Papermill Peter Pan Casting

jpsings
#1Papermill Peter Pan Casting
Posted: 12/1/09 at 4:02pm

Actor's Equity has announced EPA's for Papermill Playhouse's Peter Pan!, who would you want in your Peter Pan Papermill dream cast?

Peter Pan:
Captain Hook/Mr. Darling:
Wendy Darling:
Tiger Lilly:
Smee:
Mrs. Darling:
Lost Boys:
Nana:
John Darling/Michael Darling: Non-Union

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#2re: Papermill Peter Pan Casting
Posted: 12/1/09 at 4:26pm

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if they got Rigby. She's done it regionally before, and clearly still enjoys the gig.

Schmerg_The_Impaler Profile Photo
Schmerg_The_Impaler
#2re: Papermill Peter Pan Casting
Posted: 12/1/09 at 5:41pm

I'd LOVE to see Christopher Sieber as Captain Hook! I'd also like to see John Treacy Egan as Smee. And how about Allison Case as Peter Pan?

In my pants, she has burst like the music of angels, the light of the sun! --Marius Pantsmercy

D2 Profile Photo
D2
#3re: Papermill Peter Pan Casting
Posted: 12/1/09 at 5:51pm

Cast it with "The Go-To Girls:"

Peter Pan: Bernadette Peters
Captain Hook/Mr. Darling: Patti LuPone
Wendy Darling: Sutton Foster
Tiger Lilly: Mara Davi
Smee: Donna Murphy
Mrs. Darling: Audra McDonald
Lost Boys: Haven Burton, Emma Zaks, Bailey Hanks, Autumn Hurlbert
Nana: Saycon Sengbloh
John Darling/Michael Darling: Stephanie J. Block & Jennifer Damiano

Cheyenne Jackson tickled me. AFTER ordering SoMMS a drink but NOT tickling him, and hanging out with Girly in his dressing room (where he DIDN'T tickle her) but BEFORE we got married. To others. And then he tweeted Boobs. He also tweeted he's good friends with some chick on "The Voice" who just happens to be good friends with Tink's ex. And I'm still married. Oh, and this just in: "Pettiness, spite, malice ....Such ugly emotions... So sad." - After Eight, talking about MEEEEEEEE!!! I'm so honored! :-)

Auggie27 Profile Photo
Auggie27
#4re: Papermill Peter Pan Casting
Posted: 12/1/09 at 5:55pm

Please, I bemoan ageist casting, but no more 55-60 year olds as the boy that won't grow up.

How about something shocking -- a boy that hasn't grown up (Clay Aiken?)

I think the show's charms might be re-invented with some youth. Sandy Duncan was remarkable in the early 80s. But I hope they'll be daring.

"I'm a comedian, but in my spare time, things bother me." Garry Shandling

mywonderwa11 Profile Photo
mywonderwa11
#5re: Papermill Peter Pan Casting
Posted: 12/1/09 at 6:23pm

Dear Lord...Allison Case as Peter Pan? Shoot me now.

"Somethin's comin', I don't know what it is but it is gonna be great!"

beautywickedlover
#6re: Papermill Peter Pan Casting
Posted: 12/1/09 at 6:34pm

Cathy says that the Branson engagement that she's doing right now will be her last time playing the role.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#7re: Papermill Peter Pan Casting
Posted: 12/1/09 at 6:41pm

Cathy says that the Branson engagement that she's doing right now will be her last time playing the role.

She said that after the show's last Broadway engagement as well.

brochatkid
#8re: Papermill Peter Pan Casting
Posted: 12/1/09 at 6:53pm

Clay Aiken. I love it!

Basely Tearful Profile Photo
Basely Tearful
#9re: Papermill Peter Pan Casting
Posted: 12/1/09 at 7:04pm

I've heard Shorey Walker is playing the title role.

http://www.shoreywalker.com/

bwaybabe2
#10re: Papermill Peter Pan Casting
Posted: 12/1/09 at 7:11pm

Rigby back in the role...?! This WOULD be a wish come true for me! Since I missed her on Broadway, etc...I have always hoped she would reconsider. I hope it becomes a reality! =D

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#11re: Papermill Peter Pan Casting
Posted: 12/1/09 at 7:15pm

When is all this happening @ Papermill?

