Who does NOT love GLEE?

once a month Profile Photo
once a month
#25Who does NOT love GLEE?
Posted: 9/27/11 at 8:14am

Me! I not only don't love Glee but I just can't seem to get through an entire episode. I'm sure it's because I'm getting so old. To me, it can't be compared to the grittier Fame when that was initially released...and not to be confused with the mis-guided stage adaptation which was sanitized for a more wholesome audience.

beensince1987 Profile Photo
beensince1987
#26Who does NOT love GLEE?
Posted: 9/27/11 at 8:59am

These "Kids" the show is bringing to Broadway, they text during the shows and pay no minds for people around cause to them, it's another show they are watching at their homes...

Also, "Baby It's You" was bringing people to Broadway so it was very good show and you must love it........

OK :)

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#27Who does NOT love GLEE?
Posted: 9/27/11 at 10:10am

I've written on this board before how I think Glee has just devolved into a way to sell soundtracks and cram in guest stars. Even when it addresses serious issues, it seems like it's pandering.

And it's not really "exposing kids to Broadway". It's exposing kids to Broadway shows that are already well-known. Exposing them to Hairspray, Wicked, West Side Story, Les Mis? Totally daring! And most of the time, the only thing the show is exposing kids to is covers of songs that were popular the week before.

If they did an all-Sondheim episode, then maybe I wouldn't think they were trying to just sell CDs as much. But they'd never do that. They'll do another Lady Gaga episode.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

alterego Profile Photo
alterego
#28Who does NOT love GLEE?
Posted: 9/27/11 at 10:19am

Me!

themysteriousgrowl Profile Photo
themysteriousgrowl
#29Who does NOT love GLEE?
Posted: 9/27/11 at 10:21am

I remember how exciting the buzz on this show was. Finally, a primetime TV show for people who love musical theater! Then the pilot aired. It was so, so disappointing.

CHURCH DOOR TOUCAN GAY MARKETING PUPPIES MUSICAL THEATER STAPLES PERIOD OIL BITCHY SNARK HOLES

bwaydreamer
#30Who does NOT love GLEE?
Posted: 9/27/11 at 10:30am

Most people in NYC don't like Glee. Its bad writing, bad acting, and everyone who has been around Lea Michele in anyway ever knows she is one of the worst people ever.

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#31Who does NOT love GLEE?
Posted: 9/27/11 at 11:12am

It's a fun show, in my opinion. There were lot more misses last season than the first though. But, I did enjoy this season's premiere.

That said, I always find these threads hilarious. Nobody gives a crap that you don't like the show. Just like you shouldn't give a crap to those who do. I'm sure there are lots of things we would all disagree on, but never will get talked about because it's not Glee.

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates

doodlenyc Profile Photo
doodlenyc
#32Who does NOT love GLEE?
Posted: 9/27/11 at 11:28am

"Most people in NYC don't like Glee."

Where is that poll published?

I don't understand the love or hatred for this show.

I especially don't understand why we need another thread to discuss it.

"Carson has combined his passion for helping children with his love for one of Cincinnati's favorite past times - cornhole - to create a unique and exciting event perfect for a corporate outing, entertaining clients or family fun."

"In Oz, the verb is douchifizzation." PRS

HumATune Profile Photo
HumATune
#33Who does NOT love GLEE?
Posted: 9/27/11 at 11:28am

A bunch of my friends like it. I've tried to sit and watch it, but the writing for the show is too painful. Even some my Glee-loving friends admit the writing is the worst aspect of the show. Also, I don't care how many Broadway songs they use, because they auto-tune all the personality out of the actors' voices. I don't want to listen to those renditions.

newintown Profile Photo
newintown
#34Who does NOT love GLEE?
Posted: 9/27/11 at 11:57am

Tried to watch a few early episodes, thought it was witless, unfunny drivel. But I think that if you watch any TV show regularly, it will pull you down into its morass of banal idiocy and you'll run the risk of having your standards lowered. So fight the urge!

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#35Who does NOT love GLEE?
Posted: 9/27/11 at 12:04pm

So, you hate all TV?

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Nettik
#36Who does NOT love GLEE?
Posted: 9/27/11 at 12:13pm

I love the concept of Glee, and some of the jokes are hilarious, but I don't love the show as a whole. I've been watching it start to finish with somebody who's really, really into it, and I just don't understand how people can think it's the greatest thing to ever be on TV.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#37Who does NOT love GLEE?
Posted: 9/27/11 at 12:19pm

GLEE is an amazing show. Lea Mishele is an amazing actor. Chris Colfer is an amazing singer. The writing is amazing and daring. The storys are believeable and happen every day to kids in schools round the countrey. It shows how arts educaton helps peoples of all different kinds in schools in all areas if their exposd to thearts.

Nettik
#38Who does NOT love GLEE?
Posted: 9/27/11 at 12:22pm

Jordan, you just made my day.

broadwayjim42
#39Who does NOT love GLEE?
Posted: 9/27/11 at 12:27pm

I thought it was very telling that the best musical number from the season premiere ("Anything Goes/Anything You Can Do") didn't involve a single member of the regular cast.

I still like the show, but it is a patience tester. There's no consistency from episode to episode...it's downright bipolar. The highs of the good episodes followed by the lows of the sucky ones.

