pixeltracker

New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?- Page 23

New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?

EspinosaRoscioliBlock
#550New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 10/13/21 at 2:32am

At this point Jenny DiNoia has been doing a majority of the shows since re-opening. Lindsay has missed the last 2 weeks. I think Lindsay will finish out her run but I highly doubt she’ll be a long running Elphaba. First of all I think Lindsay Pearce is an incredible performer she’s unbelievably talented, but It’s no secret that shes struggled with the weight of the role and hasn’t seemed to have found her stride in terms of pacing. At the earliest Broadway will have a new full time Elphaba and Glinda by February 2022.

EspinosaRoscioliBlock
#551New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 10/13/21 at 2:32am

At this point Jenny DiNoia has been doing a majority of the shows since re-opening. Lindsay has missed the last 2 weeks. I think Lindsay will finish out her run but I highly doubt she’ll be a long running Elphaba. First of all I think Lindsay Pearce is an incredible performer she’s unbelievably talented, but It’s no secret that shes struggled with the weight of the role and hasn’t seemed to have found her stride in terms of pacing. At the earliest Broadway will have a new full time Elphaba and Glinda by February 2022.

WldKingdomHM Profile Photo
WldKingdomHM
#552New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 10/13/21 at 3:11am

I think Lindsay was out a lot when she first started. I caught her on the third show back, she’s ok; I think she’s better off as a standby…. She can’t handle the role. If anyone has a chance see Jennifer, she knows how to work the stage, and puts 100 percent in.

Updated On: 10/13/21 at 03:11 AM

killerqueen
#553New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 10/13/21 at 4:51pm

I mean lets cut the girl some slack. She got laryngitis (or similar) that kept her out just before the lockdown, and now she's picked up an injury this time. She's just had unfortunate circumstances befall her so far, I think she can be great once she's able to get a run of shows under her belt. Why are we saying she can't handle the role when she's barely even had a chance to do it yet. It's not like she's blown her voice out like certain other green girls of the past have.

hamiltonstradition
#554New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 10/13/21 at 6:01pm

In the playbills, there are now full-page inserts with 'Starring Jennifer DiNoia and Ginna Claire Mason' and "The role of Elphaba will be played by Jennifer DiNoia" on the bottom of the page.

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#555New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 10/13/21 at 6:31pm

killerqueen said: "I mean lets cut the girl some slack. She got laryngitis (or similar) that kept her out just before the lockdown, and now she's picked up an injury this time. She's just had unfortunate circumstances befall her so far, I think she can be great once she's able to get a run of shows under her belt. Why are we saying she can't handle the role when she's barely even had a chance to do it yet. It's not like she's blown her voice out like certain other green girls of the past have."

I saw the first show back and Lindsay was incredible. Jenny is fantastic too. 

killerqueen
#556New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 10/13/21 at 8:26pm

hamiltonstradition said: "In the playbills, there are now full-page inserts with 'Starring Jennifer DiNoia and Ginna Claire Mason' and "The role of Elphaba will be played by Jennifer DiNoia" on the bottom of the page."

I've read a rumour online that Alyssa Fox has come back in to standby for Jenny until Lindsay recovers, but I can't find any confirmation on that anywhere.

theatrekid3302
#557New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 10/13/21 at 9:26pm

Donna Vivino has been posting about leaving Maine for an upcoming project in NYC could it possibly be Wicked.

James Kerrigan2
#558New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 10/13/21 at 9:33pm

theatrekid3302 said: "Donna Vivino has been posting about leaving Maine for an upcoming project in NYC could it possibly be Wicked."

I wish but she probably wont because her sister is now playing the role and it is her time to shine.

On OZ Wiki it says Lindsay is coming back on November 9 and Alyssa Fox will fill in for Jenny DiNoia until then.

