pixeltracker

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread- Page 81

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread

verdigris
#2000Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Threadhi
Posted: 6/28/18 at 6:17am

Thanks so much for the advice guys! I'll keep regularly checking over the next couple of months. I am going to be in New York between January 21 and February 4, ideal dates to see the show would be 23rd - 1st. Though I would prefer earlier incase of inclement weather. Glad to hear it's a slower time of year, also great for hotels! I'll definitely be keeping track of this thread. 

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#2001Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Threadhi
Posted: 6/28/18 at 6:57am

verdigris said: "Thanks so much for the advice guys! I'll keep regularly checking over the next couple of months. I am going to be in New York between January 21 and February 4, ideal dates to see the show would be 23rd - 1st. Though I would prefer earlier incase of inclement weather. Glad to hear it's a slower time of year, also great for hotels! I'll definitelybe keeping track of this thread."

Are you willing to spend $225 per part? Looking at your dates, there are 4 front orchestra seats available, the best of the lot being G 18 on 1/24 & 1/25. That's an awesome seat, so, if you want to secure a ticket now, I'd highly recommend that one. 

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#2002Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Threadhi
Posted: 6/28/18 at 8:29am

Whoa I didnt' know Bway con dates are earlier next year. I'm guessing that's MLK weekend. From what I recall in the past, bway con attendees go to the convention during the day and then see a show in the evening. 

I agree with ct2nyc those seats in row G are great seats! I sat in row F a month ago for $189/part (nowadays all the $189 tickets are priced at $225 after the show won all those Tony awards.) 

Special K2
#2003Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Threadhi
Posted: 6/28/18 at 10:41am

Hey guys

Can anyone comment on ORCH R2? That’s my seat for today and tomorrow’s performance. I know the overhang starts at Q, so was curious as to how much that would obstruct my view for this show. I was eyeing seats forever and foolishly waited til after the Tony’s to buy. Have only a window of a few months to see this show, so just want to have the best experience possible

Thanks for any insight. Super excited for tonight!!

Updated On: 6/28/18 at 10:41 AM

verdigris
#2004Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Threadhi
Posted: 6/28/18 at 10:51am

Thanks for pointing out the G18 Orch seat, looks like it would be a good view! I'm not against paying that price, only worry is my height. I'm super short (under 5ft) and my biggest issue is always not being able to see due to the person in front. Is there a decent slope in the orchestra, or would I be better off with dress circle / balcony seat?

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#2005Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Threadhi
Posted: 6/28/18 at 10:53am

Just ask for a cushion from the usher. They have a lot available.

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#2006Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Threadhi
Posted: 6/28/18 at 10:55am

Special K2 said: "Hey guys

Can anyone comment on ORCH R2? That’s my seat for today and tomorrow’s performance. I know the overhang starts at Q, so was curious as to how much that would obstruct my view for this show. I was eyeing seats forever and foolishly waited til after the Tony’s to buy. Have only a window of a few months to see this show, so just want to have the best experience possible

"

I've sat in row S orchestra and didn't even notice the overhang. Enjoy the show! That's an awesome seat dead center.

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#2007Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Threadhi
Posted: 6/28/18 at 11:04am

DOUBLE POST

Updated On: 6/28/18 at 11:04 AM

Special K2
#2008Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Threadhi
Posted: 6/28/18 at 11:05am

Wick3 said: "Special K2 said: "Hey guys

"

I've sat in row S orchestra and didn't even notice the overhang. Enjoy the show! That's an awesome seat dead center.
"

incredible. Just got so excited at work haha. Cant’t wait!

Updated On: 6/28/18 at 11:05 AM

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#2009Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Threadhi
Posted: 6/28/18 at 11:08am

verdigris said: "Thanks for pointing out the G18 Orch seat, looks like it would be a good view!I'm not against paying that price, only worry is my height. I'm super short (under 5ft) and my biggest issue is always not being able to see due to the person in front. Is there a decent slope in the orchestra, or would I be better off with dress circle / balcony seat?"

I'm very short, as well, and I always worry about the same thing. Fortunately, as Wick3 mentioned, they have boosters readily available, and they really do help a lot. The slope in the dress circle isn't great, so you could run into the same issue there. Some seats in the balcony have a great view, but I would never recommend sitting there over the front orchestra. I've sat there, and I would choose G 18 in a heartbeat, especially knowing that I could use a seat cushion if necessary.

hermionejuliet Profile Photo
hermionejuliet
#2010Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Threadhi
Posted: 6/28/18 at 11:25am

I happened to have sat in Row Q and Row H. I would definitely recommend Row G even if you are short (I am also very short). There is a slight slope in the orch which helps a bit and the seats have nice "windows." Though the last time I saw the show, the usher told me that the cushions are just for kids and there were far less available for use, so that is something to keep in mind. Not sure if this is a new rule or just a particular usher.

