pixeltracker

NBC's SMASH, Season 2 -- Discussion- Page 9

NBC's SMASH, Season 2 -- Discussion

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#200NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/6/13 at 11:11am

I'll add that the show is better with Hilty having a solo. We need to hear her sing more!!

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Wynbish Profile Photo
Wynbish
#201NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/6/13 at 11:12am

He did such an odd "Ain't I a stinker" performance with his overt indication of a recorder and his cutesy wondering if he could quote Frank about Derek sleeping with any actress in a Marilyn wig.

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#202NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/6/13 at 11:18am

I love musicals, I love theater and theater actors. So why is it that I truly cannot stand this show?

Borstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
#203NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/6/13 at 11:26am

Shukert seemed understandably exhausted by the 2 hour running time (I was, too!), but the insipidity that is Karen/Kat will continue to be a font of inspiration. Loved her take on the bartender!

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” ~ Muhammad Ali

beautywickedlover
#204NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/6/13 at 11:31am

The writers have themselves to blame for this happening. They should not have done all that inconsistent script writing in season 1. We'll be lucky to even get some closure this season.

'Smash' Crashes In Second Season Premiere Updated On: 2/6/13 at 11:31 AM

kyl3fong2 Profile Photo
kyl3fong2
#205NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/6/13 at 11:37am

Actually, it's Theresa Rebeck who should be blamed.

Okiekat Profile Photo
Okiekat
#206NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/6/13 at 11:38am

I love this show. But I think you're right about the inconsistencies in Season 1. Last night's ratings were extremely low. It also won't help that the show is off until Feb. 19.

http://www.spoilertv.com/2013/02/ratings-news-6th-feb-2013.html

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#207NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/6/13 at 11:41am

question: when it returns in two weeks, will it air at 9pm or 10pm?? they need some kind of ratings boost or there's no chance we'll see a season 3.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

FindingNamo
#208NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/6/13 at 11:42am

I would assume it's off so it's not on every week during sweeps... the way they would pull 30 Rock during sweeps month. They were trying to save it.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

beautywickedlover
#209NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/6/13 at 11:43am

At this point I am doubting that a season 2 DVD will happen. NBC may not even want to air the episodes online.

kyl3fong2 Profile Photo
kyl3fong2
#210NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/6/13 at 11:45am

It's pre-empted next week for the State of the Union Address.

FindingNamo
#211NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/6/13 at 11:46am

Effin Obama is trying to kill SMASH!

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

suestorm Profile Photo
suestorm
#212NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/6/13 at 11:48am

theyre setting up the whole season, new characters etc, so thats why it mightve been a bit slow in some sections.

FINDINGNAMO, SNAFU, THEATERDIVE, JORDANCATALONO, LIZASHEADBAND, PALJOEY: You all claim to "IGNORE ME" I wish you would and stop constantly commenting on my posts. Thanks ...................................................................................................................................... The MOST POPULAR and DANGEROUS Poster on BWW! Banned by the PTA, PTC and the MEANGIRLS of BWW..................................................................................................................... ...Ukraine Girls really knock me out, they leave the west behind..........................

kyl3fong2 Profile Photo
kyl3fong2
#213NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/6/13 at 11:49am

I don't think this show will be pulled before all of its episodes are aired. If you compare it to the other shows on NBC right now, DO NO HARM is doing worst, and SMASH is performing in the range of THE NEW NORMAL, GO ON and DECEPTION.

What NBC needs to do is air The Voice results show Tuesdays at 9PM instead to help give SMASH a bit of a boost.

Okiekat Profile Photo
Okiekat
#214NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/6/13 at 11:49am

I just checked. Pres. Obama's State of the Union address is next Tuesday. All networks preempted. Perhaps NBC can find a way to build an audience by the 19th.

suestorm Profile Photo
suestorm
#215NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/6/13 at 11:53am

im so sick of investing in shows like 666ParkAve, and The B in Apt 23 only to have them pulled for BS

FINDINGNAMO, SNAFU, THEATERDIVE, JORDANCATALONO, LIZASHEADBAND, PALJOEY: You all claim to "IGNORE ME" I wish you would and stop constantly commenting on my posts. Thanks ...................................................................................................................................... The MOST POPULAR and DANGEROUS Poster on BWW! Banned by the PTA, PTC and the MEANGIRLS of BWW..................................................................................................................... ...Ukraine Girls really knock me out, they leave the west behind..........................

beautywickedlover
#216NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/6/13 at 11:56am

"I don't think this show will be pulled before all of its episodes are aired. If you compare it to the other shows on NBC right now, DO NO HARM is doing worst, and SMASH is performing in the range of THE NEW NORMAL, GO ON and DECEPTION."

'Harry's Law' had 1.0 ratings during its second and final season, so maybe NBC will just air the rest of the episodes and the let the series end after that.

OperaBwayLover Profile Photo
OperaBwayLover
#217NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/6/13 at 12:00pm

PalJoey, thanks for posting the link to the Vulture recap! I was looking for it this morning and couldn't find it. Last season, that was literally my favorite part of watching- reading the Vulture recap and broadwayabridged's take on the show.

I really do like the fact they're setting up Karen and Ivy to be in different shows. Although, all of the "Jimmy's show is the new Rent!" references made me gag. Really looking forward to the "Les Liasons" musical with Ivy.

WhizzerMarvin Profile Photo
WhizzerMarvin
#218NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/6/13 at 12:05pm

The ratings are out...and it's a series low. A 1.1 in the ratings share, which is down from a 3.8 for the premiere of the first season.

Marie: Don't be in such a hurry about that pretty little chippy in Frisco. Tony: Eh, she's a no chip!

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#219NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/6/13 at 12:27pm

Was The Voice on last night? Maybe once that season premieres ratings will get a slight boost.

ucjrdude902 Profile Photo
ucjrdude902
#221NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/6/13 at 12:31pm

With all fairness didn't it follow the Superbowl or something last year? NBC loves this project, and with other shows not doing so well I could see them trying to get a third season out of it. Did NBC release their line up, where will it be the rest of the season?

Updated On: 2/6/13 at 12:31 PM

beautywickedlover
#222NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/6/13 at 12:35pm

I'm surprised that McPhee is leading in this poll on People.com.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20671236,00.html

However, I know that you all might disagree with me about this, but no matter what happens with this I would like to see McPhee play Elphaba in the film adaptation of 'Wicked'. I think she would be better than Lea Michele.

The Pud
#223NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/6/13 at 12:38pm

Bway.com did a rating of best songs from last night's premier and Ivy's song, "They Keep Moving the Line", came in 1st as the fave with "Broadway Here I Come", second. Karen's best was 5th.
IMO Mcfee doesn't work in this show.

ucjrdude902 Profile Photo
ucjrdude902
#224NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/6/13 at 12:40pm

On a positive note, "Broadway, Here I Come" is in the top 100 on the itunes charts.

Videos