Poster Emeritus

bwaybabe2
#12re: Papermill Peter Pan Casting
Posted: 12/1/09 at 7:22pm

OMG! IT IS TRUE! Cathy Rigby is doing it!!! re: Papermill Peter Pan Casting
Mr Roxy, check the link!

One note: Why only ONE day...?! I'm going back to check this out...

http://www.americantowns.com/nj/millburn/events/peter-pan-56-2010-06-03-tm Updated On: 12/1/09 at 07:22 PM

Michael Bennett Profile Photo
Michael Bennett
#13re: Papermill Peter Pan Casting
Posted: 12/1/09 at 7:27pm

Rigby is apparently also doing it in China next year. Her husband said recently that Rigby does the role for one reason now - the paycheck,

darquegk Profile Photo
darquegk
#14re: Papermill Peter Pan Casting
Posted: 12/1/09 at 8:29pm

While it's true that only Jack Nosworthy has been a male Peter, I've always thought Martin Short would be great in the part.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#15re: Papermill Peter Pan Casting
Posted: 12/1/09 at 8:38pm

While it's true that only Jack Nosworthy has been a male Peter, I've always thought Martin Short would be great in the part.

If I'm not mistaken, Robert Johanson cast himself as Peter the last time Papermill did the show.

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#16re: Papermill Peter Pan Casting
Posted: 12/1/09 at 8:40pm

Allison Case can't even perform HAIR right now; she's on medical leave. No way she could handle the physical demands of Peter Pan.

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

BwayTday Profile Photo
BwayTday
#17re: Papermill Peter Pan Casting
Posted: 12/1/09 at 8:43pm

I don't know... I like D2's idea :)

singtopher Profile Photo
singtopher
#18re: Papermill Peter Pan Casting
Posted: 12/1/09 at 8:43pm

bwaybabe- sorry to burst your bubble, but I wouldn't trust that site for casting info. They aren't affiliated with Papermill. They are simply promoting the event, and they probably google searched for an image, and that is what they got.

"If this is going to be a Christian nation that doesn't help the poor, either we have to pretend that Jesus was just as selfish as we are, or we've got to acknowledge that He commanded us to love the poor and serve the needy without condition and then admit that we just don't want to do it." -Stephen Colbert

bwaybabe2
#19re: Papermill Peter Pan Casting
Posted: 12/3/09 at 5:13am

Ahhh! Thanks for the heads up, singtopher. I thought since she was only announced for one day (and it seems to be running from June 2-27), that it might be true. You are probably right...I forgot this is the Net ={
Not happy...

singtopher Profile Photo
singtopher
#20re: Papermill Peter Pan Casting
Posted: 12/3/09 at 11:18am

I assume you've already seen it, but Rigby's performance was immortalized on tape by A&E a few years back.

"If this is going to be a Christian nation that doesn't help the poor, either we have to pretend that Jesus was just as selfish as we are, or we've got to acknowledge that He commanded us to love the poor and serve the needy without condition and then admit that we just don't want to do it." -Stephen Colbert

bwaybabe2
#21re: Papermill Peter Pan Casting
Posted: 12/4/09 at 2:54am

I know, but for me, there's nothing like seeing it live onstage. The experience is just not the same :[

NYC_or_Bust Profile Photo
NYC_or_Bust
#22re: Papermill Peter Pan Casting
Posted: 12/4/09 at 3:17am

So basically what I gather from Shorey Walker's website; she basically would rather play Cathy Rigby than play Peter Pan or the cat in the hat. Maybe she'll wanna play M'lynn in Steel Magnolias or perhaps if Shorey ever creates a time machine, she can go back and train for the 1968 Olympics.

I adore the black band holding on the Phantom's mask. ~ Jenna2