pixeltracker

Spring Awakening is coming back to Broadway. But when and where?- Page 8

Spring Awakening is coming back to Broadway. But when and where?

CindersGolightly Profile Photo
CindersGolightly
#175Spring Awakening is coming back to Broadway. But when and where?
Posted: 7/9/15 at 4:22am

Do any of you think that since it's a limited engagement that Krysta might be able to be apart of it? She was, as mentioned before, one of the best parts of this production. Of course, without her it would still be amazing, but she broke my heart, and I finally understood a sense of who Ilse was. Also, I really hope this production gets a cast recording. 

They/them. "Get up the nerve to be all you deserve to be."

Broadwaybound94
#176Spring Awakening is coming back to Broadway. But when and where?
Posted: 7/9/15 at 5:07am

Could gettin the band back together be coming to the brooks after spring ends? I love spring and wishes it go to an open end run but in a recent Instagram photo Davenport put up was a picture of the set of gtbbt and he captioned about getting a preview of the future set of the new Broadway musical gettin the band back together.

https://instagram.com/p/4kqP5-IBbM/

Fan123 Profile Photo
Fan123
#177Spring Awakening is coming back to Broadway. But when and where?
Posted: 7/9/15 at 5:25am

New audio cast recordings are always welcome, but I wonder if it would be the best option for this production. After all, half the cast wouldn't be able to contribute their performances to it, and the audience members / wider recording target market who are deaf themselves wouldn't be able to enjoy it. What this production needs (well, what I need) is an official video recording.

Speaking of which, I love that video qolbinau posted. I used to watch it on occasion after the first LA iteration of this production, even before the Wallis remounting was announced. And I'm not even a big Spring Awakening fan. They should use that, or something very like it, heavily to promote the New York production.

ETA: The cast performed 'The Word of Your Body' on Good Day LA sometime recently. Has that been posted yet? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLzvxfqoUHc

Updated On: 7/9/15 at 05:25 AM

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#178Spring Awakening is coming back to Broadway. But when and where?
Posted: 7/9/15 at 7:00am

Here's a fantastic little making-of video.

How actors who can't hear music perform in a musical

....but the world goes 'round

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#179Spring Awakening is coming back to Broadway. But when and where?
Posted: 7/9/15 at 8:00am

They didn't do a cast recording for Big River. I'm actually kind of glad they didn't -- it would've been too much of a slap in the face to the people like Tyrone Giordano and Alexandra Wailes who were doing amazing work up there. It really should've been filmed for PBS.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

vfd88 Profile Photo
vfd88
#180Spring Awakening is coming back to Broadway. But when and where?
Posted: 7/9/15 at 2:44pm

Do they use the original orchestrations for this production? They're some of my favorite arrangements of all time and I'd love to hear them on stage again.

QueenAlice Profile Photo
QueenAlice
#181Spring Awakening is coming back to Broadway. But when and where?
Posted: 7/9/15 at 3:34pm

The day I saw the show in L.A. there was a lovely article/interview with Krysta in the Los Angeles Times. In it she said she was going to be taking time off after the production to focus on her health. But perhaps now that the production is moving on she will feel doing a limited run of this on Broadway would be the best medicine for her.

“I knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then.”

Phillypinto Profile Photo
Phillypinto
#182Spring Awakening is coming back to Broadway. But when and where?
Posted: 7/9/15 at 4:28pm

wow the Nederlanders have been putting the most random and unexpected things into the Brooks. First It Shoulda Been You, now Spring Awakening (which i think will be a hit), and next Getting the Band Back Together. The Brooks Atkinson and the Neil Simon haven't had a good track record with shows in a while. I hope the Nederlander doesnt turn into the same thing. 

Use my fabulous TodayTix code: JEYCY

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#183Spring Awakening is coming back to Broadway. But when and where?
Posted: 7/9/15 at 4:37pm

patience is a virtue, Pinto.

Phillypinto
#184Spring Awakening is coming back to Broadway. But when and where?
Posted: 7/9/15 at 4:45pm

ohhhh wellllllll

GreasedLightning Profile Photo
GreasedLightning
#185Spring Awakening is coming back to Broadway. But when and where?
Posted: 7/9/15 at 4:56pm

No where is it even slightly rumored, let alone confirmed, that GTBBT is going into the Brooks, pinto. Where are you even pulling this info from? Thin air, it seems. 

Phillypinto
#186Spring Awakening is coming back to Broadway. But when and where?
Posted: 7/9/15 at 5:02pm

why don't you read the posts above before comin at me !