QueenTwinnied
#559New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 10/14/21 at 1:09am

I saw Alyssa Fox twice as Elphaba and I wish she got a chance to be principal Elphaba on Broadway. Truly incredible performance.

theatrekid3302
#560New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 10/14/21 at 12:40pm

QueenTwinnied said: "I saw Alyssa Fox twice as Elphaba and I wish she got a chance to be principal Elphaba on Broadway. Truly incredible performance."

Hopefully she gets to perform before Lindsay comes back. She is truly a great Elphaba and doesn't get enough praise. 

Elphaba2019
#561New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 10/14/21 at 11:37pm

Lindsay Pearce just posted this on her Instagram Story

New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?

hamiltonstradition
#562New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 10/16/21 at 12:41pm

Alyssa Fox is on tonight (10/16), 8pm.

theatrekid3302
#563New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 10/16/21 at 11:17pm

hamiltonstradition said: "Alyssa Fox is on tonight (10/16), 8pm."

I heard she killed it tonight. Hopefully she will get to be the principal Elphaba after Lindsay Pearce.

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#564New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 10/16/21 at 11:30pm

Saw the show last night with Jenny DiNoia and truly such an incredible Elphaba. You can just tell she’s been doing this for years (in a good way). I hope Lindsay returns soon, but the role is the possible the most capable hands it could be.

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

theatrekid3302
#565New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 10/18/21 at 3:11pm

Does Anyone think Jackie Burns would ever return to Wicked?

hamiltonstradition
#566New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 10/18/21 at 7:06pm

Lindsay K. Northen will be leaving the show on 10/31/21.

James Kerrigan2
Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#568New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 10/19/21 at 12:01pm

Lindsay’s Glinda performances have always been few and far between one another, but I hope she gets a Glinda show before she leaves. Which is asking a lot, since Ginna Claire, Brittney Johnson, and Celia Hottenstein all have to call out for her to go on.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

KMKJ
#569New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 10/19/21 at 1:23pm

Call_me_jorge said: "Lindsay’s Glinda performances have always been few and far between one another, but I hope she gets a Glinda show before she leaves. Which is asking a lot, since Ginna Claire, Brittney Johnson, and Celia Hottenstein all have to call out for her to go on."

Northen was an excellent Glinda. I do not have a current Playbill handy but, has Northen covered the role since re-opening? She is no longer listed as a Glinda u/s on the updated WICKED website.

hamiltonstradition
#570New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 10/31/21 at 11:37pm

Lindsay Northen has officially left Wicked, and she was not a Glinda understudy in her 2021 contract, just Celia Hottenstein.

Regarding Lindsay Pearce, she will now be returning to the show in December. Jennifer DiNoia will be full-time, and Alyssa Fox will be on standby. 

Another interesting is that Ginna Claire has not missed a single performance that is impressive for a mother of a newborn (her son is barely six months old!). Jenny has a 5-year-old daughter and has only missed two since Lindsay pulled out of the show. Pretty remarkable stuff!

James Kerrigan2
#571New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 11/8/21 at 12:26am

Riley Costello will be leaving the role of Boq next month. According to Mili Diaz’ TikTok Video.

Presumably the same time Lindsay comes back. https://vm.tiktok.com/TTPdYWMnma/

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#572New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 11/8/21 at 12:43am

Aw, he’s so good in the role (and so cute to boot). I’m surprised he’s leaving after the show being on a hiatus for so long and just returning not that long ago. Maybe he’s already got another job? 

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#573New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 11/8/21 at 1:05am

Miles2Go2 said: "Aw, he’s so good in the role (and so cute to boot). I’m surprised he’s leaving after the show being on a hiatus for so long and just returning not that long ago. Maybe he’s already got another job?"

Keep in mind that he also played Boq on B'way for six months before the shutdown. I'm not sure if he has played out his contract or received another job. 

Oh look, a bibu!

EspinosaRoscioliBlock
#574New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 11/11/21 at 8:55am

Wicked’s Munchkinland Tour will be getting a new full time Fiyero replacing Curt Hansen beginning November 22nd 2021. The new Fiyero is someone who has done the role before, very recently. He should be announced this week.