#175re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/30/05 at 4:25pm

Maybe they could do both?

"Bangarang, Rufio!" --Hook

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#176re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/30/05 at 4:26pm

I hope so. Maybe that's why there are *so* many different clips in the trailer. Seasons of Love works, though, because it's sort of a bit of both ideas, and people know it.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

Snaps
#177re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/30/05 at 4:32pm

I was actually thinking that the teaser would be shorter than it is, that they would use 'Seasons of Love B,' instead, since it's the same general idea but not quite as happy.

"Bangarang, Rufio!" --Hook

musicnmath
#178re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/30/05 at 6:16pm

I just went to see a movie at a artsy/foreign film type theatre. It occurred to me that they could show the trailer in those kinds of houses. Those are the same places that show "dance movies" and can attract the arts-loving (read "liberal") crowd that could really dig our film! I was seeing a (French) film about a girl who wanted to be a singer, after all. I got hopeful when something gritty-looking came on, but alas it was some new crazy, violent, rock-music sounding trailer for some new British flick (from the guy who did Snatch). I was actually disappointed when my movie started...

Greekmusicalfan Profile Photo
Greekmusicalfan
#179re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/30/05 at 8:01pm

"the Guy who did Snatch"...That's Guy Richie and I will be seriously shocked, if you don't know whose husband that is !!!!

ReNtHeAd04
#180re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/30/05 at 9:30pm

i can't take this. i work at a mall in jersey. and i went to the movie theater on my break and asked the guy and of course he thought i was asking him if the actual movie was playing and then after me going back and forth with him saying "i understand that but is the trailer playing in any other movie" another lady and came over saying they didn't know what trailers are in which. so i guess i will roam around the city this week and try and find it. although i kinda wanna be surprised, buuuut at the same time. i must see it soon!

"maybe our mistakes are what make our fate. Without them, what would shape our lives? Perhaps if we never veered off course, we wouldn't fall in love, or have babies, or be who we are. After all, seasons change. So do cities. People come into your life and people go. But it's comforting to know the ones you love are always in your heart. And if you're very lucky, a plane ride away" -sex and the city

musicnmath
#181re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/30/05 at 9:31pm

I do re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!! but it didn't have his name...it just kept saying "from the makers of Snatch". I was moping that it wasn't Rent and so wasn't paying much attention...

luvtheEmcee
#182re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/30/05 at 9:31pm

If you're going into the city - Clearview Cinemas in Chelsea is definitely showing it in front of "Mad, Hot Ballroom." Just go there, rather than wandering.

RaininSmilies
#183re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/30/05 at 9:34pm

Every time that I see this is update, I get all excited because I think that the trailer is on the internet! And then it's not! I really wish that I lived in New York or San Francisco right now (more so than usual!)

ReNtHeAd04
#184re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/30/05 at 9:34pm

thaanks!! did they have a lot of movies playing there so i can pay to see that and watch another one? or did you hear if that's supposed to be a good movie?

"maybe our mistakes are what make our fate. Without them, what would shape our lives? Perhaps if we never veered off course, we wouldn't fall in love, or have babies, or be who we are. After all, seasons change. So do cities. People come into your life and people go. But it's comforting to know the ones you love are always in your heart. And if you're very lucky, a plane ride away" -sex and the city

luvtheEmcee
#185re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/30/05 at 9:38pm

I don't know much about that movie at all, but they had Star Wars and Madagascar, too. That's all I remember.

ReNtHeAd04
#186re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/30/05 at 9:41pm

kk..thanks hun!

musicnmath
#187re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/30/05 at 9:41pm

We've got NY and San Fran covered....anyone know if it's playing in Boston yet?!

IdreamofRENT
#188re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/30/05 at 9:47pm

ahhhhh the aniticipation to see the RENT trailer is killing me, i need to see this trailer already lol i deserve to see it i am a dedicated fan that went to see Star Wars on friday just when the rumors started going around about RENT being shown...and i had NO desire whatsoever to see Star Wars. but of course they didn't show a preview....its so tempting to go to SF, but no one will go with me...not even my so called "RENThead" friends...suspense....

TheActr97J Profile Photo
TheActr97J
#189re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/30/05 at 9:49pm

ReNtHeAd04:
If I remember correctly Entertainment Weekly gave "Mad, Hot, Ballroom" a B. It looks cute. It's a documentary about inner city kids competing in a ballroom dance competition.

"I seem to have wandered into the BRAIN load-out thread... "
-best12bars

"Sorry I am a Theatre major not a English Major"
-skibumb5290

luvtheEmcee
#190re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/30/05 at 9:50pm

ugh, maybe I'll just break down and see it already. I'm agonizing over a TRAILER, I should just go.

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#191re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/30/05 at 9:51pm

I saw the rent trailer through work. It was fine. You all need to relax. I will be all over the place soon enough and it is no big deal.

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!
Updated On: 5/30/05 at 09:51 PM

BEKA531
#192re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/30/05 at 10:05pm

i saw crash last night, which is rated r, so i was hoping to see the trailer. it wasn't shown. re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#193re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/30/05 at 10:08pm

Yeah, I was just thinking how could they show a trailer for RENT (which will most likely be rated R; maybe PG-13) in a PG rated movie? :- ?

One Song Glory
#194re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/30/05 at 10:10pm

If were THIS excited to see the RENT trailer then how can we survive when the movie is nearing in theaters?

I'm not a gay stereotype. I'm a coincidence.

#195re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/30/05 at 10:12pm

We probably won't... re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!

~korenglish
Updated On: 5/30/05 at 10:12 PM

RaininSmilies
#196re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/30/05 at 10:14pm

Wickedrocks, I think that they could show it before a PG movie, but it wouldn't be a very good idea since there won't be as many people in a PG movie that will be old enough to see it. I don't know if that helped.

And I don't think I'll be able to handle it when it actually hits theaters. Especially since it'll probably be rated R and I'll only be 16!!!!!!!!!

loudasthehelliwant Profile Photo
loudasthehelliwant
#197re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/30/05 at 10:22pm

I'm in the same boat, Rainin.

*waits patiently to turn 16*

However, I know my parents will buy me movie tickets. The first time (Nov 11!) I plan on taking my friends that I *know* will become rentheads. But I know I will eventually have to see it w/my mom (Nov 12?) b/c she's as big a renthead as me. Okay, she's less OBSESSIVE about it, but she likes it just as much. re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!

Or maybe I could see it w/her during, say, school and then see it w/mes amies... after school. *plots to miss school* re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!

"I mean, how many of us could honestly say that at one time or another he hasn't set fire to some great public building?"
Updated On: 5/30/05 at 10:22 PM

RaininSmilies
#198re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/30/05 at 10:25pm

Yeah, my parents won't take me because they already took me to see the musical and they HATED it (I LOVED it, obviously). So, my cousin said that she would take me to it when she comes back from college. It just won't be for awhile...

Sorry, that was a little off-topic. Updated On: 5/30/05 at 10:25 PM

loudasthehelliwant Profile Photo
loudasthehelliwant
#199re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/30/05 at 10:27pm

Awww, that sucketh! There's always the sneak-in... *is guilty of buying a ticket for one movie and seeing another* Anything for Rent, right?

"I mean, how many of us could honestly say that at one time or another he hasn't set fire to some great public building?"

Videos