pixeltracker

Women on the Verge Cast Recording now available to download !!- Page 2

Women on the Verge Cast Recording now available to download !!

bwayfan7000
#25Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown Cast Recording Now Available to order!
Posted: 3/30/11 at 11:51pm

Perhaps it has something to do with the future life of the show. When it closed so abruptly and after the reviews, I wondered about what they'd do with it next. Maybe they're retooling it already and decided to put Shoes From Heaven back in as the finale. Or maybe I'm just seriously overthinking it...

"Art, in itself, is an attempt to bring order out of chaos."-Stephen Sondheim

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#26Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown Cast Recording Now Available to order!
Posted: 3/30/11 at 11:53pm

^ That's all I can think of as well. "Talk To Me" was a gorgeous little song though. Oh well. Updated On: 3/30/11 at 11:53 PM

bwayfan7000
#27Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown Cast Recording Now Available to order!
Posted: 3/31/11 at 12:06am

Have you ever heard Shoes From Heaven, ljay? I guess we'll all get to hear what it sounded like, but I never heard any of the finales. (The "recording" I have was from the period when there really wasn't one, other than the concierge Crazy Heart).

I hope that this show has some kind of future life, since I love so much of what I've heard, and, with some retooling that they have theoretically already had the opportunity to do, it could be something totally different than what played this fall. I was going to see it when I went in January, but with the early closing, I missed it. It was mostly due to your praise of it, ljay, I even decided to almost see it in the first place!

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#28Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown Cast Recording Now Available to order!
Posted: 3/31/11 at 2:39am

^ I have never seen or heard SHOES. I saw the other two finales though: with and without a song. I preferred it with 'Talk to Me.'

I wish you were able to see the show! It was a lot of fun for me. I wound up seeing it 7 times! Sure there were some flaws, but I liked it a lot. And I think the haters took it way too far.

I think there will be some future life, especially with this cast recording. Updated On: 3/31/11 at 02:39 AM

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#29Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown Cast Recording Now Available to o
Posted: 3/31/11 at 3:02am

Ahh the samples sound fantastic! just pre-ordered mine!

Benanti is still the frontrunner for the Tony IMO.

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

chewy5000 Profile Photo
chewy5000
jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#31Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown Cast Recording Now Available to o
Posted: 3/31/11 at 7:11am

Didn't they say MTI acquired the licensing rights? I hope a lot of professional and community theatres keep the show alive. Still wished I could have seen it, even after reading the reviews. The all-star cast would have been great to see...!!

phantom39 Profile Photo
phantom39
#32Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown Cast Recording Now Available to o
Posted: 3/31/11 at 2:02pm

wow! these clips sound amazing.

"Movies will make you famous; television will make you rich; but theatre will make you good." - Terrence Mann.

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#33Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown Cast Recording Now Available to o
Posted: 3/31/11 at 2:35pm

Love those clips. They are helping with the withdrawal. I loved Book of Mormon ad I believe it will win top awards, but Women on the Verge is still my favorite show of the season and I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of this CD.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#34Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown Cast Recording Now Available to o
Posted: 3/31/11 at 2:47pm

The score is COMPLETELY deserving of a Tony nomination, but sadly it probably won't happen. Yazbek deserves it though.

One other thing I'm worried about. When you click the samples, it seems that the time of the full track appears. For "On The Verge" it only shows 2:45. I'm worried they didn't record Lucia's opening sung commentary: "This is how it starts, you're going along with you life...." etc etc. Oh well. I'm grateful we are getting ANYTHING!!

bwayfan7000
#35Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown Cast Recording Now Available to o
Posted: 3/31/11 at 3:00pm

It's entirely possible that it could get a score nomination, though, I think. Mormon is really the only lock at this point. I don't think Bloody Bloody even has a chance, so that reasonably leaves WOTV, Sister Act, Catch Me and Scottsboro fighting for the last three spots. Unless People in the Picture turns out to be another frontrunner, I think WOTV still has a possibility of a nomination.

phantom39 Profile Photo
phantom39
#36Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown Cast Recording Now Available to o
Posted: 4/1/11 at 1:56am

I'm pretty sure the reviews killed all possible nominations for the show, it got some of the worst in recent memory...

"Movies will make you famous; television will make you rich; but theatre will make you good." - Terrence Mann.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#37Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown Cast Recording Now Available to o
Posted: 4/10/11 at 8:35pm

Sh-K-Boom still says the release date is May 10th, but Amazon has it listed as April 19th. Anyone know which one is right?

wdwfreak Profile Photo
wdwfreak
#38Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown Cast Recording Now Available to o
Posted: 4/10/11 at 8:41pm

May 10th... Fixed on amazon

PiraguaGuy2
#39Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown Cast Recording Now Available to o
Posted: 4/10/11 at 8:43pm

After re-listening to the show, I sort of realized something...Yazbek can't write ensemble numbers, can he? I mean, all the chorus sang in DRS was a lot of "doot da doo da doo" and the only major chorus number in this show is On the Verge. Even songs that scream for backup like Madrid don't have any.

Formerly SirNotAppearing - Joined 3/08

phantom39 Profile Photo
phantom39
#40Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown Cast Recording Now Available to o
Posted: 4/14/11 at 9:41am

Sound clips and new price @ Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004TPJN2I/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=broadcaptu-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B004TPJN2I

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#41Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown Cast Recording Now Available to o
Posted: 4/14/11 at 10:52pm

Ah, the price went back up! lol. Guess they got a lot of sales when it was $9... and it is #1 on the Musicals and #88 on the Pop sales charts! So, since the digital versions say available April 19 (this coming Tuesday) and the CD says May 10 release date, should I expect them to push the digital version release to May, also?

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#42Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown Cast Recording Now Available to o
Posted: 4/14/11 at 10:55pm

and the only major chorus number in this show is On the Verge.

And 'Tangled'.
Updated On: 4/14/11 at 10:55 PM

tkts
#43Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown Cast Recording Now Available to o
Posted: 4/14/11 at 11:01pm

Still not worth it.

Cake or death?

Wishing Only Wounds Profile Photo
Wishing Only Wounds
#44Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown Cast Recording Now Available to o
Posted: 4/14/11 at 11:07pm

Hm, I like the original opening better.

Formerly: WishingOnlyWounds2 - Broadway Legend - Joined: 9/25/08

Just_John Profile Photo
Just_John
#45Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown Cast Recording Now Available to o
Posted: 4/14/11 at 11:35pm

Where are these sound clips on amazon?

phantom39 Profile Photo
phantom39
#46Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown Cast Recording Now Available to o
Posted: 4/15/11 at 2:38am

Here are the sound clips: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004VNECVA/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=broadcaptu-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B004VNECVA

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#47Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown Cast Recording Now Available to o
Posted: 4/15/11 at 4:33am

It's a shame that it seems so much was cut for the recording. I remember reading that a lot of dialogue was recorded, but I guess they aren't using it. And I also assume they want the recording to reflect the final licensed version of the show.

Mattbrain
#48Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown Cast Recording Now Available to o
Posted: 4/15/11 at 8:26am

So Shoes From Heaven is the uncut version of Talk To Me?

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

phantom39 Profile Photo
phantom39
#49Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown Cast Recording Now Available to o
Posted: 4/16/11 at 9:21am

So are they using "Shoes from Heaven" for the final licensed version? Because it's not a "bonus track" on the recording