Weekly SNL thread

FindingNamo
#1250Weekly SNL Saturday Night Live Thread
Posted: 2/2/14 at 11:52pm

Yes she did. The last skit that, um, wasted her diversity?

The opening was hilarious. "There's no Denver, there's no Seattle, there's only looooooooove!"

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#1251Weekly SNL Saturday Night Live Thread
Posted: 3/2/14 at 12:19pm

I guess last night's episode didn't leave an impression since I am the first to post about it. I like Jim Parsons, but they didn't give him anything really good. Well, the opening was good. But, it went downhill from there. I wasn't quite getting what was supposed to be funny about the Bird Bible thing. And the elevator sketch went nowhere as well.

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates

Liza's Headband
#1252Weekly SNL Saturday Night Live Thread
Posted: 3/2/14 at 12:27pm

I, too, did not find much funny except for portions of Weekend Update. So that's saying something. The new Update co-anchor is serviceable. Jim's opening monologue/song was painfully awkward.

SNAFU, did we get to see any of your work last night?

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#1253Weekly SNL Saturday Night Live Thread
Posted: 3/2/14 at 12:42pm

Marianne, you got Tonked!

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#1254Weekly SNL Saturday Night Live Thread
Posted: 3/3/14 at 12:56pm

I made the Gusgus costume for Bobby. Funny thing, Bobby was telling us his mother called and said there was a site she found on the internet that had screen grabs of him in all the large mascot type costumes we built him over the vears. He went there and realized it was a Plushy Fetish site!

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#1255Weekly SNL Saturday Night Live Thread
Posted: 3/3/14 at 1:08pm

^ I loved that costume. Actually, Gusgus was the best part of that. The sketch reminded me a little too much of one with Katie Holmes as Tinkerbell.

Funny story about Bobby. A little creepy though for him.

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#1256Weekly SNL Saturday Night Live Thread
Posted: 3/3/14 at 1:09pm

"He went there and realized it was a Plushy Fetish site"

What, and you aren't going to share the link?

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

Jon
#1257Weekly SNL Saturday Night Live Thread
Posted: 3/3/14 at 1:23pm

I kinda liked the Dance Party Killer sketch - so totally random.

Addison D. Profile Photo
Addison D.
#1258Weekly SNL Saturday Night Live Thread
Posted: 3/3/14 at 1:23pm

Thank you, Diva!

You think, what do you want? You think, make a decision...

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#1259Weekly SNL Saturday Night Live Thread
Posted: 3/3/14 at 1:29pm

Don't have the link Diva.

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!

FindingNamo
#1260Weekly SNL Saturday Night Live Thread
Posted: 3/3/14 at 1:31pm

I loved the 12 Years a Slave auditions.

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#1261Weekly SNL Saturday Night Live Thread
Posted: 3/3/14 at 1:54pm

I laughed very hard during that!

The Josh Profile Photo
The Josh
#1262Weekly SNL Saturday Night Live Thread
Posted: 3/3/14 at 4:15pm

I, too, loved the Dance Floor Killer sketch.

"I'm Mark Allen Henry... and God has a plan for me."

jasonf Profile Photo
jasonf
#1263Weekly SNL Saturday Night Live Thread
Posted: 3/3/14 at 6:02pm

I felt the material for Parsons could have been better. The 12 Years a Slave audition skit was my favorite part of the show. Very funny stuff. What WAS that Bird Bible skit? That wasn't funny at all - it made no sense.

Hi, Shirley Temple Pudding.

FindingNamo
#1264Weekly SNL Saturday Night Live Thread
Posted: 3/9/14 at 12:02am

HOORAY! Louis CK is hosting March 29th. Can't wait for a good, funny host!

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#1265Weekly SNL Saturday Night Live Thread
Posted: 3/9/14 at 12:11am

I too jumped for joy when I found out! He will whip them into shape.

FindingNamo
#1266Weekly SNL Saturday Night Live Thread
Posted: 3/9/14 at 12:12am

I looooove The National.

Roscoe
#1267Weekly SNL Saturday Night Live Thread
Posted: 3/9/14 at 12:16am

Lena Whatshername is doing very well so far -- that EVE sketch was excellent.

"If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about the answers." Thomas Pynchon, GRAVITY'S RAINBOW "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." Philip K. Dick My blog: http://www.roscoewrites.blogspot.com/

strummergirl Profile Photo
strummergirl
#1268Weekly SNL Saturday Night Live Thread
Posted: 3/9/14 at 12:22am

Only lurking this thread to get the Roxy beat on Ms. Dunham's performance, who is probably wondering who the hell she is.

FindingNamo
#1269Weekly SNL Saturday Night Live Thread
Posted: 3/9/14 at 12:24am

It's the first time I have ever seen SNL create sketches that essentially are making fun of the host for the only thing she knows how to do. It's like Lorne said, "This week's show should ask one person one question and that question is, 'You think you're the comedic voice of your generation?'"

I don't blame them at all. She needs to be taken down many pegs and they're just the ones to do it.

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#1270Weekly SNL Saturday Night Live Thread
Posted: 3/9/14 at 12:27am

Take an extra nasty pill today did we?

Although I do not watch Girls (wife does) I know who she is.

Next stupid statement ?

I am now on non lurking mode if you are interested .

Poster Emeritus

FindingNamo
#1271Weekly SNL Saturday Night Live Thread
Posted: 3/9/14 at 12:32am

I'm not being nasty. This episode is passive aggressively making fun of Lena Dunham. That's an analysis.

Oh wait, I didn't realize the Roxy post was directed at SG

Updated On: 3/9/14 at 12:32 AM

strummergirl Profile Photo
strummergirl
#1272Weekly SNL Saturday Night Live Thread
Posted: 3/9/14 at 12:53am

I know the 'voice of my generation' clip often gets played over and over about not just the show/character but Dunham herself, but the character was high on opium while saying that.

I'd vouch for Dunham if just for the fact she is a superfan of Elaine May's Ishtar. Listen to her interview with Bill Simmons. She talked about things that I didn't even knew he had an opinion on which made it much more interesting than his usual shtick.

Stupid statement? Forgive me, Roxy. To think the star of a niche show that only the internet really talks about would not be in your wheelhouse. Updated On: 3/9/14 at 12:53 AM

FindingNamo
#1273Weekly SNL Saturday Night Live Thread
Posted: 3/9/14 at 12:59am

"Listen to her interview with Bill Simmons."

Life is tooooooo short. There is not enough time left in my life to not minimize Lena Dunham exposure. To whit, I fast forwarded through the pubescent teenager sketch because what if a meteorite crashes through my roof?

Also, the fact that Mr Roxy does know who she is shows you how OVERSTATED she is.

Updated On: 3/9/14 at 12:59 AM

sabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
#1274Weekly SNL Saturday Night Live Thread
Posted: 3/9/14 at 3:14am

I liked the Matthew McConaughey bit- alright aright,alright already!