pixeltracker

Spiderman Preview Thread!- Page 7

Spiderman Preview Thread!

Katurian2 Profile Photo
Katurian2
#150Spiderman Preview Thread!
Posted: 11/28/10 at 8:32pm

ssuperheroes:

Intermission...awesome, ambitious, funny and wow according to my 8 yr old son #turnoffthedark

"Are you sorry for civilization? I am sorry for it too." ~Coast of Utopia: Shipwreck

nexttotheheights Profile Photo
nexttotheheights
#151Spiderman Preview Thread!
Posted: 11/28/10 at 8:33pm

How long does everyone think they can stay open with a million dollar budget?

For those who thought NEXT TO NORMAL wouldn't have a life outside Broadway, well it's now playing in 4 cities, 9 different countries and has been translated into 6 languages.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#152Spiderman Preview Thread!
Posted: 11/28/10 at 8:33pm

A quote for the marquee -

"My 8 year old loves it!"
-Twitter

masb19872
#153Spiderman Preview Thread!
Posted: 11/28/10 at 8:34pm

ssuperheroes Simply Superheroes
Intermission...awesome, ambitious, funny and wow according to my 8 yr old son #turnoffthedark
avantgame Jane McGonigal
Show so far is a cross between Cirque du soleil, the LXD, Scream (really) and comic books. Everyone trying hard.
nyindieguy Ira Deutchman
#Spiderman: at intermission after several technical delays. But tech issues are not the only things that need work. More to come..

Katurian2 Profile Photo
Katurian2
#154Spiderman Preview Thread!
Posted: 11/28/10 at 8:35pm

I'd see it on that quote! X) Eight year olds know more about superheros and comic book fun than anyone!

"Are you sorry for civilization? I am sorry for it too." ~Coast of Utopia: Shipwreck

Dollypop
#155Spiderman Preview Thread!
Posted: 11/28/10 at 8:35pm

>>>"How long does everyone think they can stay open with a million dollar budget?"<<<

Do you have your numbers right? A million dollars is peanuts for a Broadway show these days.

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

bk
#156Spiderman Preview Thread!
Posted: 11/28/10 at 8:36pm

The tweets are pathetic - please stop posting that idiocy.

"Sueleengay: Seems like you're forming some awfully firm conclusions just from a 60 minutes preview piece."

Oh, unlike everyone else saying its "flipping" brilliant without having seen it? I get it.

Read more: https://forum.broadwayworld.com/readmessage.php?page=6&thread=1024930&boardid=1#ixzz16dBOaAYj

n2nbaby Profile Photo
n2nbaby
#157Spiderman Preview Thread!

SCREAM?! WHAT THE HELL! My anticipation just went up that much more. Spiderman Preview Thread! Not even kidding.

romgitsean
#158Spiderman Preview Thread!

I'm so excited to see this show. You guys have no idea. The irony of all this is I have a BWW preview of Taymor's "The Magic Flute" playing to my right, which of course, looks like a gigantic specticle as well. Man, why didn't Taymor direct freakin' Alice in Wonderland? She would've done it justice.

My current voice teacher's nephew plays for this show (what instrument, I have no idea), and of course, he has not said good things. But, my voice teacher is epic (to give you an idea: he saw the original Carrie and played in the early workshops of Lestat, and has been there done that for virtually everything on Broadway) and told me the previews for Titanic were so bad that they had a cardboard cut out ship sail across the stage a few times! Also, don't forget - in Enron, an actor called line!

Spiderman seems to have borrowed the financial problems and projections from Lestat. However, I intend on seeing this in a few weeks, and have high hopes.

I'm not basing a full opinion from the 60 Minutes special or what I've heard in previews thus far, but it looks to be quite a spectacle with some really messy moments, but as well as genuine musical moments. Not to be that guy - but most flops have had that unbalance, thus leading to their downfall.

I personally am excited as hell, and not seeing it will tank or not either way, because there hasn't been enough evidence to sway me, and yes, I will admit as one of the naysayers, I didn't have high hopes, but now I say: bring it on, Spidey! And wish them nothing but the best of luck.

Recent Broadway and Off-Broadway:: Carrie, Merrily, Ionescopade
Next On The List :: Clybourne Park, Once, Streetcar, BOM

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#159Spiderman Preview Thread!
Posted: 11/28/10 at 8:37pm

Wonder what the audience reaction as a whole was at intermission. (Meaning applause)

Just give the world Love.

