pixeltracker

What did you get at the 2011 Broadway Flea Market?- Page 3

What did you get at the 2011 Broadway Flea Market?

BroadwayGuy12 Profile Photo
BroadwayGuy12
#50What did you get at the 2011 Broadway Flea Market?
Posted: 9/25/11 at 9:43pm

I had a really, really great day and was thrilled that the weather turned out nicely. I got:

Windowcards:
Thoroughly Modern Millie ($5)
Next to Normal ($5)
The Motherf**ker with the Hat ($5)

CDs:
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (Part of a 3 for $5 deal)
Everyday Rapture (Part of 3 for $5)
A Catered Affair (Part of 3 for $5)
The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee ($5)
High Fidelity Sampler CD (Free)

Props/Other:
Anything Goes Sailor Hat signed by the cast ($40)
Spider-Man Newspaper signed by the cast ($20)
Spamalot Understudy Slip Notepad ($1)
American Idiot Group Sales DVD (Free)
Side Show Cassette Tape (Free)

I also got a bag at one table late in the day, which you could fill up with whatever you wanted for $5. I got:
Wicked Windowcard
Promises, Promises Windowcard
Spelling Bee Windowcard
Lend Me a Tenor Souvenir Program
9 to 5 Souvenir Program
2 (Different) 9 to 5 T-Shirts
Elling Script

TOTAL: $91

And I went to the matinee of Follies. Good day for me! Already excited for next year!

dshnookie Profile Photo
dshnookie
#51What did you get at the 2011 Broadway Flea Market?
Posted: 9/25/11 at 9:49pm

musicman_bwayfan, here's the apron:

What did you get at the 2011 Broadway Flea Market?

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#52What did you get at the 2011 Broadway Flea Market?
Posted: 9/25/11 at 9:50pm

Was anyone else perplexed by the sudden appearance of so much High Society merchandise? Did they find a box at the back of some warehouse?

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#53What did you get at the 2011 Broadway Flea Market?
Posted: 9/25/11 at 9:52pm

Spamalot Opening Night Window Card
Spamalot Brochure

Playbills
The Frogs
Steel Pier
You're A Good Man, Charlie Brown Revival
Shrek-Think it's the tour cast. There was never a sit down with Haven Burton in Chicago, right?
Visa Guide to the 2005 Tony Awards

Priscilla Queen of the Desert Lip Glitter (Don't judge)
Mary Poppins Cook Book
Beauty & the Beast Ornament-Belle's Dress
A Little Night Music OBC Album
Into the Woods OBC Album
Spamalot squshy cow
Lysistrata Jones Pom Pom
A bunch of junk from the Spin the Wheel thing.
South Pacific cd sampler

My most random purchase of the day:
A personal DVD player. Can't remember who had it, but it was only $20.

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates

musicman_bwayfan
#54What did you get at the 2011 Broadway Flea Market?
Posted: 9/25/11 at 10:00pm

That is one cool apron dshnookie! I'd love to see Patti Lupone wear that.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#55What did you get at the 2011 Broadway Flea Market?
Posted: 9/25/11 at 10:03pm

With nothing underneath.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#56What did you get at the 2011 Broadway Flea Market?
Posted: 9/25/11 at 10:34pm

It was my first time there. I could have gone crazy but knowing I would have no place to store all of the stuff I saw that I wanted, I was pretty good:

A Catered Affair CD for $5.00
Best of BCEFA Christmas CD for $5.00
"PURLIE" Plabill from the Winet Garden w/standing room ticket for %5.00 (My favorite purchase)

By the time I got back to the market (I saw the Final performance of "Facebook Me" this afternoon) everything was slashed in price so I picked up an original "RENT" T-shirt and one of those cool Alvin Ailey bags for a buck each.

I also paid 20 bucks for a signed photo of Debra Monk. She was at the table and signed it righ there. Very nice person. I have met her before.

I wanted a Scottsboro Boys CD and I saw someone wearing a "Caroline or Change" tee that I would have paid 20 bucks or more to have.

Hung out at the auction around the time they were auctioning of the Phantom packages, the Cherry Jones and Angela Lansbury signed pictures and the "Godspell" package. People were spending BIG money! Someone matched the Godspell package and they ended up giving two away for thousands each.

