pixeltracker

Most Expensive/Least Expensive Show You've Seen- Page 2

Most Expensive/Least Expensive Show You've Seen

charlesjguiteau Profile Photo
charlesjguiteau
#25Most Expensive/Least Expensive Show You've Seen
Posted: 10/17/11 at 8:58pm

Here's a semi-historical entry to put your ticket prices in some context.

Back in 1981, I gritted my teeth and shelled out $100 for the privilege of spending 8 magnificent hours at "The Life and Adventures of Nicholas Nickleby". In my lifetime, only "Angels in America" has ever come close to equaling that theater experience.

Six years earlier in 1975, I paid $15 for Orchestra row M at the Shubert Theater to a Saturday matinee of the OBC of "A Chorus Line". Best $15 I ever spent.

broadway_show_fan Profile Photo
broadway_show_fan
#26Most Expensive/Least Expensive Show You've Seen
Posted: 10/18/11 at 10:55am

I know many of us have been comped to various events/shows, but the OP mentioned what was most/least expensive without considering comps. Just a little clarification.

Most expensive: $300 or something like that for IN THE HEIGHTS for the last performance, 2nd row center. I wasn't going to miss it and wanted a good seat but was kind of grumbling about the price.

Least expensive: HipTix tickets which have been further discounted to $10 including THE UNDERSTUDY, ANYTHING GOES and SONS OF THE PROPHET.

showchoirguy Profile Photo
showchoirguy
#27Most Expensive/Least Expensive Show You've Seen
Posted: 10/18/11 at 11:06am

Most: West Side Story $110 Front Mezz. First show, long story.
Least: Catch Me If You Can Free. Won the blogger night contest.

ggersten Profile Photo
ggersten
#28Most Expensive/Least Expensive Show You've Seen
Posted: 10/18/11 at 11:37am

If you count the money I put into a a community theatre production to sponsor a spotlight and operator for the performances ....then, let's just say, more than $500.
Otherwise, I didn't see BOM, but I purchased tix for my wife, daughter and niece to see it just the other Saturday night. And paid more than anyone on this thread has stated. Not a lot more...but more..But, they were coming in from out of town - there was only one show they could get to..and it was a birthday present. Report: absolutely worth it. Whew.
Don't get to Broadway often, but least would probably have been 42d Street on TKTS back in 83. Don't recall the actual dollars - although with inflation, who knows.

ChiChi Profile Photo
ChiChi
#29Most Expensive/Least Expensive Show You've Seen
Posted: 10/18/11 at 11:50pm

I don't remember the exact amount I paid, but I paid what seemed like an arm and a leg for A Little Night with Zeta and Lansbury, and seriously, it HAD to have been the very worst seat in the house.

As far as the cheapest, I don't know. I've seen so many shows in my life. I remember the most surprising deal I got was for Phantom in like 2003. I got a second row center seat for like $25 on line. I was really shocked.

Gypsy - Betty Buckley http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUN5XoB5vFs&feature=youtu.be

jsg03jd Profile Photo
jsg03jd
#30Most Expensive/Least Expensive Show You've Seen
Posted: 10/19/11 at 3:07am

Too embarrassed to say what I paid for the most so I'll stick with the least expensive ones: "OKLAHOMA!," "Drowsy Chaperone," "Assassins" and "Young Frankenstein" - saw them all for free through work.

Mark_E Profile Photo
Mark_E
#31Most Expensive/Least Expensive Show You've Seen
Posted: 10/19/11 at 3:18am

Aside from loads of shows I've seen for free or from papering companies:

Broadway:
Most Expensive:
Promises, Promises and Hair (Both $85)

Cheapest:
Spring Awakening, Gypsy, A Tale of Two Cities - £15 a ticket with rush (think it was $25 or $27 a ticket) but the exchange rate was very good that year :)

West End:
Most Expensive:
Legally Blonde - First preview, £40
Les Miserables - £35

Cheapest:
Sunset Boulevard - £5 balcony ticket during previews
War Horse - £5 through Entry Pass
Million Dollar Quartet - £5 balcony ticket during previews
Betrayal/The Children's Hour - £5 Pilar Seats

Tour:
Most Expensive:
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang - £21

Cheapest:
Scrooge - £1

TheatreFan4 Profile Photo
TheatreFan4
#32Most Expensive/Least Expensive Show You've Seen
Posted: 10/19/11 at 3:22am

Most: $80 for Priscilla
Least: $25 for Phantom

trentsketch Profile Photo
trentsketch
#33Most Expensive/Least Expensive Show You've Seen
Posted: 10/19/11 at 9:27am

I couldn't tell you how much I paid, but I know I got rock bottom pricing for Brooklyn about twenty minutes to curtain through TKTS. Most expensive is around $100 for a few different shows. I really try not to spend more than $50 with service fees if I can help it.

broadway_show_fan Profile Photo
broadway_show_fan
#34Most Expensive/Least Expensive Show You've Seen
Posted: 10/19/11 at 3:34pm

uncageg - did you see Chinglish for $26.50 through a rush/lotto? I was searching for info about a rush/lotto for this show but could not find any information. Thanks for any help.

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#35Most Expensive/Least Expensive Show You've Seen
Posted: 10/19/11 at 5:53pm

Least expensive - El Grande De Coca Cola

Poster Emeritus

Rage and Love Profile Photo
Rage and Love
#36Most Expensive/Least Expensive Show You've Seen
Posted: 10/23/11 at 11:28pm

A lot of the shows I saw others paid for me to go, whether it be friends, my mom, or my boyfriend. I also had this "job" where I took my mom's friend's daughter to see American Idiot and Rent. Her mom not only paid for orchestra seats, but also gave me transportation and food money: Once even $80 for myself. Must be nice to have all that $, but anyway...I even obtained 2 free tickets to Sister Act recently.
Most expensive: American Idiot- $63 Orch tix tickets through TKTS
Least expensive: The Spelling Bee- $25 student rush way back when

"And that was that or so it seemed. Is this the end or the beginning? All I know is, she was right. I am an idiot. It’s even on my birth certificate in so many words. This is my rage. This is my love. This is my town. This is my city. This is my life."

pinoyidol2006 Profile Photo
pinoyidol2006
#37Most Expensive/Least Expensive Show You've Seen
Posted: 10/24/11 at 1:35am

Wicked tour - $45
Urinetown - $25-ish

I like your imperturbable perspicacity.

DefyGravity777
#38Most Expensive/Least Expensive Show You've Seen
Posted: 10/24/11 at 1:49am

Most Expensive-$250(Premium seat at Wicked)
Least Expensive-$25 random lotto wins and Phantom

Best least expensive seat I had was for the Wicked 2NT in Tucson. $40 2nd row dead center.

Don't believe everything that you hear! Only the peeps involved know the truth!

EponineAmneris Profile Photo
EponineAmneris
#40Most Expensive/Least Expensive Show You've Seen
Posted: 10/24/11 at 9:44am

$250-- BEAUTY & THE BEAST
$25-- PHANTOM OF THE OPERA

My average price is $111-ish.

"TO LOVE ANOTHER PERSON IS TO SEE THE FACE OF GOD"- LES MISERABLES--- "THERE'S A SPECIAL KIND OF PEOPLE KNOWN AS SHOW PEOPLE... WE'RE BORN EVERY NIGHT AT HALF HOUR CALL!"--- CURTAINS

allyk Profile Photo
allyk
#41Most Expensive/Least Expensive Show You've Seen
Posted: 10/24/11 at 1:28pm

Least expensive - MANY free shows. We see a lot of tours that come through Providence because my dad's radio station is a sponsor at PPAC - last one I saw was In the Heights and my parents saw West Side Story.

Most expensive - Wicked on Broadway back in 2004. I think my mom paid $110 each. Most expensive out of my own pocket? Either Sister Act to see a friend perform at $79, South Pacific in previews ($65) or Hairspray to see Harvey and Marissa a month before closing ($55) - All completely worth it.

Chrysanthemum62001
#42Most Expensive/Least Expensive Show You've Seen
Posted: 10/24/11 at 8:15pm

Here's some irony. Most expensive was the Actor's Fund Concert of Hair at the New Amsterdam. I can't remember how much I paid, but it was well over a hundred dollars. And the least expensive was a comp ticket to Hair on Broadway.

"What a mystery this world. One day you love them and the next day you want to kill them a thousand times over." The Masked Bandit in THE FALL

After Eight
#43Most Expensive/Least Expensive Show You've Seen
Posted: 10/24/11 at 9:43pm

Can't remember the most I've spent, but the least was $1 for Kean in 1961.

aasjb4ever Profile Photo
aasjb4ever
#44Most Expensive/Least Expensive Show You've Seen
Posted: 10/24/11 at 10:55pm

Most: West Side Story-$120 for 3rd row center
Least: Master Class-$30 Front Row, Night Music-$28 Front Row center, comps to a few shows
Updated On: 10/24/11 at 10:55 PM

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#45Most Expensive/Least Expensive Show You've Seen
Posted: 10/24/11 at 11:15pm

Most: $125 for Wicked.
Least: $10 for Damn Yankees way back in the day thanks to a very nice discount from my mom's work. (most recently though, would have been $26 for A Chorus Line SRO).

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.