Once ( upon a time )

kec Profile Photo
kec
#750Once Upon a Time
Posted: 9/30/13 at 3:14pm

Of all the possibilities I might have considered to be the "Home Office," THAT was NOT one of them!!!

Bummer about the ratings -- what was it up against?

eatlasagna
#751Once Upon a Time
Posted: 9/30/13 at 4:16pm

it was up against football... all things considering, it was #2 for its time slot... and it may have been up against Breaking Bad... anyways, now that we're in season 3... as long as the ratings stay steady it's a good thing... a serialized show like this usually doesn't gain viewers anymore.. unless you're The Walking Dead!

beautywickedlover
#752Once Upon a Time
Posted: 10/4/13 at 4:27pm

I think it'll be fine. Plus, TV by the Numbers says that it is certain to be renewed for a fourth season.

"The ABC syndication gods will demand that Once Upon A Time and Revenge be renewed for a fourth season. For that reason, they're both certain to be renewed, effectively regardless of their third season ratings."

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2013/10/01/abc-lucky-7-betrayal-are-certain-to-be-canceled/205410/

beautywickedlover
#753Once Upon a Time
Posted: 10/6/13 at 11:07pm

I really enjoyed the flashback scenes where Snow White stood up to Queen. I also thought it was creative how a vision of Belle was created for Neverland. Peter is one bad little boy.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#754Once Upon a Time
Posted: 10/6/13 at 11:15pm

I'm despising the Peter Pan story. Seriously, how could Disney make him an evil character? It would be like if they turned Cinderella into a whore.

Wynbish Profile Photo
Wynbish
#755Once Upon a Time
Posted: 10/6/13 at 11:44pm

I like how they almost referenced that with Emma talking about how everything else has Peter Pan as a hero.

I squealed at the Rufio shout out

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#756Once Upon a Time
Posted: 10/7/13 at 4:10am

Apparently in the original novel, Peter killed the Lost Boys who got too old, so I guess if that's true then it's not exactly too far of a stretch. I'm really kind of loving the Neverland storyline, and excited to see how Tinkerbell, and Ariel soon after, factor in.
Peter Pan Killed Lost Boys In The Original Book

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.

eatlasagna
#757Once Upon a Time
Posted: 10/8/13 at 2:12pm

This is pretty hilarious...
Where did that white rabbit go?!?!

Bluemoon
#758Once Upon a Time
Posted: 10/11/13 at 9:40am

And in other true love news....
Awwww!

beautywickedlover
#759Once Upon a Time
Posted: 10/11/13 at 9:42am

^ You beat me to it. Anyway congrats to Ginnifer and Josh! Once Upon a Time

kec Profile Photo
kec
#760Once Upon a Time
Posted: 10/11/13 at 12:35pm

Lovely news... :)

bwayrose7 Profile Photo
bwayrose7
#761Once Upon a Time
Posted: 10/12/13 at 1:46pm

Adorable :) Congrats to them!

beautywickedlover
#762Once Upon a Time
Posted: 10/13/13 at 9:01pm

Tonight, Conservative parents are probably going to complain about Mulan being bisexual, but what they need to realize is that she is NOT the same Mulan from the Disney animated cartoon. She is only a live-action version who is based on her.

Updated On: 10/13/13 at 09:01 PM

Jungle Red Profile Photo
Jungle Red
#763Once Upon a Time
Posted: 10/14/13 at 1:12am

One Million Moms only complain when a new show airs. They don't care about existing shows.

I doubt this will be an issue, but we'll see.

bwayrose7 Profile Photo
bwayrose7
#764Once Upon a Time
Posted: 10/14/13 at 11:12am

I have to admit, I never thought they'd actually go there with Mulan being bi, and I'm really glad they did, especially since that's not her defining character trait. In other "couple"-y thoughts, I can't wait until Neal reunites with Emma, and was I the only one who thought maybe they'll pair up Hook and Tinker Bell? And seriously- Regina and Robin Hood? Come to think of it, this episode was awfully pairing-focused!

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#765Once Upon a Time
Posted: 10/14/13 at 11:18am

I cried when I saw Robin's tattoo. But I'm also really just a 10 year old girl so it's ok.

bwayrose7 Profile Photo
bwayrose7
#766Once Upon a Time
Posted: 10/14/13 at 3:21pm

Um...Okay...

suestorm Profile Photo
suestorm
#767Once Upon a Time
Posted: 10/14/13 at 3:28pm

Henry is nothing but trouble.
i wish when they get back to present real world he would meet up with Carl Grimes.

Though they are roughly the same age Carl would not stand for his whinyness and would put an end to it at once.

