pixeltracker

In The Heights Corbin Bleu Tickets

In The Heights Corbin Bleu Tickets

linklarkinlovesme
#1In The Heights Corbin Bleu Tickets
Posted: 2/3/10 at 4:04pm

Hey everyone. My boyfriend and I want to see In the Heights with Corbin Bleu in the next few weeks and I am struggling to find tickets that are reasonably priced. My first question is, how is the lottery? I know some shows are harder to win than others, but what are the chances of winning In the Heights lottery and what days/times are the best for winning? Also, I heard rear mezzanine seats are pretty awful and have poor acoustics... what are the furthest seats that are still decent? Any other idea on how to get cheaper, but decent seats? Thanks!

taylorPHENOMENON2 Profile Photo
taylorPHENOMENON2
#2In The Heights Corbin Bleu Tickets
Posted: 2/3/10 at 4:13pm

It's been at least 50 people at the lottery and I've been there the past two sundays and last tuesday. I'm sure tuesday or thursday would be the easiest.

The rear mezz seats at the Richard Rodgers are not awful at all.

rmusic11322
#2In The Heights Corbin Bleu Tickets
Posted: 2/3/10 at 4:14pm

According to the In The Heights website, the best performance to do the lottery is on Monday.

kdek004
#3In The Heights Corbin Bleu Tickets
Posted: 2/3/10 at 4:33pm

They discount the rear mezz online to $40--not great seats but at least you can buy in advance...

kdek004
#4In The Heights Corbin Bleu Tickets
Posted: 2/3/10 at 4:33pm

They discount the rear mezz online to $40--not great seats but at least you can buy in advance...

taylorPHENOMENON2 Profile Photo
taylorPHENOMENON2
#5In The Heights Corbin Bleu Tickets
Posted: 2/3/10 at 4:39pm

I forgot to mention that they have frequently offered a lottery loser discount - $41.50 rear orch seats.

MunchkininOZ629 Profile Photo
MunchkininOZ629
#6In The Heights Corbin Bleu Tickets
Posted: 2/3/10 at 8:01pm

^I was gonna mention that also but wasn't sure if they were still doing that. Do they offer that all the way up to the performance or only for like thirty minutes or something?

legally_popular Profile Photo
legally_popular
#7In The Heights Corbin Bleu Tickets
Posted: 2/3/10 at 10:41pm

The rear mezz seats are not bad at all. The two times I've seen the show were from the very last row in the theater and the first row (from the lottery) and I've thoroughly enjoyed the show both times.

If they are still offering lotto loser discounts for the same price as the rear mezz though, you might as well give the lotto a shot first.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#8In The Heights Corbin Bleu Tickets
Posted: 2/4/10 at 4:58am

According to a friend of mine the rear mezz was not bad at all.

Did you check B'way box for discounts?

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

KirbyCat
#9In The Heights Corbin Bleu Tickets
Posted: 2/4/10 at 5:53am

Rear orchestra seats are HORRID though. Sat there for Tarzan and only saw the bottom third of the stage. (I missed a lot of the show, but by the second song, I really didn't give a sh*t any more haha)

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#10In The Heights Corbin Bleu Tickets
Posted: 2/4/10 at 12:49pm

Last time I was in the rear orchestra was for Tarzan. However, Disney put little video screens on the overhang that gave a full view of the stage to us who were in partial view.

However, due to that overhang, the seats in the rear orchestra are not as good compared to the rear Mezz. I remember the first time I saw In The Heights I was upstairs and back a little bit and remembered having a great view of everything. Actually, I think it is better then the lottery front row seats. I say this because there is a lot of action going on on the stage and it can be a little busy and hard to see up front. But, the view is better when your a little farther from it.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

kdek004
#11In The Heights Corbin Bleu Tickets
Posted: 2/4/10 at 2:01pm

I just used the theatermania discount a couple weeks back and got good seats - http://www.theatermania.com/broadway/discount-tickets/in-the-heights_135799/, it's nice doing it that way b/c you can buy in advance, if you're gonna do lotto loser anyway

QuiteSo Profile Photo
QuiteSo
#12In The Heights Corbin Bleu Tickets
Posted: 8/1/10 at 1:54pm

Just bumping this - can anyone give a recent lotto report please? :)

Merrily we roll along, roll along...

rmusic11322
#13In The Heights Corbin Bleu Tickets
Posted: 8/1/10 at 2:21pm

I did lotto yesturday and lost. There were about 50 or more people there. I think my friend who helped me out was called first, but the entry was thrown out because of bad hand writing. I got a seat, right orchestra G22, with the lotto loser discount - $41.50. Although the seat wasn't that much a partial view, I couldn't fully see the salon.

perfectlymarvelous Profile Photo
perfectlymarvelous
#14In The Heights Corbin Bleu Tickets
Posted: 8/1/10 at 6:23pm

I don't know if this is a possibility for you, but I got a ticket from TKTS for I believe $65 and the seat was very nice...they seem to be up on TKTS regularly.

madbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
#15In The Heights Corbin Bleu Tickets
Posted: 8/1/10 at 6:25pm

My daughter and I lost the lottery last Saturday (7/24). We were able to get 'lottery loser' tickets in one of the boxes for $41.50 each.

"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson

matty159 Profile Photo
matty159
#16In The Heights Corbin Bleu Tickets
Posted: 8/1/10 at 6:36pm

A bunch of friends and me ended up with the lottery loser seats in a box (the upper box on the left of the house) about a year ago. Don't do it. They were horrid and ruined the whole experience for me as we couldn't see squat for the first act. The house manager moved us for the second act to the orchestra (far right), but at that point I couldn't buy in to it. Just a warning.

angelplays
#17In The Heights Corbin Bleu Tickets
Posted: 8/1/10 at 6:41pm

"I did lotto yesturday and lost. There were about 50 or more people there. I think my friend who helped me out was called first, but the entry was thrown out because of bad hand writing."

Just as a note, printing is always the best option. :)

rmusic11322
#18In The Heights Corbin Bleu Tickets
Posted: 8/1/10 at 6:56pm

^ The sad thing is that he did write in print. Haha!

angelplays
#19In The Heights Corbin Bleu Tickets
Posted: 8/1/10 at 7:16pm

^ Oy! That's scary!

legally_popular Profile Photo
legally_popular
#20In The Heights Corbin Bleu Tickets
Posted: 8/1/10 at 9:57pm

I did lotto today and there were over 50 people there. They still gave out lotto loser seats - which seemed to be mostly in the rear orch. I was in Row U. I was worried that the overhang would obstruct my view of the fire escapes and people in the windows up top and the stairs in the back, but my view was fine. Maybe the 2 or 3 rows behind me were a little obstructed though.