I am not sure what I expected. It didn't seem to be as busy as I expected and there didn't seem to be as many tables as I had expected. I wanted to get my picture taken with Joel Grey but my friend, who was in line for one, called me and told me it had become a fiasco and they bumped up the price to 100 bucks and not to bother, so I didn't.

All in all, it was a fun day!

Just give the world Love.

aasjb4ever Profile Photo
aasjb4ever
#57What did you get at the 2011 Broadway Flea Market?
Posted: 9/25/11 at 10:43pm

Ugh such a bust this year.

-8 Window card signed by Joe Mantello/Jayne Houdyshell ?
-9 Window card (2003 revival)

And BroadwayGuy, I was also at the Follies matinee!

TulitaPepsi Profile Photo
TulitaPepsi
#58What did you get at the 2011 Broadway Flea Market?
Posted: 9/25/11 at 10:46pm

A "Camp Sondheim" T-Shirt from the Kennedy Center 2002 for $ 5.

I agree with Jordan: An odd year. It seemed there were more signed items at every table, (particularly FOLLIES), much fewer odd-ball things and much bigger crowds. It was a total zoo by 10.

"Hurry up and get into your conga clothes - we've got to do something to save this show!"
Updated On: 9/25/11 at 10:46 PM

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#59What did you get at the 2011 Broadway Flea Market?
Posted: 9/25/11 at 10:51pm

I also forgot I got a Broadway Cares magnet with shows listed on it from I guess last year.

I went to the Anything Goes matinee. I got lucky with standing room. Loved it.

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates

kchenofan Profile Photo
kchenofan
#60What did you get at the 2011 Broadway Flea Market?
Posted: 9/25/11 at 10:56pm

I got to serenade the autograph table.

kchenofan's computer is broken right now. This is her fridge. Now, you can leave a message, but say it slowly, so I can write it on a post-it note and stick it to myself.

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#61What did you get at the 2011 Broadway Flea Market?
Posted: 9/25/11 at 11:06pm

I will agree about the signed stuff. Granted, I did end up getting a lot of stuff, but most of the playbills were not to my liking. I also couldn't believe they were trying to originally get the Priscilla lip glitter for $25 for the little containers. I ended up walking away with mine for $5.

Elke Profile Photo
Elke
#62What did you get at the 2011 Broadway Flea Market?
Posted: 9/25/11 at 11:07pm

Another great Flea Market! This is what I got...

Apparel
Promises Promises hoodie $10
Jerusalem cap $1
House of Blue Leaves t-shirt $1

Scripts (paperbacks)
Elling $1
Young Frankenstein $5
Look Back in Anger $2
Merchant of Venice $2
Company $2
Doubt $2

Souvenir programs
War Horse $2
Sister Act $5
A Chorus Line revival $3
Baby It's You $1
The Addams Family $5
La Cage Aux Folles revival $5
Arcadia $1

Playbills (mostly 3 for $1 or so)
Ghetto Klown
House of Blue Leaves (LCT)
Big Bill
The Pillowman
Frankie and Johnny in the Clair de Lune
Rain
The Homecoming
Cry-Baby
Drowning Crow
Curtains
Death Takes a Holiday
An Almost Holy Picture
In My Life
The Norman Conquests
Cymbeline
The Coast of Utopia
Doubt
Joe Turner's Come and Gone
War Horse (signed $10)

Misc
Wonderland pin $1
Bengal Tiger pin $1
Lombardi stress ball free
Lysistrata Jones stress ball free
BBAJ alu bottle (Opening Night gift) $3
8 different sippy cups $20
Godspell tattoo free

tking001
#63What did you get at the 2011 Broadway Flea Market?

I got a bunch of tickets some of which im hoping to trade
see my ticket thread for more info
Both Bway and Off Bway

ArtMan
#64What did you get at the 2011 Broadway Flea Market?

All of of you got alot of great stuff. I especially enjoy reading about the bargains. I don't know too much about the flea market. Are the t shirts, hoodies and cds new? Also Marianne2, I didn't know Anything Goes had standing room tickets. I would like to see this in November. How much are the tickets and do they sell only if sold out? Thanks.

