pixeltracker

CINDERELLA Previews Thread.- Page 9

CINDERELLA Previews Thread.

Jungle Red Profile Photo
Jungle Red
#200CINDERELLA Previews Thread.
Posted: 1/29/13 at 1:26am

YOU'RE AT A MUSICAL! Of course they're going to sing. What do they expect? DUMB.

It wouldn't do much for the ending, but if they wanted social commentary, they should've made the Prince gay. Or maybe one of the sisters gay.

If you want to watch a musical about a (not really) revolution, then watch Les Mis.

After Eight
#201CINDERELLA Previews Thread.
Posted: 1/29/13 at 7:35am

Interesting how the most recent reviewer echoed everything I said (and was scorched for).

And Cats, you're most welcome for the song list. My pleasure.

themysteriousgrowl Profile Photo
themysteriousgrowl
#202CINDERELLA Previews Thread.
Posted: 1/29/13 at 7:45am

Time and again, Whizzer has proven himself insightful, reliable, and amicable.

Time and again, you have proven yourself boorish and antagonisitic, with very questionable tastes.

The richest man may occasionally find himself sharing a sidewalk with the most destitute man, but it doesn't make the rich man poorer or the poor man richer.

CHURCH DOOR TOUCAN GAY MARKETING PUPPIES MUSICAL THEATER STAPLES PERIOD OIL BITCHY SNARK HOLES

mar6411
#203CINDERELLA Previews Thread.
Posted: 1/29/13 at 8:07am

Good to hear from Whizzer and growl. I always look forward to Whizzer's reviews. They are informative and I appreciate them. And I always look forward to growl's comments.

After Eight, the negativity in most of your remarks is off-putting although I always read your comments too. I'm sorry you feel the way you do.

Thanks again Whizzer - I admit to being a fan girl. :)

WhizzerMarvin Profile Photo
WhizzerMarvin
#204CINDERELLA Previews Thread.
Posted: 1/29/13 at 8:40am

Hi Growl :)

Thanks mar for your kind words.

Marie: Don't be in such a hurry about that pretty little chippy in Frisco. Tony: Eh, she's a no chip!

Wynbish Profile Photo
Wynbish
#205CINDERELLA Previews Thread.
Posted: 1/29/13 at 9:20am

One woman left with her young child who was getting antsy during "Do I Love You Because You're Beautiful."

And that's my favorite song...

little_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
#206CINDERELLA Previews Thread.
Posted: 1/29/13 at 9:29am

Whizzer, you bring up a good point that I was thinking about after I saw the show: I am an adult and a frequent theatre-goer and could not sit through much of the second act. I could just imagine how the very young children around me must have felt.

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.

Ed_Mottershead
#207CINDERELLA Previews Thread.
Posted: 1/29/13 at 9:34am

Having grown up with the Disney version, I would have loved for the Disney folks to have done a stage version of the movie, say at the New Amsterdam. As a child, I was very disappointed with the R&H version when it was done in 1957 and have never particularly cared for it ever since.

BroadwayEd

WhizzerMarvin
#208CINDERELLA Previews Thread.
Posted: 1/29/13 at 9:48am

Wynbish, I love that song too. Along with "Ten Minutes Ago" it's my favorite in the score. Still, by the time they finally sing it you want to scream out, "Just get on with it!" Plus the arrangement ends on a weird Wildhornian power ballad note. I prefer the Julie Andrews version that ends with a quieter moment. It's more touching. Simpler is sometimes better.

little sally, It stands to reason that the creative team assumed this would be a family show and that many children under 12 would be attending. True, there's nothing inappropriate being said, but it is inappropriate to believe this whole Jean-Michel business would hold a young girl's interest when what she came to see was Cinderella.

The irony is, at the current prices the families who can afford to buy 4 orchestra seats are the wealthy who are being represented on stage as greedy and unfeeling.

Marie: Don't be in such a hurry about that pretty little chippy in Frisco. Tony: Eh, she's a no chip!

suestorm Profile Photo
suestorm
#209CINDERELLA Previews Thread.
Posted: 1/29/13 at 10:12am

The irony is, at the current prices the families who can afford to buy 4 orchestra seats are the wealthy who are being represented on stage as greedy and unfeeling.

thats an interesting remark WHIZZER... if it wasnt for the wealthy and the tourists this industry would be in big trouble and many jobs lost. something to remember to all those who bash them. thanks so much for the great review!