Broadway Joe Profile Photo
Broadway Joe
#160Spiderman Preview Thread!

I came in expecting to love this show and i hate act 1. The music is ****ing terrible so far. Sorry if i couldnt put it more politely. The green goblin looks terrible. I also dont quite understand why they are making arachne be some greek like god thays singing with peter. Ugh im so dissappointed so far. The effects arent even that great and dont make up for the terrible music. Ill type more up later when i get home.

The Distinctive Baritone Profile Photo
The Distinctive Baritone
#161Spiderman Preview Thread!

Intermission. Visually stunning. The score sucks, but I'm so amazed by the scope of the production I dint care much. Dramatically though, the show lacks bite (no pun intended). So far, anyway. More later.

masb19872
#162Spiderman Preview Thread!
Posted: 11/28/10 at 8:38pm

This guy's been tweeting each time there's a hold:
danielgeneNYC
One of the best parts of Act I is an aerial battle with SPIDERMAN and a villain only a few feet above the audience. My heart was racing.

Sounds like you might not want to get up to go to the bathroom during this show.

There seems to be some discrepancy with the number of reported stops on Twitter. Most are saying four, but a couple of people said 2 or 3.
Updated On: 11/28/10 at 08:38 PM

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#163Spiderman Preview Thread!
Posted: 11/28/10 at 8:39pm

>>>"How long does everyone think they can stay open with a million dollar budget?"<<<

Do you have your numbers right? A million dollars is peanuts for a Broadway show these days.

I think he means the million dollar weekly nut.

LoveAndLight Profile Photo
LoveAndLight
#164Spiderman Preview Thread!
Posted: 11/28/10 at 8:39pm

Anyone know which actress was suspended above the stage?

Katurian2 Profile Photo
Katurian2
#165Spiderman Preview Thread!
Posted: 11/28/10 at 8:41pm

Can we get more details on what is wrong w/the score or story? How much do the different baddies show up? Is the score standard U2 or failing U2? How much is Jen featured in the show?
And what is that ridiculous ribbon dance thing teased for a second on 60 Minutes?

SO MANY QUESTIONS TO BE ANSWERED.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#166Spiderman Preview Thread!
Posted: 11/28/10 at 8:41pm

Just watched the 60 Minute segment. Spider-man appars to land right at the edge of the stage in front of people in the first row. Where is the orchestra?

Dollypop
#167Spiderman Preview Thread!
Posted: 11/28/10 at 8:42pm

You'll have to wait for more detailed info. People can only post short messages during intermission--especially if they're going to the bathroom.

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#168Spiderman Preview Thread!
Posted: 11/28/10 at 8:43pm

I assume Jennifer Damiano

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

nexttotheheights Profile Photo
nexttotheheights
#169Spiderman Preview Thread!
Posted: 11/28/10 at 8:43pm

Let me rephrase my question:
How Long dies everyone think it can run with a million dollar weekly running cost?

For those who thought NEXT TO NORMAL wouldn't have a life outside Broadway, well it's now playing in 4 cities, 9 different countries and has been translated into 6 languages.

strummergirl Profile Photo
strummergirl
#170Spiderman Preview Thread!
Posted: 11/28/10 at 8:44pm

The pit was removed and Reeve Carney's band plays the score.

Dollypop
#171Spiderman Preview Thread!

I have no idea how Long dies. Do you?

Katurian2 Profile Photo
Katurian2
#172Spiderman Preview Thread!

Oh goodness. This will be a test of patience. Off to worship over my Spidey comic collection before I lose it entirely.

C'mon, peeps! I've sent novel-length text messages while in the pooper before! Get those thumbs movin'!

mrscoreymontieth Profile Photo
mrscoreymontieth
#173Spiderman Preview Thread!
Posted: 11/28/10 at 8:46pm

is that random lace dance like those african dudes at the start of act 2 in the lion king....boring and uneccesary, and a little anoying? because thats what it seemed to me.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#174Spiderman Preview Thread!
Posted: 11/28/10 at 8:46pm

Thank you. Now I do remember that his band plays the score. I am assuming they still have the strings featured in the 60 Minutes segment or did they get rid of them?