Anakela Profile Photo
Anakela
#65What did you get at the 2011 Broadway Flea Market?
Posted: 9/25/11 at 11:11pm

Anyone know how much the Next to Normal doors were going for?

mikem Profile Photo
mikem
#66What did you get at the 2011 Broadway Flea Market?
Posted: 9/25/11 at 11:12pm

I'm curious -- how much did those Next to Normal photos from the theater doors sell for?

The 11am celebrity table photo thing was a bit chaotic. Jonathan Groff did the photo booth for probably 40 minutes, then they did some of the people waiting for Sutton Foster, then the hour was up and they didn't do anyone else (they made exceptions for people willing to spend bigger bucks).

"What was the name of that cheese that I like?" "you can't run away forever...but there's nothing wrong with getting a good head start" "well I hope and I pray, that maybe someday, you'll walk in the room with my heart"

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#67What did you get at the 2011 Broadway Flea Market?
Posted: 9/25/11 at 11:13pm

The standing room tickets are $30, same as the general rush seats. They are in the back of the mezzanine & you can see well. I'm not sure about protocol for selling them, but they only had 8 today, which I think is all they have. Rush seats apparently depend on what is sold. They also only had 8 of those today.

jds2001
#68What did you get at the 2011 Broadway Flea Market?
Posted: 9/25/11 at 11:17pm

I got a bunch of assorted playbills (I didn't get there until the end of the day, so picking were slim) - but some had tickets in them, some cups from MDQ and Bengal Tiger, a Telecharge thermal mug, about 7 t-shirts - 5 Power Balladz (3 different) and 2 Bengal Tiger (for $5, since it was the end of the day they just said take em for any donation!)

I'll have to get there earlier next year, sounds like folks got some great stuff that I would've liked! :)

ArtMan
#69What did you get at the 2011 Broadway Flea Market?
Posted: 9/25/11 at 11:18pm

Thanks Marianne2. I would have never had thought to ask about standing room. You may have saved me some bucks.

thismyshow
#70What did you get at the 2011 Broadway Flea Market?
Posted: 9/25/11 at 11:23pm

Anyone else disappointed with the Creative Goods table this year, I was amazed that they had produced SO MUCH merch for something as small as POWER BALLADS and seriously.... no pee-wee merch?

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#71What did you get at the 2011 Broadway Flea Market?
Posted: 9/25/11 at 11:24pm

Did anyone see the "This performance of Follies will be performed with no intermission" sign they had? For giggles I asked how much they wanted for it.

The snotty guy (one of the male swings) wanted $1000, said he wasn't going down on the price, and if they didn't get that amount at the flea market, they would put it on ebay because they believed it was worth at least that much. He said, "it's very special." (Really? It's a piece of cardboard)

I find it kind of amusing that they think a piece of cardboard (which you really can't do anything with) would go for that much. What would you do with it? Put the show on in your garage and place that outside?
Updated On: 9/25/11 at 11:24 PM

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#72What did you get at the 2011 Broadway Flea Market?
Posted: 9/25/11 at 11:25pm

When I asked about that sign, I was told it was going to be auctioned off online starting at $2500.

thismyshow
#73What did you get at the 2011 Broadway Flea Market?
Posted: 9/25/11 at 11:28pm

for that price it better be signed by everyone including sondheim.....

Cape Twirl of Doom Profile Photo
Cape Twirl of Doom
#74What did you get at the 2011 Broadway Flea Market?
Posted: 9/25/11 at 11:39pm

i got tons of things from phantom, wicked, and some random stuff here and there, but i went back to phantom table before i went to see memphis, i saw the tony backdrop from the red carpet for the tony's. It said make offer, so i offered them 50 bucks, and they thought there was 2 but it was this huge!!!! one and them gave it to me !!! i was supper pumped!! i think im gonna make shower curtains out of it!

Ahh, so you were the one who bought the Tony step & repeat! That's awesome! I was working the Phantom table and wasn't sure if we'd find a buyer for that one, next thing I know I turn and it's gone! Congrats!

Myself, I only bought a few small items: a Next to Normal t-shirt for $5, a Sondheim Celebration shirt for $5, a framed poster (that I only bought to get the frame) for $5, and a windowcard from A Steady Rain for 25 cents.

I was pretty amazed when Phantom brought in $31,000 at the grand auction!

"It's Phantom meets Hamlet... Phamlet!"

Videos