Weekly SNL thread

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#1775Weekly SNL Saturday Night Live Thread
Posted: 1/24/16 at 11:42pm

She was aiight in Ramona and Beezus. 

I think people are being too hard on the Palin stuff.  When the two people in sketch bring satired are already the two biggest effing buffoon assholes in the world, what can you do?  I'm appreciative they put on a show at all whilst they deal with snowmagdden. I thought it started to run out of steam after Update, but so did I, so cut us both a break, okay?  Even though we look great and want to make you laugh for years to come,  we're both 41 years old and sometimes we need to take it easy!

NYadgal Profile Photo
NYadgal
#1776Weekly SNL Saturday Night Live Thread
Posted: 1/26/16 at 5:20pm

Well done with Sarah's jacket!  I squealed with delight.   

"Two drifters off to see the world. There's such a lot of world to see. . ."
Updated On: 1/26/16 at 05:20 PM

FindingNamo
#1777Weekly SNL Saturday Night Live Thread
Posted: 1/26/16 at 5:25pm

Me too.  It was perfect.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#1778Weekly SNL Saturday Night Live Thread
Posted: 1/26/16 at 7:39pm

I was trying to post a video but it kept giving my Facebook info. Here however it a transcript that proves Sara Palin writes the sketches herself. A Satirist's wet dream.

http://mashable.com/2016/01/24/tina-fey-sarah-palin-trump-snl/

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!
Updated On: 1/27/16 at 07:39 PM

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#1779Weekly SNL Saturday Night Live Thread
Posted: 2/7/16 at 10:35am

Thought last night's episode was fantastic. The cast was firing on all cylinders. And that John Rudnitsky Weekend Update bit was bold and hilarious and impeccably performed. Bern Your Enthusiasm is an instant classic.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#1780Weekly SNL Saturday Night Live Thread
Posted: 2/7/16 at 12:18pm

That Weekend Update dance was one of the greatest things I've ever seen on that show. 

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#1781Weekly SNL Saturday Night Live Thread
Posted: 2/7/16 at 3:38pm

Update was quite funny this week! I LOLed a few times during it.

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!

Steve C. Profile Photo
Steve C.
#1782Weekly SNL Saturday Night Live Thread
Posted: 2/16/16 at 4:12pm

Just got around to DVR and SNL, what the what was that Kanye thing? At least Melissa McCarthy was funny in the **** cat skit with Kate McKinnon.

Oh, and seeing an oiled up Beck Bennett was very intriguing! Yowsa! 

I Can Has Cheezburger With This?

FindingNamo
#1783Weekly SNL Saturday Night Live Thread
Posted: 2/16/16 at 4:15pm

I liked the movie audience thing.  And the Hillary/Bush opening.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

Roscoe
#1784Weekly SNL Saturday Night Live Thread
Posted: 2/17/16 at 3:25pm

Vanessa Bayer's demolition of Jennifer Aniston was probably legally actionable.

"If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about the answers." Thomas Pynchon, GRAVITY'S RAINBOW "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." Philip K. Dick My blog: http://www.roscoewrites.blogspot.com/

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#1785Weekly SNL Saturday Night Live Thread
Posted: 2/17/16 at 3:28pm

Vanessa was in TOP FORM in that sketch!

SmoothLover Profile Photo
SmoothLover
#1786Weekly SNL Saturday Night Live Thread
Posted: 2/21/16 at 2:53am

I thought it was one of the stronger episodes of the season. It was nice to have a host that was not glued to the cue cards.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#1787Weekly SNL Saturday Night Live Thread
Posted: 2/21/16 at 12:15pm

I'm in love with Kate McKinnon singing "I Can't Make You Love Me." Someone put her in a musical!

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

ray-andallthatjazz86
#1788Weekly SNL Saturday Night Live Thread
Posted: 2/21/16 at 12:56pm

I have seen Vanessa Bayer's "Rachel from the 1990s" a few times already and it only keeps getting better and better. A genius impersonation, how had she not done this before?

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#1789Weekly SNL Saturday Night Live Thread
Posted: 3/6/16 at 12:11am

Sudekis!

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#1790Weekly SNL Saturday Night Live Thread
Posted: 3/6/16 at 12:16am

Man, I hope that "Racists For Trump" clip goes viral. Genius. 

daisybeetle Profile Photo
daisybeetle
#1791Weekly SNL Saturday Night Live Thread
Posted: 3/6/16 at 11:33am

Loved the Sudeikis Music Man reference about Trump-- "He's a fraud! He's a scam! He's a what? He's a what? He's a flim-flam man!"

ray-andallthatjazz86
#1792Weekly SNL Saturday Night Live Thread
Posted: 3/6/16 at 10:07pm

That was a horrible episode though. The Trump short was the only saving grace.

madbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
#1793Weekly SNL Saturday Night Live Thread
Posted: 3/6/16 at 11:33pm

The Trump campaign slogan should be, "You don't have to be a racist to support Trump, but it helps."

"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#1794Weekly SNL Saturday Night Live Thread
Posted: 3/6/16 at 11:51pm

Not a fan of Jonas Hill. The Monologue was uncomfortable and the rest of the show, just not too funny.

Borstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
#1795Weekly SNL Saturday Night Live Thread
Posted: 3/7/16 at 12:10am

Remember when they invited him to host?

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” ~ Muhammad Ali

Petralicious Profile Photo
Petralicious
#1796Weekly SNL Saturday Night Live Thread
Posted: 3/7/16 at 2:05pm

Jay Pharohs Black Meeting was amazing!  Not sure why he hardly gets any airtime

When They Go Low, I Go High

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#1797Weekly SNL Saturday Night Live Thread
Posted: 3/7/16 at 5:10pm

Jay Pharoh does incredible imitations. When in a sketch comedy bit when he is not doing an impersonation, his comedic timing is off. He is growing and getting better though.

SmoothLover Profile Photo
SmoothLover
#1798Weekly SNL Saturday Night Live Thread
Posted: 3/7/16 at 5:24pm

Hill always has this look in his eyes as if he is afraid people will find out that his talent is very limited. I always feel uncomfortable WITH him.

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#1799Weekly SNL Saturday Night Live Thread
Posted: 3/7/16 at 6:04pm

I have never been so uncomfortable watching the show as I was during his monologue.