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#187Spring Awakening is coming back to Broadway. But when and where?
Posted: 7/9/15 at 5:20pm

Nowhere in any post does anyone suggest the theatre for the show. The only post on the subject I see relates KD's aspirational Instagram message which says nothing of the sort. And considering how much hair he had to pull to get the theatre for SA, I would not assume anything about future dealings. (Aside from all this, if KD knew as much as you seem to, then why would he have not said that he had locked down the theatre?

Once again, patience. Once again, facts. 

“It is the absence of facts that frightens people: the gap you open, into which they pour their fears, fantasies, desires.”
? Hillary Mantel, WOLF HALL

Phillypinto
#188Spring Awakening is coming back to Broadway. But when and where?
Posted: 7/9/15 at 5:29pm

omg hogan. what is the problem with speculation? Ken Davenport on Instagram said "Got a sneak preview 2day of our future Broadway set for @GettingTheBand. Thx @DerekMcLane." And that was a caption to a picture of the set in that box thing. Now if they already have a design of a Broadway set, and he is posting it on instagram, I'm pretty sure that means they are coming to Broadway soon, and most likely secured a theatre for the spring. 

Updated On: 7/9/15 at 05:29 PM

starcatchers Profile Photo
starcatchers
#189Spring Awakening is coming back to Broadway. But when and where?
Posted: 7/9/15 at 5:38pm

"Where was the casting announcement made?"

He announced it on his Instagram, and has since deleted it. 

the artist formerly known as dancingthrulife04 Check out my Etsy shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/dreamanddrift And please consider donating to my Ride to Remember, benefitting the Alzheimer's Association: http://act.alz.org/site/TR?fr_id=8200&pg=personal&px=6681234

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#190Spring Awakening is coming back to Broadway. But when and where?
Posted: 7/9/15 at 5:41pm

Nothing wrong with speculation. But you said "the Nederlanders have been putting the most random and unexpected things into the Brooks. First It Shoulda Been You, now Spring Awakening (which i think will be a hit), and next Getting the Band Back Together." That is a statement, not speculation. If you could learn that simple distinction, your life here would be much easier.

And if, as you suggest, they had secured the Brooks, then please address the other point I made: why would he not announce it? 

NOB88
#191Spring Awakening is coming back to Broadway. But when and where?
Posted: 7/9/15 at 5:47pm

And if, as you suggest, they had secured the Brooks, then please address the other point I made: why would he not announce it? "

Well Nobody has announced for the Brooks, but everything points to a show being booked there for the spring (KD's blog for one).  Isn't that one of the reasons for SA being a limited run?

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#192Spring Awakening is coming back to Broadway. But when and where?
Posted: 7/9/15 at 5:53pm

yes NOB88, which is why it would not make sense that, if it had been secured, it would not be announced. Announcements are held when a show has not announced a closing date, for obvious reasons. SA has announced a closing date and, if it were true that Davenport has secured back to back bookings at the Brooks, why would he be vague? 

NOB88
#193Spring Awakening is coming back to Broadway. But when and where?
Posted: 7/9/15 at 6:05pm

" yes NOB88, which is why it would not make sense that, if it had been secured, it would not be announced. Announcements are held when a show has not announced a closing date, for obvious reasons. SA has announced a closing date and, if it were true that Davenport has secured back to back bookings at the Brooks, why would he be vague? "

I'm not saying KD does have the Brooks after SA but you make me wonder why the show that is booked doesn't announce. I really would like to know if it is booked and by what show.

Phillypinto
#194Spring Awakening is coming back to Broadway. But when and where?
Posted: 7/9/15 at 6:14pm

Getting the Band Back Together is booked, and it will be announced when Ken is ready. He probably wants to do it at a good time when the show can get more attention when theres nothing going on. Probably like September or something

Jersey Girl2 Profile Photo
Jersey Girl2
#195Spring Awakening is coming back to Broadway. But when and where?
Posted: 7/9/15 at 6:21pm

I hope you are right Phillypinto.

"Forget regret or life is yours to miss."

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#196Spring Awakening is coming back to Broadway. But when and where?
Posted: 7/9/15 at 6:36pm

Another in a long list of Pinto lies. It must be pathological.

Phillypinto
#197Spring Awakening is coming back to Broadway. But when and where?
Posted: 7/9/15 at 7:22pm

you're gonna see I'm right 

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#198Spring Awakening is coming back to Broadway. But when and where?
Posted: 7/9/15 at 7:37pm

Pinto, you may end up being right (although I am not so sure) but that doesn't alter the fact that what you said is a lie. Good thing to learn if you want to work in the theatre, the difference between truth and lies. People don't work with liars, no matter the talent they have; it's too much of a risk.

Phillypinto
#199Spring Awakening is coming back to Broadway. But when and where?
Posted: 7/9/15 at 7:50pm

people WILL work with me and people DO work with me :)

Videos