Normal Heart extending?

tking001
#1Normal Heart extending?
Posted: 6/12/11 at 9:52pm

Would the Normal Heart extend? I ask because they have won so many awards at the tonys

binau Profile Photo
binau
#2Normal Heart extending?
Posted: 6/12/11 at 9:54pm

I hope so Normal Heart extending? .

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#2Normal Heart extending?
Posted: 6/12/11 at 9:59pm

Mantello told someone here the other day they can't extend.

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#3Normal Heart extending?
Posted: 6/12/11 at 10:02pm

They may have to start scrambling for replacements and keep who they can. Theres going to be a lot of interest now.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

thismyshow
#4Normal Heart extending?
Posted: 6/12/11 at 10:02pm

That would be me, I asked even if they win best revival would they extend, he said unfortunately due to numerous cast commitments they cant.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#5Normal Heart extending?
Posted: 6/12/11 at 10:12pm

God I hope so. I want to see this so bad!!!

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Testing1232 Profile Photo
Testing1232
#6Normal Heart extending?
Posted: 6/12/11 at 10:24pm

Just got a ticket to see it again on 7/6-- (Btw, Telecharge having a ton of tech problems tnite !!

bwayfan7000
#7Normal Heart extending?
Posted: 6/13/11 at 12:13am

I know it isn't happening, but I would be very happy if a miracle happened and it did.

"Art, in itself, is an attempt to bring order out of chaos."-Stephen Sondheim

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#8Normal Heart extending?
Posted: 6/13/11 at 12:22am

Saw it for the third time this past Wednesday. Barkin EARNED that award! As did Hickey. Montello did pull off a Tour de force performance (which developed so much since I saw it in early previews). That show never ceases to amaze me on how it can tear you apart yet at the same time be so heart achingly lovely and hopeful.

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!

Clopin73 Profile Photo
Clopin73
#9Normal Heart extending?
Posted: 6/13/11 at 8:20am

surely a few week extension is possible? I say this selfishly as I am in the city the following weekend after it is expected to close. fingers crossed here. If it does extend, it would announce in the next 48 hours to build off momentum.

Dollypop
#10Normal Heart extending?
Posted: 6/13/11 at 8:23am

There will have to be significant re-casting.

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#11Normal Heart extending?
Posted: 6/13/11 at 8:25am

They may have to start scrambling for replacements and keep who they can. Theres going to be a lot of interest now.

Is anyone going to be interested in seeing this production without Mantello, Hickey, Barkin, or Parsons?

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

bandit964 Profile Photo
bandit964
#12Normal Heart extending?
Posted: 6/13/11 at 8:31am

Red didn't extend last year because they knew the show worked so well with the 2 actors, they didn't want to risk it and re-cast. Do you think the same issue is being debated now?

Videos