pixeltracker

Confirmed: GHOST THE MUSICAL to Open on Broadway April 2012- Page 2

Confirmed: GHOST THE MUSICAL to Open on Broadway April 2012

Wishing Only Wounds Profile Photo
Wishing Only Wounds
#25Confirmed: GHOST THE MUSICAL to Open on Broadway April 2012
Posted: 8/22/11 at 2:20pm

I would love for Caissie to transfer, but if not, I'd kill to see Haven Burton play Molly.

Formerly: WishingOnlyWounds2 - Broadway Legend - Joined: 9/25/08

ClapYo'Hands Profile Photo
ClapYo'Hands
#26Confirmed: GHOST THE MUSICAL to Open on Broadway April 2012
Posted: 8/22/11 at 2:22pm

Molly and Richard? lol

hhaarriissoonn
#27Confirmed: GHOST THE MUSICAL to Open on Broadway April 2012
Posted: 8/22/11 at 2:25pm

Aaron ****ing Tveit.

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#28Confirmed: GHOST THE MUSICAL to Open on Broadway April 2012
Posted: 8/22/11 at 2:28pm

I still get so suprised when so many knock the score. Though i do have to say the first time i watched it i thought the score was OK, the second time i watched it fell in love with it. It's a simple score, very driven by emotion, its modern and fresh and does not really sound to much like a traditional musical score but i think thats it strength rather than weakness, maybe though thats why some dont like the score.

The only songs i dont like are Ball of Wax (i bet you anything that is dropped before Broadway) and Focus.

As for the person who asked about how big the set is. It's mainly video walls that move around the stage but they are large pieces (very clever).

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

kyl3fong2 Profile Photo
kyl3fong2
#29Confirmed: GHOST THE MUSICAL to Open on Broadway April 2012
Posted: 8/22/11 at 2:51pm

I am seeing Ghost in London next month but if Aaron ends up being in this show, I will HAVE to see it again when it opens on Broadway.

AvenueQResident Profile Photo
AvenueQResident
#30Confirmed: GHOST THE MUSICAL to Open on Broadway April 2012
Posted: 8/22/11 at 3:13pm

Good stuff.

A great addition to the new season. I also think this will end up at the Lunt.

Everything in life...is only for now.

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#31Confirmed: GHOST THE MUSICAL to Open on Broadway April 2012
Posted: 8/22/11 at 3:19pm

Molly and what's his name?
What are their ages and vocal range, from the clips Molly seems like a perfect American Idol type female. like a McPhee? Seems like a lot of actresses and actors could fit. Tveit reads too young, right?

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#32Confirmed: GHOST THE MUSICAL to Open on Broadway April 2012
Posted: 8/22/11 at 3:42pm

Well, the ages of the cast in the film were:

Swayze - 38
Moore - 28
Goldwyn - 30
Goldberg - 35

Tveit may be 28, but he barely looks 20 on stage. Not that it's a bad thing, but I think Cheyenne Jackson would be a MUCH better fit for Sam.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

LegallyBroadway2
Elke Profile Photo
Elke
#34Confirmed: GHOST THE MUSICAL to Open on Broadway April 2012
Posted: 8/22/11 at 4:44pm

And the ages in the London production according to Wikipedia... These may give us a better idea of the profiles they're looking for.

Molly - Caissie Levy: 30
Sam - Richard Fleeshman: 22 (wow, he looks older though IMO)
Carl - Andrew Langtree: 34
Oda Mae - Sharon D Clarke: 45

Haven't made up my mind yet about Sam, not sure about Cheyenne Jackson. But I'd be happy to see Levy transfer. Plus Will Chase as Carl please.

frazer
#35Confirmed: GHOST THE MUSICAL to Open on Broadway April 2012
Posted: 8/22/11 at 4:47pm

caissie levy has to transfer! if not broadway would lose one of the best things about the show - her performance is stunning.

inlovewithjerryherman Profile Photo
inlovewithjerryherman
#36Confirmed: GHOST THE MUSICAL to Open on Broadway April 2012
Posted: 8/22/11 at 4:57pm

Richard Fleeshman is 22?!?!??!

Holy geez.

Anyway, as much as I love Levy's work, were I producing the show, I would probably not push for her to come across the pond. Taking her to Broadway probably means a salary raise, and to avoid that, I can think of at least seven actors that could play each of these roles. Leslie Kritzer, Eden Espinosa, Natalie Weiss, Shoshana Bean, Diana DeGarmo, Jennifer Damiano, Haven Burton, etc...any of them could do it - the same applies for the role of Sam (although I do think Cheyenne Jackson is the best choice raised so far). To be honest, I'm surprised they're sticking with Sharon Clarke...why? It's expensive to bring her over here, and she'll probably get a salary bump. Anyone from Patina Miller to Lillias White to Capathia Jenkins could play that role.

