pixeltracker

Into the Woods Official Movie Thread- Page 99

Into the Woods Official Movie Thread

justincharacter Profile Photo
justincharacter
#2450Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 7/27/14 at 5:49pm

@Showface How can you comment on anything? We haven't even seen anything yet...

Disney. What are you thinking right now?

Where is the hype, the advertising, the marketing...

Showface
#2451Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 7/27/14 at 5:58pm

^I CAN'T comment on anything. The predictions I did make, which were the bottom half of the first post, is what I think the film could pssibly get if done right. So if every cast and crew member does/did their absolute best during and after production, what may the film get.

I can't make any judgements until I see the film, but based on the cast and crew (Colleen Atwood, Roy Helland, Dion Bebee, etc.) this film could turn out great!

And I'm very hopeful that we will get a trailer mid-this week with Gaurdians of the Gakaxy (which I think would be perfect advertising/marketing). Into the Woods Movie Cast

Updated On: 7/27/14 at 05:58 PM

ShakinBaconGirl Profile Photo
ShakinBaconGirl
#2452Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 7/27/14 at 7:03pm

"Where is the hype, the advertising, the marketing..."

They don't need to start advertising till Late August-early September. They still have plenty of time. I will never understand why people freak out when they don't see a trailer in the summer.

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#2453Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 7/27/14 at 8:19pm

I really think everyone needs to take a chill pill regarding Disney and the advertising. Remember when DREAMGIRLS was basically marketed like a year before it was released (I forget exactly how long, but it was a long time, as in I'm not sure they were even done filming), was touted VERY early on as a favorite to win Best Picture (just based on buzz and marketing), and then went on to completely disappoint at the Oscars, failing to even get in for picture. Remember Rob Marshall's NINE, which was also touted as a huge Oscar movie by Harvey Weinstein, was heavily promoted, and then landed with a thud? Disney cannot allow the same thing to happen with this movie, they have to be very careful with the marketing of this one. I think they're quite smart not to overhype it or show us every single frame by the time the movie is released. Obviously I wanna see a preview, but Disney clearly has a strategy for this one, it's only the end of July.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

beautywickedlover
Hysterium
#2455Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 7/30/14 at 12:40pm

http://blogs.disney.com/oh-my-disney/2014/07/30/were-moving-into-the-woods-after-seeing-these-first-look-images/

First pictures! I think they look wonderful

Updated On: 7/30/14 at 12:40 PM

Starship
#2456Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 7/30/14 at 12:46pm

Ahhhh!! Those images are fantastic and it looks like such a colorful yet dark and mysterious film. As someone who isn't an ITW megafan, these images are definitely making me ecstatic for the film to be released.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#2457Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 7/30/14 at 12:48pm

Yep, looks like a Disney film, but can't wait!

broadwaytbay Profile Photo
broadwaytbay
#2458Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 7/30/14 at 1:00pm

I can't seem to get the link to work and the post on the broadwayworld site only has the pic of Corden and Streep... anyone else having this issue?

**** Edit**** the link works but took forever to load. and the pics are pretty fab.

Updated On: 7/30/14 at 01:00 PM

ShakinBaconGirl
#2459Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 7/30/14 at 1:04pm

Same issue

themysteriousgrowl Profile Photo
themysteriousgrowl
#2460Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 7/30/14 at 1:04pm

I can't access it, either, or on my phone.

CHURCH DOOR TOUCAN GAY MARKETING PUPPIES MUSICAL THEATER STAPLES PERIOD OIL BITCHY SNARK HOLES

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
beautywickedlover
#2462Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 7/30/14 at 1:11pm

These images are amazing! I'm so glad that we have our first look at Lilla Crawford as Little Red Riding Hood. Even though people thought she was a much better choice then Sophia Grace, they thought she was still too young. However, I think she looks perfect for the part and also looks like a girl entering her teen years.

Updated On: 7/30/14 at 01:11 PM

ShakinBaconGirl
#2463Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 7/30/14 at 1:12pm

It works now. Hmmm interesting photos...It looks very stagey to me. I'm also not ecstatic about the costumes...they look too nice and fancy for the characters to be wearing ( Mostly Baker and Jack). And is it just me or does Daniel look like a cartoon in his picture with Jack's Mom?

HBP Profile Photo
HBP
#2464Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 7/30/14 at 1:15pm

I think it looks fantastic. I'm really glad they went for a concept with the wolf and not a silly computer-generated talking wolf. I am significantly more optimistic after seeing these photos!!

KathyNYC2
#2465Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 7/30/14 at 1:16pm

I think everyone looks great and now I am doubly excited to see it.

The photos are amazing regardless.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#2466Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 7/30/14 at 1:23pm

The film looks gorgeous... very storybook.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#2467Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 7/30/14 at 1:24pm

Some of the pics are great and some are very movie-of-the-week looking… :S

justincharacter
#2468Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 7/30/14 at 1:24pm

Much better quality of all the pictures:
http://www.people.com/people/gallery/0,,20838715,00.html?xid=rss-latestphotos&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

It looks incredible! Updated On: 7/30/14 at 01:24 PM

Jungle Red Profile Photo
Jungle Red
#2469Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 7/30/14 at 1:25pm

I love them! Sure, it looks pretty, but it is Disney and they are fairy tales. I can't wait!!

justincharacter
#2470Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 7/30/14 at 1:26pm

Into the Woods Movie Cast

From "The Rap" scene (or Prologue)

Updated On: 7/30/14 at 01:26 PM

Showface
#2471Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 7/30/14 at 1:33pm

YES! Just YES! Everything looks so right.

I love the Witch's Costume, especially her hair...I cuts cannot wait to see her after the transformation! The woods look magical, everyone just looks perfect!

I love that you can't see Johnny's face, and I don't think we will until the film comes out (as a surprise)

Starship
#2472Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 7/30/14 at 1:34pm

Are we getting the trailer tomorrow? I know it is still relatively early in the day but usually trailers come out at the start of the day. Maybe the trailer will be released tomorrow since that is when it premieres in theaters? (midnight premieres)

Showface
#2473Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 7/30/14 at 1:36pm

It may premiere today!

Buddy Plummer2
#2474Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 7/30/14 at 1:39pm

It looks like the Annie Liebovitz Disney portraits, which as a style, does REALLY well with blending Disney fantasy with a more grounded reality. Absolutely love it :)

Maximum Thread Size of 5,000 Messages Reached
Please Start a New Thread!

Videos