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#40Who does NOT love GLEE?
Posted: 9/27/11 at 12:33pm

I liked Glee at first, then got bored with it. It really didn't seem to be going anywhere. The plots were redundant and the shoe-horning of the music got more and more ridiculous and less justifiable. What was intially fun just became more and more tedious.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

kdogg36 Profile Photo
kdogg36
#41Who does NOT love GLEE?
Posted: 9/27/11 at 12:48pm

When I was a little kid, the only time I ever encountered any reference to gay people was when Jack Tripper had to pretend he was gay so that Mr. Roper would let him live with two women.

Of course there are many more cultural references to gay people now, and most of them are a lot more positive than those on Three's Company. So I'm not going to claim that Glee is a pioneer in this regard. But even though it's just one manifestation of an overall positive trend, I think it's an important one, and I'm quite sure it's helped many gay kids discover they're not alone. That alone justifies its existence for me.

Beyond that, I really do enjoy watching the show. :) It's certainly not a character flaw to not like it, though, and I can appreciate a lot of the criticisms brought up here and elsewhere. I just think it's a lot of fun.

Jordan Catalano
#42Who does NOT love GLEE?
Posted: 9/27/11 at 1:02pm

Except I DESPISE Colfer and his character, telling the world if you like musical theater you're a flitting little fairy who's nothing but a crying, hysterical snarky bitch all of the time. Otherwise you're a self hating homophobe or don't get me started on the asexual Criss who never in a million years would date someone like Colfer. And their "relationship" is a joke, much like the show they're on.

It is possible to have a show where the characters are comical stereotypes who evolve into more than they started out as. Murphy proved that in one of my all time favorite shows, POPULAR (even if it at times suffered some of the same inconsistencies GLEE does). But as far as this goes, he seems to have just given up. Just like most everyone I know who watched it.

beagle Profile Photo
beagle
#43Who does NOT love GLEE?
Posted: 9/27/11 at 1:34pm

I used to watch Glee, and I still occasionally catch an episode, but I don't watch it regularly anymore because I find it too frustrating. It's a potentially great concept, but the stories are uneven, the writing is up-and-down, the characters are inconsistent, and the choice of music seems so arbitrary. There's also the Autotune, which annoys me to no end. It does have its moments, but for the most part it seems like a wasted opportunity.

beautywickedlover
#44Who does NOT love GLEE?
Posted: 9/27/11 at 2:14pm

I did the Golden Globes decisions this year to award "Glee" with so many awards while "Modern Family" had much better episodes, directing, and acting. They were just huge GLEEKS.

"Except I DESPISE Colfer and his character."

I don't think Colfer is that strong of an actor. I find his character to have very little layers and he doesn't do much with it. I felt he was the weakest of the five actors nominated for a Golden Globe this year. I'm not sure if he would've gotten the award had not been for the show's fan base.
Updated On: 9/27/11 at 02:14 PM

Jordan Catalano
#45Who does NOT love GLEE?
Posted: 9/27/11 at 2:25pm

HIS singing? I'm sorry, but I'm convinced a female with primordial dwarfism dubs his singing.

beautywickedlover
#46Who does NOT love GLEE?
Posted: 9/27/11 at 2:30pm

^ I'm sorry about that Jordan. My bad. I thought you were being serious when you said "Chris Colfer is an amazing singer". I didn't know that you were being sarcastic. Sometimes I have a problem seeing what is sarcasim and what is not. I changed the post to what was the real reason why he probably won.
Updated On: 9/27/11 at 02:30 PM

phantomcrazy14 Profile Photo
phantomcrazy14
#47Who does NOT love GLEE?
Posted: 9/27/11 at 5:15pm

I'm not even going to lie, I LOVED the first season. As a teen involved in theatre, I thought it was inspirational and loads of fun. Then the Second Season....ew. No storyline, intense auto-tuning, and not enough focus ruined it. I did watch the first episode and was actually....offended...Not all guys majoring in musical thatre in collede are designer-brand wearing, over eccentric people. I think it was a stereotype that they would've tried to bash.

orangeskittles Profile Photo
orangeskittles
#48Who does NOT love GLEE?
Posted: 9/27/11 at 5:32pm

I think the show it has evolved into is not the show the creators originally set out to make. The tone of the pilot is so dramatically different than the Glee 3D concert tour extravaganza that they're almost different shows entirely. But what could they have done? Said no to the network influences, turned down a 3-year contract and gotten cancelled to maintain their artistic integrity? Please. Hollywood doesn't work like that. Neither does Broadway. That's why we have Harry Potter starring in a musical.

I just think it's ridiculous when these threads are posted once a week during the Glee season. Congratulations, you don't like Glee. You're about as counter-culture as the people who buy their anarchy and Che Guevara t-shirts at Hot Topic.

Like a firework unexploded
Wanting life but never knowing how

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#49Who does NOT love GLEE?
Posted: 9/27/11 at 5:49pm

Except I DESPISE Colfer and his character, telling the world if you like musical theater you're a flitting little fairy who's nothing but a crying, hysterical snarky bitch all of the time.

But the gay boy from High School musical is also a snarky flitting little fairy, so they are obviously all that way!

It is possible to have a show where the characters are comical stereotypes who evolve into more than they started out as.

Or like Will & Grace, it can do the reverse. Slowly introduce the worst stereotypes and then AMPLIFY THEM with each additional season until they are unrecognizable as human beings.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian