H2$ Darren Criss rush

snl89
#75H2$ Darren Criss rush
Posted: 1/11/12 at 12:54pm

^Yayy very cool, thanks for the info! I shall be going tomorrow I think H2$ Darren Criss rush

I'll probably still plan to be there by 6:30 or so just to make sure, but I'm really glad I don't have to get there at like 5 or anything too crazy haha

I don't need a life that's normal. That's way too far away. But something next to normal would be okay. Something next to normal is what I'd like to try. Close enough to normal to get by.

Myglass989
#76H2$ Darren Criss rush
Posted: 1/11/12 at 12:54pm

I went this morning- got there at 6:15am and there were 40-50 people ahead of me (lots more people than the day before, since its a two show day). Apparently the people at the head of the line got there at 2:45am. People came in a steady stream from then on, there must have been about 60 people there by 7am, and the line was all the way down the block by 9:30am. Neither the matinee nor the evening shows were sold out by the time my friend and I got to the front of the line, so there is definitely a good amount of tickets. We got seats N23 and N25 in the orchestra for tonight's performance. Does anyone know how the view is from there?

Good luck to everyone attempting this rush!! People are clearly very intense about it.

ksong12
#77H2$ Darren Criss rush
Posted: 1/12/12 at 12:28am

I also went today - I got there around 7am, and was about 70th in line or so. I got matinee tickets with no problem (in the box because we had a group of H2$ Darren Criss rush                                                                           , and neither show was sold out by the time one of my other friends got to the front. She was probably about 80 or 90th in line, got there a bit past 7:15. The line stretch all the way down the block by 9:30, a good almost 200 people I'd say, if not a bit more.

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#78H2$ Darren Criss rush
Posted: 1/15/12 at 7:02am

Got to the theater at 515 today. Around 25th in line. Line is very long now. What are the chances of me and my friend getting tickets. Thanks.

ksong12
#79H2$ Darren Criss rush
Posted: 1/15/12 at 9:30am

No guarantees as all this is a shot in the dark, but they're pretty good.

#80H2$ Darren Criss rush
Posted: 1/16/12 at 12:50am

Steven22, did you wind up getting tix? Around how many people were there on line when the box office opened?

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#81H2$ Darren Criss rush
Posted: 1/16/12 at 9:27am

Ended up getting tix, side orch J seats 22 and 24. 25 people in front of me. A lot, prob about 75 or so behind me. I got there at 515am yesterday morning.

pitfever
#82H2$ Darren Criss rush
Posted: 1/16/12 at 10:52pm

I went there for Sat, at 5:30am, and about 40 people were in front of me.

On Sun, I wanted to try, but couldn't because it's just to darn cold. So obviously, sold out by the time I got there. However, if people want to take a chance, try last minute cancellation. I was #7 on last minute cancellation line, and the first 4 people got the tix. But it's full price, not discount.

I managed to ask the guy who works there (the one telling people about the rule of rush tickets) what is the craziest thing he has seen these past two weeks. He said some people actually started lining up around 7PM the night before. But they did not allow the people to do that...they can only start after the show's done on that night. He also encountered people who actually started lining up after they came out of the show. Insane.

cirque Profile Photo
cirque
#83H2$ Darren Criss rush
Posted: 1/17/12 at 1:26am

Will be interested to see how the Rush is when Jonas takes over, after seeing him in Les Miserables in London, I sure wouldn't queue up at 5:30 am in the morning!

booth0882 Profile Photo
booth0882
#84H2$ Darren Criss rush
Posted: 1/17/12 at 12:00pm

Well frankly, I sure wouldn't cue up at 5:30 in the morning to see Darren Criss. I'm optimistic that Jonas will be a much better Finch. Still terribly disappointed with Bridges, has he gotten any better since I saw them on the 6th? And I doubt the Jonas rush will be nearly as bad. Darren's rush is bad because the theatre was sold out with starkid and glee fanatics. It didn't matter how well the show actually went, the tickets were already sold. Over Jonas' longer run there won't be the immediate "I only have three weeks to see Darren" thing going on.

pitfever
#85H2$ Darren Criss rush
Posted: 1/17/12 at 12:19pm

Sure Criss has lots of Starkid and Glee fans, but not all. There are lots of adults and seniors as well. I saw the show on Fri and Sat, he was fantastic. He and Bridges were great, lots of comedy and chemistry. So I guess different people have different opinions.

emilyfaye48 Profile Photo
emilyfaye48
#86H2$ Darren Criss rush
Posted: 1/18/12 at 12:21am

I think the biggest reason that rush is so crazy for him is because his run is so short, if he was in for a longer time then people would be more spread out over the run

Without bread we'd just be hungry but without theatre we'd be dead

#87H2$ Darren Criss rush
Posted: 1/18/12 at 10:37pm

The limited time is definitely a major contributing factor to the crazy. If he was performing for another month this amount of people wouldn't be showing up on the third week in.