As for Row Q. You'll have a perfect view of the whole stage and the mezzanine does not impede the view of the stage at all. Have fun!

So, that was the Drowsy Chaperone. Oh, I love it so much. I know it's not a perfect show...but it does what a musical is supposed to do. It takes you to another world, and it gives you a little tune to carry with you in your head for when you're feeling blue. Ya know?

HeatherAV
#2011Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Threadhi
Posted: 6/28/18 at 12:25pm

When I saw the show two weeks ago, I needed cushions for my two kids.  I didn't ask an usher, I just got them myself and no one stopped me or questioned me (and I carried both large cushions back to my seat myself).  The cushions I got were located in the aisle to the far right of the stage when you walk in from the rear - if you walk in the large aisle between H and J, turn left when you exit the seating area of the theater.  You'll see a very short hallway and there's a shelf at the end.  I didn't know I was supposed to ask an usher so I just helped myself! :)  If you're a short adult who needs one and you're self-conscious about asking an usher, just get inside the theater as soon as the doors open and get one yourself.

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#2012Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Threadhi
Posted: 6/28/18 at 12:48pm

If anyone's interested, orchestra E 6 is available on Ticketmaster for tonight/tomorrow, $130 per part. I have it in my cart at the moment, so let me know!

gray_area
#2013Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Threadhi
Posted: 6/28/18 at 1:22pm

Anyone have a single ticket to spare for both parts on Saturday (June 30)?

Special K2
#2014Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Threadhi
Posted: 6/28/18 at 1:27pm

CT2NYC said: "If anyone's interested, orchestra E 6 is available on Ticketmaster for tonight/tomorrow, $130 per part. I have it in my cart at the moment, so let me know!"

Messaged

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#2015Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Threadhi
Posted: 6/28/18 at 1:32pm

gray_area said: "Anyone have a single ticket to spare for both parts on Saturday (June 30)?"

Dress circle C 113 is available on Ticketmaster for Saturday, $130 per part.

Lauren2
#2016Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Threadhi
Posted: 6/28/18 at 1:56pm

Guys this who Broadway Barks thing is really confusing me with who will be in and it if the show. Someone told me Boyle won’t be in shows that weekend and I really wanted to see him. I want to cry!

gray_area
#2017Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Threadhi
Posted: 6/28/18 at 2:13pm

CT2NYC said: "gray_area said: "Anyone have a single ticket to spare for both parts on Saturday (June 30)?"

Dress circle C 113 is available on Ticketmaster for Saturday, $130 per part.
"

Yeah I think someone had it on hold and I couldn't get to it. Thanks for the heads up earlier!

Special K2
#2018Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Threadhi
Posted: 6/28/18 at 3:01pm

Lauren2 said: "Guys this who Broadway Barks thing is really confusing me with who will be in and it if the show. Someone told me Boyle won’t be in shows that weekend and I really wanted to see him. I want to cry! "

Care to explain?

Lauren2
#2019Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Threadhi
Posted: 6/28/18 at 3:14pm

Sure so I asked a question on another post about Broadway Barks because appatently Sam, Poppy, Noma and Paul are appearing. I asked since Anthony isn’t if he is not going to be in the show the next day the 15 when I am going. (He appeared at Stars in the Alley so that’s what I asked). Someone commented and said that he is thinking about “being sick” that weekend. They also said that two of the four going are allergic to cats and are going to stay away from them but if they do brush away from them they might be out too.

Myshmoopsiepoo
#2020Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Threadhi
Posted: 6/28/18 at 3:20pm

He/she was joking. You can't plan "being sick".

angoradebs
#2021Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/28/18 at 7:12pm

Hi all! I just returned 2 $40/part tickets for Weds, Sep 5 (Balcony Row D). They seem to be available on the website already if anyone is interested

the.hard.part Profile Photo
the.hard.part
#2022Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/28/18 at 7:17pm

angoradebs said: "Hi all! I just returned 2 $40/part tickets for Weds, Sep 5 (Balcony Row D). They seem to be available on the website already if anyone is interested"

Must've just missed them, bummer!

angoradebs
#2023Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/28/18 at 7:19pm

the.hard.part said: "angoradebs said: "Hi all! I just returned 2 $40/part tickets for Weds, Sep 5 (Balcony Row D). They seem to be available on the website already if anyone is interested"

Must've just missed them, bummer!
"

Wow, that was fast! Well, it might not hurt to refresh in a bit in case someone put them in their cart but doesn't check out?

shrtstop
#2024Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/28/18 at 8:53pm

I was able to get row A of the center Balcony for mid-july...has anyone sat in those seats and are they ok?? I have a 12 year old daughter that I am so excited to take and I am slightly worried being in the balcony is too far back. Any reviews would be great 

Videos