde/blue eyed children combo is genetically possible. It drives me stir crazy when movies do it the other way around...
Personally, I think the biggest problem here is still going to be the singing and acting. Does anyone know whether Taylor Swift had voice lessons before becoming a pop star? Maybe she just needed voice lessons all along?

flyinghighwithwicked
jimmycurry01
#197LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/6/12 at 2:38am

Broadwayfever "Ummm, not sure if you know but Taylor is practically 6 ft tall...that's not the right physical type for Epinone."

Ummm, not sure if you know, but this is film, not stage. Height makes little to no difference. A difference in height is an easy and standard fix on screen. Ever see a Tom Cruise movie? She is indeed the right physical type for Eponine, just probably not the right actress.

broadwayfever
#198LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/6/12 at 3:33am

^well if that's the case, then anybody could be the 'right physical type for Eponine...except for maybe someone like Kirstie Alley.

Fan2
#199LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/6/12 at 6:18am

A perfect example is Jackman as Wolverine - in the comics he's 5'3" and as we know Hugh is a foot taller. There was a huge outcry from comic book fans when he was cast, also the fact that he was an unknown in the US and no one had heard of him. Now no one can replace him. When they were filming he used to stand in ditches, other actors on boxes, etc. so he wouldn't tower over them since Wolverine was supposed to be so short.

jo
#200LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/6/12 at 7:40am

Even worse, he came from a musical theatre background by way of professional experience ( Oklahoma!, Sunset Boulevard, Beauty and the Beast) - Wolverine would have gone into his famous berserker rage if he knew that the actor who would be portraying him was a song-and-dance man! LOL!

Videos