I talked to the guy running rush today and he said its been pretty constant in the number of people waiting for rush every day from start to end. I got there at 7:40am, was around 100th in line and wound up getting orch J for the afternoon performance. After me, there was another twenty or so that got tix and another fifty after them that didn't.

MarryingTheNight
#88H2$ Darren Criss rush
Posted: 1/19/12 at 7:17pm

Just trying to get a few opinions...if I get there at 6:00 tomorrow morning (Friday) is there a good chance I will get in? Or would it be better to go earlier?
Thanks!

Just_John Profile Photo
Just_John
#89H2$ Darren Criss rush
Posted: 1/19/12 at 10:13pm

I think there's a really good chance. But I would get there at 5 or 5:30 to be even safer with it being Friday and the beginning of his final weekend.

orangeskittles Profile Photo
orangeskittles
#90H2$ Darren Criss rush
Posted: 1/20/12 at 12:51am

When you all are saying you were the 100th person in line, aren't you paying full price? People want to know how early to get there for the rush. I doubt they're giving away hundreds of $30 tickets.

If you're willing to pay full price, you might as well stay home and buy it on Telecharge. I'd rather pay those fees than stand outside for 6 hours in January.

Like a firework unexploded
Wanting life but never knowing how

booth0882 Profile Photo
booth0882
#91H2$ Darren Criss rush
Posted: 1/20/12 at 1:06am

Yea, the rush is only for the obstructed Orchestra and Box seats. The shows aren't selling out anymore, so there are regular priced tickets to buy online or at the box office. And with the show not selling out, there are no SRO tickets sold. So obviously all 100 people can get tickets, but even if most of those 100 buy singles (unlikely), I know there can't be that many obstructed seats in the Hirschfeld...

snl89
#92H2$ Darren Criss rush
Posted: 1/20/12 at 1:37am

I went today, got there at 6, and got great 4th row seats, so you should be totally good MarryingTheNight :) The line did get really long by the end, but at 6 I was like 15th or so in line I think, so not bad at all

I don't need a life that's normal. That's way too far away. But something next to normal would be okay. Something next to normal is what I'd like to try. Close enough to normal to get by.
Updated On: 1/20/12 at 01:37 AM

#93H2$ Darren Criss rush
Posted: 1/20/12 at 1:55am

@orangeskittles- I did get rush after being 100th-ish in line, actually, but only because there were two shows that day. There is no way you could get there at almost 8 on a one show day and get tickets.

The first fifty or so on Wednesday seemed to all be there over night or get there by 5:30-6 when I spoke with a few of them. That half hour seems to be the real toss up between getting them and not on a one show day as well.

theatrefreak0109 Profile Photo
theatrefreak0109
#95H2$ Darren Criss rush
Posted: 1/20/12 at 9:32pm

Ladylala you're getting quite annoying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Devinmd Profile Photo
Devinmd
#96H2$ Darren Criss rush
Posted: 1/21/12 at 2:36am

We arrived at 7 this morning - about 50 people in line. We got the last rush seats. (Friday, so one show day)

pitfever
#97H2$ Darren Criss rush
Posted: 1/21/12 at 11:24am

I believe about 50 rush is set aside per show, plus whatever left.

Just_John Profile Photo
Just_John
#98H2$ Darren Criss rush
Posted: 1/21/12 at 11:57am

I'm pretty sure theres about 100 tickets set aside for rush and no matter how many other seats are unsold they do not sell them at rush price. Hence why Devinmd was about 50th in line and got the last rush seats. Most people buy 2 tickets.

JKlock Profile Photo
JKlock
#99H2$ Darren Criss rush
Posted: 1/21/12 at 2:35pm

"When you all are saying you were the 100th person in line, aren't you paying full price?. "

No?

I was around 150th in line on a 2 show day when Dan was still in the show and I was able to get 3 rush seats together in the 4th row and there were tons of people behind us and all were able to get rush tickets.

http://two-sails.blogspot.com/

defygravity24 Profile Photo
defygravity24
#100H2$ Darren Criss rush
Posted: 1/21/12 at 2:41pm

How many rush seats do they put aside? I feel like its a lot or its just not selling as well as we think it is.