Weekly SNL thread

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#50Charlieday Night Live!
Posted: 12/11/11 at 6:18pm

Bill Hader's Alan Alda is really amazing!

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#51Charlieday Night Live!
Posted: 12/18/11 at 12:45am

Every single sketch so far tonight has been absolutely FUNNY! Not one bomb. Love Fallon!

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#52Charlieday Night Live!
Posted: 12/18/11 at 12:45am

Every single sketch so far tonight has been absolutely FUNNY! Not one bomb. Love Fallon!

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#53Charlieday Night Live!
Posted: 12/18/11 at 2:31am

It was fun having all the old timers back. Didn't recognize Horatio Sands at first. Amazing what major weight loss and a beard will do!

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!

jasonf Profile Photo
jasonf
#54Saturday Night Live!
Posted: 12/18/11 at 9:46am

That was a really great episode -- loved seeing the old cast. It seems crazy that we can feel nostalgia for that era, but there it is.
The Buble Christmas CD sketch was one of the best of the season - and I loved the Weekend Update show-down!

Hi, Shirley Temple Pudding.

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#55Saturday Night Live!
Posted: 12/18/11 at 10:07am

I loved last night's episode. Only sketch that I thought was pointless was the Beethoven one. But, it wasn't even that bad.

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates

beautywickedlover
#56Saturday Night Live!
Posted: 12/18/11 at 10:45am

Terrific episode last night. Jimmy Fallon is brilliant. Plus, I also thought the appearances of Timy Fey, Amy Poehler, and Rachel Dratch were hillarious.

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#57Saturday Night Live!
Posted: 12/18/11 at 10:57am

I actually LOL'd twice-once for War Horse (and I haven't even seen the show) and once for the Lady Gaga statue.

<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#58Saturday Night Live!
Posted: 12/18/11 at 11:39am

M.I.A. almost made me piss myself I laughed so hard.

AEA AGMA SM
#59Saturday Night Live!
Posted: 12/18/11 at 11:50am

I didn't realize how much I had missed Sulli and Denise, and I LOVED Tim Tebow's big gay crush on Jesus.

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#60Saturday Night Live!
Posted: 12/18/11 at 12:42pm

SNAFU - I meant to ask, last week the puppet in your profile pic was in a sketch. What exactly IS that puppet from?

--Aristotle

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#61Saturday Night Live!
Posted: 12/18/11 at 12:48pm

That puppet I made for SNL about 19 years ago when Kevin Nealon was playing Jim Henson at an awards ceremony. It was supposed to pay homage to Skred. One of the muppets that appeared on the first season. The sketch never aired and the puppet went into storage. It came back two seasons ago in a sketch with Alec Baldwin and the microwave time machine. Had to be rebuilt due to the face that foam rots over time. The sketch made it in but the blue monster did not.
They were having me build a Frankenstein type puppet for that Digital short but the director saw him and decided to use him instead. After 19 years he finally got air time.

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#62Saturday Night Live!
Posted: 12/18/11 at 1:04pm

SNAFU -- What a GREAT story! Glad after all these years that it has a happy ending. Quite amazing, and how thrilling it must have been for you!

--Aristotle

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#63Saturday Night Live!
Posted: 12/18/11 at 1:59pm

Eh, after building stuff for that show week after week for 26 years, the thrill is gone. Though I do have to say, when something is cut after dress it sort of feels like unfinished business.

FindingNamo
#64Saturday Night Live!
Posted: 12/18/11 at 2:23pm

When I saw that puppet last week, I knew it had to be yours.

I watched the first hour of the Fallon episode, will watch the rest later. It was a rock solid, hilarious episode. It's the sort of episode people like Roxy don't watch and then regularly say the show hasn't been funny in years.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

The Josh Profile Photo
The Josh
#65Saturday Night Live!
Posted: 12/18/11 at 2:29pm

I had some high expectations, and I was not disappointed! I nearly squealed with joy when Amy and Tina came on for Weekend Update.

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#66Saturday Night Live!
Posted: 12/18/11 at 10:18pm

NAMO

You have to get over this obsession you have with me. Get a life pal

Poster Emeritus

FindingNamo
#67Saturday Night Live!
Posted: 12/19/11 at 1:05am

[I know he's not referring to me because he famously doesn't read my posts.]

Did Chris Kattan have major work done?

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#68Saturday Night Live!
Posted: 12/19/11 at 1:12am

Certainly looked like it.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#69Saturday Night Live!
Posted: 12/19/11 at 1:17am

Horatio Santz looked great, though!

FindingNamo
#70Saturday Night Live!
Posted: 12/19/11 at 1:39am

I think so too. He was looking like a healthier version of Kevin Smith.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#71Saturday Night Live!
Posted: 12/19/11 at 1:53am

That's who I thought he was for a split second.

Roscoe
#72Saturday Night Live!
Posted: 12/19/11 at 10:02am

I loved the demolition of WAR HORSE -- one of the funniest and sharpest satires they've done in a long time. And coming after the Tebow Takedown, too.

"If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about the answers." Thomas Pynchon, GRAVITY'S RAINBOW "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." Philip K. Dick My blog: http://www.roscoewrites.blogspot.com/

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#73Saturday Night Live!
Posted: 12/19/11 at 10:04am

At first I thought Kattan was a combination of Amy Poehler and Rachel Dratch. It took me a while to realize it was a guy and it was him.

<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES

beautywickedlover