Hunter Parrish

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#25re: Hunter Parrish
Posted: 8/26/09 at 6:34pm

We'd prefer it if he joined the cast of Naked Boys Singing.
Updated On: 8/26/09 at 06:34 PM

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#26re: Hunter Parrish
Posted: 8/26/09 at 6:35pm

I don't know if even Parrish could get me to sit through that crap.

broadwaytourist
#27re: Hunter Parrish
Posted: 8/26/09 at 6:35pm

You guys see his Cougar video? So funny and it shows he understands my issues!!! Grrrr!!!!!

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#31re: Hunter Parrish
Posted: 8/26/09 at 7:00pm

Hon I didn't post those as I don't want the thread deleted!

TheatreFan4 Profile Photo
TheatreFan4
#35re: Hunter Parrish
Posted: 8/26/09 at 7:25pm

If only that pesky woman wasn't in the way. Or a hot man like Pierre Baitelli.

re: Hunter Parrish

AndAllThatJazz22
#36re: Hunter Parrish
Posted: 8/26/09 at 8:28pm

My god...Hunter Parrish is SO easy on the eyes. He's probably the top 10 hottest stars of Broadway. I, too, love his singing voice. I never did see his Melchior, but the general opinion of his portrayal of the character was not very positive. From what I've read on here, he didn't bring the transformation of 'Man who knew everything' to 'Boy who realized he knew nothing' (as Kyle and Jonathan did do...whom I saw). I hope it's not true! All I know is that he has a wonderful voice (with room for improvement) and... a lot of hotness. I agree with Bobby, Spring Awakening was one of the most important pieces of theatre of the past 5 years. It commented on how humans who ignore their sexuality get themselves into more trouble than they would have if they had embraced it. The idea of parents sheltering kids from their sexuality instead of teaching them to be responsible with it has resonance to today.

"There's nothing good on. The media hates Christmas. The media loves vampires, though. Maybe they will show a Twilight Christmas."
-Danmeg's 10 year old son.

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#37re: Hunter Parrish
Posted: 8/26/09 at 8:30pm

I've read nothing but raves about his Melchior.

ColorTheHours048 Profile Photo
ColorTheHours048
#38re: Hunter Parrish
Posted: 8/26/09 at 8:34pm

I personally loved his Melchior. I think he made the change from "know-it-all" Melchior to "not-so-sure" Melchior very evident and he did it excellently. His voice wasn't as strong as the other Melchiors (as evidenced by the fact that he almost completely lost it by the end of the run), but I think it suited the score the best. And his "Left Behind" is, hands down, the best version. He was certainly the best actor of all the Melchiors and his chemistry with Alexandra was incredible.

AndAllThatJazz22
#39re: Hunter Parrish
Posted: 8/26/09 at 8:34pm

Hmm...other than ClumsyDude's less than positive opinions on his Melchi, I haven't read anything about his Melchior on BWW in general, but if you find some of the threads on here http://forum.theguiltyones.org/
...people's thoughts were less than positive. I really hope I'm wrong though. I truly do like his voice, and I think he's extremely charming and hot.

"There's nothing good on. The media hates Christmas. The media loves vampires, though. Maybe they will show a Twilight Christmas."

legally_popular Profile Photo
legally_popular
#40re: Hunter Parrish
Posted: 8/26/09 at 8:53pm

I really hope he returns to the stage again. He was great in Spring Awakening. He (and his ass) are welcome back on Broadway anytime.

AndAllThatJazz22
#41re: Hunter Parrish
Posted: 8/26/09 at 9:00pm

Here's his rendition of "Left Behind" that we all love.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_s5X6Cj8hY

His "Ooh"s are absolutely sublime. I wish there were a video of him singing the song with the full band. Left Behind, Touch Me, and The Song of Purple Summer were the most well orchestrated songs in that show. Without a doubt, I would say that SA, Sweeney Todd (Doyle), WIld Party (LaChiusa), and Company (Doyle) were the most well orchestrated shows of the 2000's. It's a shame that SA's final orchestrations were never properly recorded.

