RachelO
#75re: What bway song would you like at your funeral
Posted: 8/4/09 at 1:22am

I'm incredibly sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you. <3

And I would say Il Adore from Taboo.

DefyGravity777
#76re: What bway song would you like at your funeral
Posted: 8/4/09 at 1:47am

I'm 36 and feel old reading this also. I would want For Good sung at my funeral. Or maybe No Good Deed re: What bway song would you like at your funeral.

Don't believe everything that you hear! Only the peeps involved know the truth!

legally_popular Profile Photo
legally_popular
#77re: What bway song would you like at your funeral
Posted: 8/4/09 at 1:56am

I did one of those itunes shuffle meme things where you put your itunes on shuffle and answer the questions with whatever song comes on, and I got...

What song will play at your funeral? "I'm Alive" from Xanadu.

I swear I did not fix it or anything. So I guess that'll be my song.

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#78re: What bway song would you like at your funeral
Posted: 8/4/09 at 9:18am

I'm 306, and I want "Shippopy" sanged at my funeral.

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#79re: What bway song would you like at your funeral
Posted: 8/4/09 at 9:31am

I am never going to die. Never.

madbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
#80re: What bway song would you like at your funeral
Posted: 8/4/09 at 9:33am

My opinion on this topic is irrelevant. I'm pretty sure my wife is going to have Cell Block Tango played.

"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#81re: What bway song would you like at your funeral
Posted: 8/4/09 at 10:19am

No, Phyllis, you're going to pass instead.
Besty, that made me laugh quite hardly..."Shipoopi." Brilliant!
Husk, that must be it re: What bway song would you like at your funeral

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

AndAllThatJazz22
#82re: What bway song would you like at your funeral
Posted: 8/4/09 at 10:21am

Young teachers are the best!! I had a teacher last year that snuck in her newborn puppy, and she let me (and a bunch of other students) skip 2 or her classes to hang out with her puppy while we watched an R rated movie. Ah, the thrills of public school.

"There's nothing good on. The media hates Christmas. The media loves vampires, though. Maybe they will show a Twilight Christmas."
-Danmeg's 10 year old son.

americanboy99 Profile Photo
americanboy99
#83re: What bway song would you like at your funeral
Posted: 8/4/09 at 10:23am

"No One Is Alone" from INTO THE WOODS

AwesomeDanny
#84re: What bway song would you like at your funeral
Posted: 8/4/09 at 11:04am

"Young teachers are the best!! I had a teacher last year that snuck in her newborn puppy, and she let me (and a bunch of other students) skip 2 or her classes to hang out with her puppy while we watched an R rated movie. Ah, the thrills of public school."

That is exactly the thing that I would complain about. For one, I'm allergic to dogs, so it wouldn't be okay for one of my teachers to bring in her dog. What movie did you watch? The only R-rated movies I've seen were Religulous and Life After Tomorrow. But that is inappropriate behavior from a teacher. I would probably tell the principle. Were the other teachers aware of this? That's one of the things I hate about so many young teachers is they try to be your friend and they talk and get way off topic (just like this thread) and because the teacher didn't teach you, you have to read a whole chapter in the textbook the night before the test. Plus they think that you like arts and crafts a lot, so they make you color, even though you're in middle school and don't like to color, and then you're graded on if you color within the lines as 10% of a grade in social studies class, and you get nothing from the project and you wasted half an hour on getting the best information for your project to find out it was dropped a letter grade because you can't draw neatly.

But on the topic of the thread, I think when I'm in my fifties, I'll make a funeral iTunes playlist. I really don't want people to hear non-Broadway songs that I don't like at my funeral. I'd like Being Alive to be on it. For Good is another song I'd like. Others may include: Nobody's Side (the Idina Menzel version just because of how awesome it is), On My Own, I Dreamed a Dream (NOT the Susan Boyle version... ugh), and if I get married and divorced then I'd play Not Getting Married Today.

StageManager2 Profile Photo
StageManager2
#85re: What bway song would you like at your funeral
Posted: 8/4/09 at 11:11am

Technically not from Broadway, but from a musical nonetheless. For several years now I've wanted "Get Happy" (Judy's version) sung at my funeral. It would be like me addressing the mourners from the grave.

Forget your troubles, c'mon get happy
You better chase all your cares away
Shout Hallejulah, c'mon get happy
Get ready for the Judgment Day!

The sun is shinin', c'mon get happy
The Lord is waitin' to take your hand
Shout Hallejulah, c'mon get happy
We're going to the PromisedLand!

We're headin' 'cross the river
Wash your sins away in the tide
It's all so peaceful on the other side...

Salve, Regina, Mater misericordiae
Vita, dulcedo, et spes nostra
Salve, Salve Regina
Ad te clamamus exsules filii Eva
Ad te suspiramus, gementes et flentes
O clemens O pia
Updated On: 8/4/09 at 11:11 AM

AndAllThatJazz22
#86re: What bway song would you like at your funeral
Posted: 8/4/09 at 11:22am

"That is exactly the thing that I would complain about. For one, I'm allergic to dogs, so it wouldn't be okay for one of my teachers to bring in her dog. What movie did you watch? The only R-rated movies I've seen were Religulous and Life After Tomorrow. But that is inappropriate behavior from a teacher. I would probably tell the principle. Were the other teachers aware of this? That's one of the things I hate about so many young teachers is they try to be your friend and they talk and get way off topic (just like this thread) and because the teacher didn't teach you, you have to read a whole chapter in the textbook the night before the test. Plus they think that you like arts and crafts a lot, so they make you color, even though you're in middle school and don't like to color, and then you're graded on if you color within the lines as 10% of a grade in social studies class, and you get nothing from the project and you wasted half an hour on getting the best information for your project to find out it was dropped a letter grade because you can't draw neatly.
within the lines as 10% of a grade in social studies class, and you get nothing from the project and you wasted half an hour on getting the best information for your project to find out it was dropped a letter grade because you can't draw neatly.'"