If Idina Menzel were younger, she'd be my first choice. She kind of looks like Demi Moore.

Elke Profile Photo
Elke
#37Confirmed: GHOST THE MUSICAL to Open on Broadway April 2012
Posted: 8/22/11 at 5:02pm

^^ Some nice casting choices.

Actually Lisa Brescia just crossed my mind, think she'd make a great Molly too.

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#38Confirmed: GHOST THE MUSICAL to Open on Broadway April 2012
Posted: 8/22/11 at 5:05pm

Laura Osnes will be free by April. She'd be absolutely fantastic.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.

ChenoKahn Profile Photo
ChenoKahn
Wishing Only Wounds
#40Confirmed: GHOST THE MUSICAL to Open on Broadway April 2012
Posted: 8/22/11 at 5:09pm

I actually just thought of Laura Osnes.

I still love the idea of Haven Burton, but I think Sierra Boggess would be a very interesting choice. The more I think about it, the more I like it. Don't know if I'm alone...

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#41Confirmed: GHOST THE MUSICAL to Open on Broadway April 2012
Posted: 8/22/11 at 5:09pm

Lisa Brescia has to be in her mid-forties by now.

How about Kate Shindle? Aside from being a terrific singer/actress, there's more than a passing resemblance to Ms. Moore.

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

Elke Profile Photo
Elke
#42Confirmed: GHOST THE MUSICAL to Open on Broadway April 2012
Posted: 8/22/11 at 5:15pm

Lisa Brescia has to be in her mid-forties by now.

Really? Wow, I'm really no good at age guessing. Oh well.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#43Confirmed: GHOST THE MUSICAL to Open on Broadway April 2012
Posted: 8/22/11 at 5:21pm

Didn't the article suggest that Levy MIGHT transfer but that nothing is official?

It doesn't really matter when her contract is over in London, they let her break it if they want her here. Easy Peasy.

As much as I don't usually care for the movie turned musical type show....I'm actually kind of curious about this one.

BTW....their actual ages don't mean anything, only how they come off on stage matters. I don't care for Cheyenne. His thighs scare the carp outta me.

As I said on another thread: Maybe Aaron's forte is playing dead guys.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#44Confirmed: GHOST THE MUSICAL to Open on Broadway April 2012
Posted: 8/22/11 at 5:26pm

Here's what the article says:

"It's been long anticipated that Caissie Levy would bring the show to Broadway also, but he reports that other recasting is possible."

And going back and re-reading Riedel's article, it says that Fleeshman is being replaced but doesn't mention Levy specifically. Although it could certainly be implied. I thin SomethingWicked's scenario sounds more likely.

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

inlovewithjerryherman Profile Photo
inlovewithjerryherman
#45Confirmed: GHOST THE MUSICAL to Open on Broadway April 2012
Posted: 8/22/11 at 5:30pm

I didn't realize Bonnie and Clyde was a limited run?

well, the point is, any power belter that can act under the sun could play this role. Let's be real. the star here is the material and Warchus's production, though stars certainly never hurt sales.

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#46Confirmed: GHOST THE MUSICAL to Open on Broadway April 2012
Posted: 8/22/11 at 5:35pm

BONNIE AND CLYDE isn't a limited run. I think the poster who made that comment was just making a joke because it's Wildhorn.

And I agree--it's really not going to matter who they get to play Molly. Unless they can get someone like Anne Hathaway it really makes no difference if the role is being played by Levy or Diana DeGarmo or Laura Osnes.

Although I'd actually like to see Teal Wicks in the role.

Updated On: 8/22/11 at 05:35 PM

kyl3fong2 Profile Photo
kyl3fong2
#47Confirmed: GHOST THE MUSICAL to Open on Broadway April 2012
Posted: 8/22/11 at 5:39pm

Whoever suggested Jennifer Damiano, that's an interesting choice. I think she has the vocal capabilities to play the female lead in this show, but isn't she still going to be in Spider-Man come Spring?

As for Sierra Boggess, isn't she going to be in Rebecca which is also opening in Spring 2012?

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#48Confirmed: GHOST THE MUSICAL to Open on Broadway April 2012
Posted: 8/22/11 at 6:00pm

I think Jen is waaaay too young looking for this.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Wishing Only Wounds
#49Confirmed: GHOST THE MUSICAL to Open on Broadway April 2012
Posted: 8/22/11 at 6:03pm

kyl3fong2, you're right! Ah well, wishful thinking.

Videos