FINDINGNAMO, SNAFU, THEATERDIVE, JORDANCATALONO, LIZASHEADBAND, PALJOEY: You all claim to "IGNORE ME" I wish you would and stop constantly commenting on my posts. Thanks ...................................................................................................................................... The MOST POPULAR and DANGEROUS Poster on BWW! Banned by the PTA, PTC and the MEANGIRLS of BWW..................................................................................................................... ...Ukraine Girls really knock me out, they leave the west behind..........................

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#768Once Upon a Time
Posted: 10/14/13 at 8:29pm

When I saw the tattoo I screamed "NOO!! MINE!!!" because I have an unnatural feeling of ownership over Sean.

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".

beautywickedlover
#769Once Upon a Time
Posted: 10/14/13 at 9:59pm

Last night, the show mentioned Ruby Slippers. When the show journeys to Oz I am going to pass on watching it. The last time Disney went to Oz with Ruby Slippers, they went down a path I did not like at all...

Once Upon a Time

Updated On: 11/3/14 at 09:59 PM

Jungle Red Profile Photo
Jungle Red
#770Once Upon a Time
Posted: 10/15/13 at 2:06am

In OZ' defense, the Ruby Slippers get you back to Earth. I don't think there's anything in the original canon that says they can take you to OZ. Their whole point is to taka you back where "there's no place like home". I guess if you consider Storybrooke or the Enchanted Forest home, they'd take you there, but I don't see that as being hte point.

I don't remember if Dorothy in Return to OZ ever wore the ruby slippers... but I haven't seen it in a few years.

If Once Upon a Time covers the entire Disney property, then they are free to mention one or two worlds that they won't discover on the series. Bealwolf's rant is perfectly clear. He's looking for any portal and clearly the ruby slippers are one. I just don't know if they are able to take you anywhere but "home"... and we all know how subjective that can be. My home in San Francisco means a lot more to me than my real home back in Texas.

Spelling mistakes aside, I guess the only person to use the ruby slippers to get themselves back to Never Never Land would be Peter. Maybe Tink. But they would have to use them outside of Never Never Land to get back home. He can't use them to get anywhere else.

Unless their power - strictly speaking - only takes them where there is "no place like home". Maguire made a different use for them. Elphaba has her own use. But Disney, strictly speaking, can only use their power from the MGM movie. They can add powers outside of the aforementioned, but will they?

I may be reading into this too much. Updated On: 10/15/13 at 02:06 AM

Wishing Only Wounds Profile Photo
Wishing Only Wounds
#771Once Upon a Time
Posted: 10/16/13 at 8:09pm

Finally all caught up on this season! Although I idolized Peter Pan growing up and can't believe all the twists with him, I am loving this season so far!!

However, am I the only one who can't stand Charming? And Snow when she's with Charming? Their "goodness" bit is coming off more like arrogance to me.

Formerly: WishingOnlyWounds2 - Broadway Legend - Joined: 9/25/08

broadwayguy2
#772Once Upon a Time
Posted: 10/17/13 at 12:53am

Jungle Red,
You are mistaken about the Slippers. The powers of the Slippers (silver) are never fully established within the original cannon. The RUBY Slippers, an MGM creation, are never fully explained. Glinda tells us that the Slippers HAVE the power to return Dorothy to Kansas, using the spell 'there's no place like home', never that that it is the entire expanse of their power. The Wicked Witch informs us that having the powers of the Slippers would make her the most powerful person / Witch in Oz, so clearly they can do much, much more.
In Return to Oz, where Disney purchased rights to use the Slippers, the Gnome King DOES use them to return to HIS mountain, but Dorothy, in turn, defeats the King and uses the power of the Slippers to restore the Emerald City, oz and all of it's inhabitants from the destruction the Gnome King had unleashed. Not to mention that Ozma then uses the power of the Slippers to send Dorothy to Kansas.
Sorry that you didn't care for Return to Oz. I LOVE the flick. It is far more faithful to the feel of Baum's world than what MGM did. It's deviation comes from combining the plots of two books and incorporating the Ruby Slippers.

I can not wait for Once to get to Oz. I do not think you can be concerned about a resemblance to return to oz, since it is very apparent that this show is well versed and very skilled at incorporating key traits from the used source materials, while creating entirely new visions of these characters, often unexpected, always interesting.

eatlasagna
#773Once Upon a Time
Posted: 10/17/13 at 1:23am

off topic... but did anyone watch Sean Maguire in that Krod Mandoon series? It was dumb but I enjoyed it and was kinda sad there was no second season!

Taryn Profile Photo
Taryn
#774Once Upon a Time
Posted: 10/18/13 at 12:16am

All I care about in this show now is Mulan and Aurora getting together because I am ALL OVER THAT.