Weekly SNL thread

YouWantitWhen???? Profile Photo
YouWantitWhen????
#1350Weekly SNL Saturday Night Live Thread
Posted: 9/28/14 at 3:09pm

If that was the "single woman" sketch on Update - I actually did as well. She was fantastic!

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#1351Weekly SNL Saturday Night Live Thread
Posted: 9/28/14 at 5:36pm

Yes, she played the Relationship Expert.

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!

NYadgal Profile Photo
NYadgal
#1352Weekly SNL Saturday Night Live Thread
Posted: 10/5/14 at 6:13pm

Really?! Nothing from this group on last night's show?

SO much to comment on!

"Two drifters off to see the world. There's such a lot of world to see. . ."

Borstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
#1353Weekly SNL Saturday Night Live Thread
Posted: 10/5/14 at 6:43pm

Whites!!

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” ~ Muhammad Ali

Roscoe
#1354Weekly SNL Saturday Night Live Thread
Posted: 10/5/14 at 6:47pm

Yes, Sarah Silverman's utter absolute lack of talent or anything remotely resembling comic timing is a lot to comment on. Who is that woman anyway? How does she get work? She's the Kevin Spacey of comedy -- there's just nothing there at all. Zip zero zilch. Kate McKinnon wiped up the screen with her just by showing up. Pathetic.

That Joan Rivers sketch has got to set some kind of standard for sheer awfulness. Only Bobby Moynihan got any laughs at all with a clueless Benjamin Franklin.

Good points -- the White people commercial, and the little interplay between Jost and Che about what they can get away with -- "you can have cray-cray."

"If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about the answers." Thomas Pynchon, GRAVITY'S RAINBOW "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." Philip K. Dick My blog: http://www.roscoewrites.blogspot.com/

Someone in a Tree2 Profile Photo
Someone in a Tree2
#1355Weekly SNL Saturday Night Live Thread
Posted: 10/5/14 at 8:05pm

Agree about Kate McKinnon being the best thing on screen last night. So disappointed though 'cause I'm actually a big fan of Sarah Silverman's talent when she's controlling the work-- her completely button-pushing comedy-roasts and talk-show appearances have me guffawing out loud.

Not last night, that's for sure. Yikes.

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#1356Weekly SNL Saturday Night Live Thread
Posted: 10/5/14 at 8:42pm

You would be surprised to know exactly how much control she had over the material.

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!

NYadgal Profile Photo
NYadgal
#1357Weekly SNL Saturday Night Live Thread
Posted: 10/5/14 at 9:26pm

I've never been a fan of Sarah Silverman - and last night did nothing to change that.

"Two drifters off to see the world. There's such a lot of world to see. . ."

Roscoe
#1358Weekly SNL Saturday Night Live Thread
Posted: 10/5/14 at 9:48pm

I always thought it was just a generational thing, that my dislike of the Silverman bitch was just something I was missing, but no, based on last night that stupid skank just has no f*cking talent at all -- seriously, who's she been f*cking to get so far on so little?

"If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about the answers." Thomas Pynchon, GRAVITY'S RAINBOW "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." Philip K. Dick My blog: http://www.roscoewrites.blogspot.com/

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#1359Weekly SNL Saturday Night Live Thread
Posted: 10/5/14 at 11:42pm

Well, Jimmy Kimmel for a while. That is over however.

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#1360Weekly SNL Saturday Night Live Thread
Posted: 10/6/14 at 5:17am

Geez, Roscoe, geez. Yup, if a man does a poor job at something, it's just that the work doesn't suit him, but if a woman does she clearly is a, as you say, "skank" who slept her way to that undeserved position. Well, thanks for giving us that insight into your 19th century mentality.

Yeah, Silverman clearly isn't made for sketch comedy, but I think she still does pretty well with her standup.

Anyway, the big thing for me this week was Michael Che's dramatic improvement over this debut week. Last week I could not believe how awkward, nervous, even incoherent he was. It was hard to believe that Cecily (who, admittedly, never fit on Weekend Update) was being replaced by that guy. He's hardly charismatic, but I thought he was light years better this week.

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#1361Weekly SNL Saturday Night Live Thread
Posted: 10/6/14 at 5:51am

BTW, Silverman wrote the Joan River's Roast. You can't blame the SNL writers for that.

sabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
#1362Weekly SNL Saturday Night Live Thread
Posted: 10/6/14 at 6:23am

well THAt is going to the top of her resume!

Roscoe
#1363Weekly SNL Saturday Night Live Thread
Posted: 10/6/14 at 7:24am

Geez, Horse, geez. I'm certainly an equal opportunity hater. I've often wondered who famed skanks Brad Pitt and Keanu Reeves and Kevin Spacey and Rob Marshall slept with to get to their undeserved positions. Yeah, my post was coarse and unfunny, which means I might as well be writing for Sarah Silverman.

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#1364Weekly SNL Saturday Night Live Thread
Posted: 10/11/14 at 11:41pm

Harvey Fierstein!!!!!
Is this his SNL debut??

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#1365Weekly SNL Saturday Night Live Thread
Posted: 10/12/14 at 12:20am

HOLLYWOOD GAME NIGHT made me cry I laughed so hard. And that was a beautiful tribute to Jan Hooks.

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#1366Weekly SNL Saturday Night Live Thread
Posted: 10/12/14 at 12:28am

STEFONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN.

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

Jordan Catalano
#1367Weekly SNL Saturday Night Live Thread
Posted: 10/12/14 at 12:40am

Oh my God. I honestly don't think I've laughed that hard all year. My head hurts, my sides hurt and I have tears still running down my face.

Jordan Catalano
#1368Weekly SNL Saturday Night Live Thread
Posted: 10/12/14 at 12:43am

Weekly SNL Saturday Night Live Thread

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#1369Weekly SNL Saturday Night Live Thread
Posted: 10/12/14 at 2:36am

It was a very strong show tonight! I have to admit, it was nice to have Hader's energy in the studio.

I have always loved that Shillervision piece! Every now and again SNL used to do poignant pieces like this. Always seemed a nice palette cleanser. I was glad they used it as her memorial piece.

I was of course happy Hader wanted to bring Anthony and Tony back.

Updated On: 10/12/14 at 02:36 AM

FindingNamo
#1370Weekly SNL Saturday Night Live Thread
Posted: 10/12/14 at 3:52am

Last week I thought Sarah Silverman was exactly as clunky as the late Joan Rivers, may god rest her soul.

Hader is just great and agree with Bill Murray's recent assessment that he is better than almost anybody who has ever been on the show.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

beautywickedlover
#1371Weekly SNL Saturday Night Live Thread
Posted: 10/12/14 at 10:48pm

Excellent show last night. I was so happy to see Hader return as host. It was funny from start to finish.

FindingNamo
#1372Weekly SNL Saturday Night Live Thread
Posted: 10/12/14 at 10:57pm

Inside SoCal ruled.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#1373Weekly SNL Saturday Night Live Thread
Posted: 10/12/14 at 11:21pm

39 Cents killed me, my Beck Bennett does a killer Ron Swanson, Stefon was glorious, and I think I'm starting to crush on Pete Davison.

FindingNamo
#1374Weekly SNL Saturday Night Live Thread
Posted: 10/12/14 at 11:32pm

Wow. I bet the Roxys went to bed before it even started this week.

Not to mention, nobody can be made to care about Hozier.
SNL Gets Worst Ratings Ever with Host Bill Hader

Videos