FINDINGNAMO, SNAFU, THEATERDIVE, JORDANCATALONO, LIZASHEADBAND, PALJOEY: You all claim to "IGNORE ME" I wish you would and stop constantly commenting on my posts. Thanks ...................................................................................................................................... The MOST POPULAR and DANGEROUS Poster on BWW! Banned by the PTA, PTC and the MEANGIRLS of BWW..................................................................................................................... ...Ukraine Girls really knock me out, they leave the west behind..........................
Updated On: 1/29/13 at 10:12 AM

North2009 Profile Photo
North2009
#210CINDERELLA Previews Thread.
Posted: 1/29/13 at 10:14am

Wondering if anyone knows where the additional songs came from? Recognize a few, but am curious as to their origins. Trunk songs? Cut songs? Much appreciated

Wynbish Profile Photo
Wynbish
#211CINDERELLA Previews Thread.
Posted: 1/29/13 at 10:20am

Aww, look how cute Nick Spangler looks in his armor

finebydesign Profile Photo
finebydesign
#212CINDERELLA Previews Thread.
Posted: 1/29/13 at 10:25am

Why are those photos in B&W?

Wynbish Profile Photo
Wynbish
#213CINDERELLA Previews Thread.
Posted: 1/29/13 at 10:26am

I figured either they were going with an artistic/romantic theme or if they can't show everything in color until the official preview comes out.

mikem Profile Photo
mikem
#214CINDERELLA Previews Thread.
Posted: 1/29/13 at 10:36am

What's in the box in that photo?

Interesting point about whether audience members are going to be insulted by the "tax cuts for the rich" theme. I wonder if that will hurt word of mouth.

"What was the name of that cheese that I like?" "you can't run away forever...but there's nothing wrong with getting a good head start" "well I hope and I pray, that maybe someday, you'll walk in the room with my heart"

Wynbish Profile Photo
Wynbish
#215CINDERELLA Previews Thread.
Posted: 1/29/13 at 10:38am

It looks like a present the company gave the man to commemorate getting engaged at the show.

By the way, here's a photo of the set apparently for the finale.

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#216CINDERELLA Previews Thread.
Posted: 1/29/13 at 10:40am

Looks pretty drab.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

ucjrdude902 Profile Photo
ucjrdude902
#217CINDERELLA Previews Thread.
Posted: 1/29/13 at 10:42am

I have a friend in the cast, we got to briefly talk last night and I can tell you that feedback has been noted and editing has been discussed. I haven't seen the show yet but I plan on closely after opening night.

jetts7 Profile Photo
jetts7
#218CINDERELLA Previews Thread.
Posted: 1/29/13 at 10:42am

I am seeing the show tonight and I am very excited!!!

WhizzerMarvin
#219CINDERELLA Previews Thread.
Posted: 1/29/13 at 10:43am

That is pretty much the palace set. Sometimes there's a throne, but this where Harada sings the lament, where Cinderella leaves the slipper, etc.

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#220CINDERELLA Previews Thread.
Posted: 1/29/13 at 10:46am

I wish I was WhizzerMarvinTrinaJasonMende, who gets too see EVERYTHING...the Playbill collection alone must be Eeeeenooooormmmmmmuuuuuussss!!!

But I digress.

Thanks for the informative review (your reviews always are), I'm going to have to sit this production out. I don't like the changes they made to it and at 3 hours I'd rather be doing much of anything else but see this.

bwayphreak234
#221CINDERELLA Previews Thread.
Posted: 1/29/13 at 10:50am

How is the transformation for the pumpkin to carriage, rags to ball gown, and mice to footmen done?

Ed_Mottershead
#222CINDERELLA Previews Thread.
Posted: 1/29/13 at 10:52am

Whizzer should be a professional critic -- he makes a lot more sense that the sitting bunch of morons, always providing valid and comprehensible critiques.

BroadwayEd

bwayphreak234
#223CINDERELLA Previews Thread.
Posted: 1/29/13 at 10:56am

^ Agreed.

finebydesign Profile Photo
finebydesign
#224CINDERELLA Previews Thread.
Posted: 1/29/13 at 11:01am

"I wonder if that will hurt word of mouth."