pixeltracker

Kelli O'Hara Singing "God Bless America"

Kelli O'Hara Singing "God Bless America"

hmpeterson Profile Photo
hmpeterson
#1Kelli O'Hara Singing "God Bless America"
Posted: 11/9/09 at 11:29am

Have you guys had a chance to see this yet? It gives me chills every time I watch it. This is the BEST rendition of God Bless America I have ever heard since Kate Smith. What an amazing performance. Kelli Rocks!!!!!

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/STAGE_TUBE_SOUTH_PACIFICs_Kelli_OHara_Sings_at_World_Series_Game_6_20000101

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#2re: Kelli O'Hara Singing 'God Bless America'
Posted: 11/9/09 at 11:33am

Awwww, that was fantastic!!!!!

BroadwayBound062 Profile Photo
BroadwayBound062
#2re: Kelli O'Hara Singing 'God Bless America'
Posted: 11/9/09 at 11:57am

Loved it!

Genius lasts longer than beauty.

hmpeterson Profile Photo
hmpeterson
#3re: Kelli O'Hara Singing 'God Bless America'
Posted: 11/9/09 at 12:26pm

I love the guy in the video who says "Wow, what a voice!"

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#4re: Kelli O'Hara Singing 'God Bless America'
Posted: 11/9/09 at 12:28pm

I was pretty peeved when FOX cut to commercial instead or airing this. I was had the impression that the song is to be televised for every national game. Poor Kelli deserved to have a national audience for this. Boo on Fox.

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#5re: Kelli O'Hara Singing 'God Bless America'
Posted: 11/9/09 at 12:43pm

Eris, it's not usually the case that they broadcast the singing of the national anthem and God Bless America before every game. It is something that is usually done prior to most nationally televised playoff games or championship games regardless of the sport and even then it is up to the discretion of the network. Sometimes they would rather show ads over the national anthem or God Bless America. However, there are situations where they don't need to show an ad over the singing of either of those two songs. An example of this is when Fox showed the cast of Glee singing the national anthem. This is because of the fact that Glee is shown on Fox as was that particular game so there was no need for Fox to cut to a commercial break at that particular time.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#6re: Kelli O'Hara Singing 'God Bless America'
Posted: 11/9/09 at 12:57pm

Ug, Winston...did you read my whole post before responding?

If you'll reread my post you'll see that I did make mention of national games games airing the songs. I'm well aware that the anthem and God Bless America are not aired for EVERY game. Most stadiums don't even play God Bless America during the regular season (they opt for Take Me Out to the Ballgame). But they almost always are aired for every nationally televized game (playoff games and All Star Game). This has nothing to do with Glee being on Fox. Last year Taylor Swift sang at a World Series game. Does she have a television show on Fox? Not the last time I checked. They showed God Bless America being sung on previous nights. Why not air Kelli? They probably figured that Joe from East Gabip wouldn't know who Kelli O'Hara was so they opted to not air her. But they did a great disservice to Kelli and to Joe from East Gabip.

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".

hmpeterson Profile Photo
hmpeterson
#7re: Kelli O'Hara Singing 'God Bless America'
Posted: 11/9/09 at 2:12pm

Winston, The National Anthem is ALWAYS shown at the beginning of games for the World Series....that is not at FOX's discretion. As for God Bless America, which by the way is sung during the 7th inning stretch, not the beginning of game, they had shown it in other previous games. In the other games, it was usually service men and women who were singing it (and very nice renditions BTW!!!)

So I, like Eris, was very disappointed and confused when Kelli's version wasn't broadcast. Especially considering it was the greatest rendition EVER!!!!!

MusicSnob1 Profile Photo
MusicSnob1
#8re: Kelli O'Hara Singing 'God Bless America'
Posted: 11/9/09 at 3:17pm

Eris and Peterson - I guess I can't expect much when the majority on here don't even follow sports. Winston seems to be completely unaware of standard procedure. Oy!

Anyway, she was absolutely fantastic and beautiful. Along with Eris, I also was unhappy to see that they failed to air her performance. What a shame.

When I think about you, I touch myself.

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#9re: Kelli O'Hara Singing 'God Bless America'
Posted: 11/9/09 at 3:36pm

Eris and Peterson - I guess I can't expect much when the majority on here don't even follow sports. Winston seems to be completely unaware of standard procedure. Oy!

It's one thing to be unaware of procedure and another to pretend to be aware and be wrong.

onedaymore Profile Photo
onedaymore
#10re: Kelli O'Hara Singing 'God Bless America'
Posted: 11/9/09 at 5:11pm

That was beautiful!! I told her she was my Broadway Idol at the after show signing at Ravinia...and I still stand by it!!

Whoever says money can't buy happiness simply didn't know where to shop. - Bo Derek

shira467 Profile Photo
shira467
#11re: Kelli O'Hara Singing 'God Bless America'
Posted: 11/10/09 at 8:19am

Chills.

Deet: Shira, I Love You!

NYadgal Profile Photo
NYadgal
#12re: Kelli O'Hara Singing 'God Bless America'
Posted: 11/12/09 at 9:34pm

Brava!

"Two drifters off to see the world. There's such a lot of world to see. . ."

viola13
#13re: Kelli O'Hara Singing 'God Bless America'
Posted: 11/13/09 at 2:48am

My uncle, who, while he enjoys theatre, doesn't see shows all that often, bought South Pacific tickets after hearing Kelli. Seriously. And was asking me about other shows she's done and her solo album. lol.

Q
#14re: Kelli O'Hara Singing 'God Bless America'
Posted: 11/13/09 at 9:15am

As good as it gets.

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#15re: Kelli O'Hara Singing 'God Bless America'
Posted: 11/13/09 at 12:23pm

My uncle, who, while he enjoys theatre, doesn't see shows all that often, bought South Pacific tickets after hearing Kelli. Seriously. And was asking me about other shows she's done and her solo album. lol.

Ug, see how much good a national broadcast would have done? If one person who saw it online ran out and got tickets to SP after hearing her sing I wonder how many people who are planning NYC trips might have included SP in their trip? Or bought albums she sings on?