I, too, am allergic to dogs...but her dog was hypo-allergenic. All of her teacher neighbors knew that she had brought her dog, but the principal didn't. She did this on one of the last days of school. You usually on the last couple days of school, state tests are done with and students and teachers do absolutely nothing (principals are aware of that). We did have permission to skip those 2 classes, and the movie we watched was 'Love Actually'.

"There's nothing good on. The media hates Christmas. The media loves vampires, though. Maybe they will show a Twilight Christmas."
-Danmeg's 10 year old son.

saveusmike Profile Photo
saveusmike
#87re: What bway song would you like at your funeral
Posted: 8/4/09 at 11:39am

If I had to pick a song from Broadway to be sung at my funeral it would deffinetly either be "For Good" as that song holds alot of sentimental value to me.

OR

Memory from Cats, I think thats another good choice

"Everything in life, is only for now" -Avenue Q

AlgonquinProd2 Profile Photo
AlgonquinProd2
#88re: What bway song would you like at your funeral
Posted: 8/4/09 at 11:42am

For your friend, it would be hard to know what song would fit their life. For myself, when I go I'd like them to play "All That Jazz".

Theatreboy49 Profile Photo
Theatreboy49
#89re: What bway song would you like at your funeral
Posted: 8/4/09 at 11:59am

I would want something sondheim sang at mine. While being male I like the message of the ladies who lunch but would probably opt for being alive or perhaps beautiful from SITPWG. Id definitily want a sondheim song though.

<------ Me and my friends with patti Lupone at my friends afterparty for her concert with audra mcdonald during the summer of 2007.
"I am sorry but it is an unjust world and virtue is only triumphant in theatricle performances" The Mikado

once a month Profile Photo
once a month
#90re: What bway song would you like at your funeral
Posted: 8/4/09 at 12:02pm

La Cage's The Best of Times

Yero my Hero Profile Photo
Yero my Hero
#91re: What bway song would you like at your funeral
Posted: 8/4/09 at 1:12pm

"Waiting for the Light to Shine" from BIG RIVER. Such a beautiful song.

I also love the suggestions of "You Walk With Me," "Without You," and "I Know Where I've Been."

Nothing matters but knowing nothing matters. ~ Wicked
Everything in life is only for now. ~ Avenue Q
There is no future, there is no past. I live this moment as my last. ~ Rent

"He's a tramp, but I love him."

husk_charmer
#92re: What bway song would you like at your funeral
Posted: 8/4/09 at 1:19pm

AwesomeDanny-
Freshman year of High School, our World Geography teacher had us re-create the maps of whatever area of the world we were covering at the time, colored in, etc. They were worth 10% of the grade, and neatness counted. And ya know what? We learned our geography.

Don't discredit a teacher because they're young.

http://www.youtube.com/huskcharmer

noradesmond Profile Photo
noradesmond
#93re: What bway song would you like at your funeral
Posted: 8/4/09 at 1:39pm

Deepest sympathy.

"How Glory Goes" by Adam Guettel.

Audra MacDonald has a medley of that song with "Somewhere" that is extraordinarily moving.

DreamLikeNewYork Profile Photo
DreamLikeNewYork
#94re: What bway song would you like at your funeral
Posted: 8/4/09 at 1:56pm

This is absolutely gorgeous and could definitely be appropriate: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tH962Fy9IU&feature=channel_page

devonian.t Profile Photo
devonian.t
#95re: What bway song would you like at your funeral
Posted: 8/4/09 at 2:28pm

I'm torn between "I'm Still Here" and "There's Gotta Be Something Better Than This". I'll not go quietly!

TIGGOSAURUS Profile Photo
TIGGOSAURUS
#96re: What bway song would you like at your funeral
Posted: 8/4/09 at 4:32pm

The song from Curtains mentioned up-thread is actually called "The Woman's Dead" so it may not be suitable for all. re: What bway song would you like at your funeral

Personally I've always liked the idea of having "Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life" being played at my funeral, even before I saw it being given the song-and-dance treatment in Spamalot.

"The Best Of Times" from La Cage is another good choice I'd consider. I just don't like the idea of melodramatic / woeful 'this is where you should cry' songs if they haven't any particular personal relevance to the deceased...

Seen some shows in my time....

South Fl Marc Profile Photo
South Fl Marc
#97re: What bway song would you like at your funeral
Posted: 8/4/09 at 4:43pm

If I'm buried: Everythings Coming Up Roses.

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#98re: What bway song would you like at your funeral
Posted: 8/4/09 at 4:44pm

"I'll Be There" THE PIRATE QUEEN Hadley Frasier

alightinthedark23 Profile Photo
alightinthedark23
#99re: What bway song would you like at your funeral
Posted: 8/4/09 at 5:45pm

"I'm Alive" from Next To Normal. haha JK.

"It's about the Benjamins, not the Bernsteins."-CapnHook