ColorTheHours048 Profile Photo
ColorTheHours048
#42re: Hunter Parrish
Posted: 8/26/09 at 9:14pm

ClumsyDude and the posters on theguiltyones are all die-hards for SA. I, myself, am a huuuuge fan, but I was also one of the few who preferred the final cast over the OBC.

AndAllThatJazz22
#43re: Hunter Parrish
Posted: 8/26/09 at 9:25pm

As an ensemble, the final cast was a lot cleaner.

AKTFan Profile Photo
AKTFan
#44re: Hunter Parrish
Posted: 8/27/09 at 12:07am

What aboout Hunter taking over from Aaron when he finishes his N2N run? I agree about is version of "Left Behind".... fantastic.

Kev Profile Photo
Kev
#45re: Hunter Parrish
Posted: 8/27/09 at 12:25am

ColorTheHours048, I'll echo your sentiments on Parrish's Melchior. He found the perfect balance in Melchior's confidence and insecurity. His chemistry with Alexandra Socha was sublime and "Left Behind" was always his best number.

That said, as evidenced by his vocal fatigue and strain throughout his run in Spring, he does not have the vocal chops for Gabe in N2N. Though I can only imagine what he'd bring to the table in terms of acting.

I'd like to see him back on Broadway sooner than later.

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#38re: Hunter Parrish
Posted: 8/27/09 at 12:35am

Here's his rendition of "Left Behind" that we all love.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_s5X6Cj8hY

He's very into it, but wow, he's VERY off key. I guess Jon Groff had the same problem, major pitch problems.

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#39re: Hunter Parrish
Posted: 8/27/09 at 12:37am

When Forbidden Broadway comes back they should do a parody called "The Pitch of Living".

DRSisLove Profile Photo
DRSisLove
#40re: Hunter Parrish
Posted: 8/27/09 at 12:56am

I really did not like his Melchior.
Some people really liked it, and some people don't, but I am definitely in the category that don't. His acting was not anything special, and dear God his voice was horrible during the show. I believe I saw him five times (if my count is correct) and every single time his voice cracked in at least three places. The performance he gave closing night was laughable.

TheatreFan4 Profile Photo
TheatreFan4
#41re: Hunter Parrish
Posted: 8/27/09 at 1:20am

Obviously he wasn't THAT much of an issue if you sat through it 5 times.

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#42re: Hunter Parrish
Posted: 8/27/09 at 1:21am

I don't know that he should replace Tveit in NEXT TO NORMAL. I actually would love to see if he could do a play. He's gotten so good in WEEDS--unlike his younger brother in the show--I'd love to see him have a great career not only in Hollywood but on Broadway as well, both in plays and musicals.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#43re: Hunter Parrish
Posted: 8/27/09 at 7:20am

bobbybuddy...he could act the role of Melchior..but sing..forget it..he was not at the level he should have beeen..he was fine..but nothing compared to Groff, Kyle, Matt Doyle, or Jesse Swenson

DRSisLove Profile Photo
DRSisLove
#44re: Hunter Parrish
Posted: 8/27/09 at 8:39am

"Obviously he wasn't THAT much of an issue if you sat through it 5 times."
Trust me, it was.

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#45re: Hunter Parrish
Posted: 8/27/09 at 8:44am

i only saw the show once when he was in it..with the "new class"

CRS14 Profile Photo
CRS14
#46re: Hunter Parrish
Posted: 8/27/09 at 12:19pm

I thought his acting, especially during the graveyard scene, was the best of the three I've seen (Groff and Riabko). His singing wasn't the best, but it was more than tolerable.

I'm sure he'll be back at some point.

At least you're not alone - your friends are there too.

aasjb4ever Profile Photo
aasjb4ever
#47re: Hunter Parrish
Posted: 9/5/10 at 9:43pm

I recently spent the past week watching weeds sequentially and seeing hunter led me to watch some clips of him in SA on "that site" and i think he did a great job and I'm kicking myself that I missed him in it. His aggressive, rape-y take on "I believe" was very creative and he made his mark on that role.

End rant.