Billy Elliot Closing

caseanova
#1Billy Elliot Closing
Posted: 12/30/11 at 11:53am

I know that Billy Elliot doesn't do rush Friday & Sat, but I was wondering if anyone knew any inside info to getting cheaper tickets. The additional holiday prices are tacked on right now, however each section is listed as a range of prices (ex $41.50-$131.00), but telecharge (no matter WHICH section I choose) offers me $151 tickets. Does anyone know if it's easier to go to the box office to get cheaper tickets? That way I can talk to an actual person? Thanks!

Huss417 Profile Photo
Huss417
#2Billy Elliot Closing
Posted: 12/30/11 at 1:10pm

If you can go to the box office I would. Why pay the fees to buy a ticket online? And this way you can actually tell the person what it is you are looking for.

"I hope your Fanny is bigger than my Peter." Mary Martin to Ezio Pinza opening night of Fanny.

caseanova
#2Billy Elliot Closing
Posted: 12/30/11 at 2:08pm

Thanks!

booth0882 Profile Photo
booth0882
#3Billy Elliot Closing
Posted: 12/31/11 at 1:46am

Well for the most part getting a ticket for the remainder of the run is difficult. And Friday-Sunday is next to impossible. As of last night I believe there were only 2 singles left for Sunday's performance. This weekend and early next week there might be something at TKTS (always worth taking a look at anyhow), but besides that expect to pay full price for anything that is left. One thing to consider might be SRO for the shows that are sold out (which will likely be everything up til the closing performance on the 8th).

billyboyA
#4Billy Elliot Closing
Posted: 12/31/11 at 10:41am

Anyone have any predictions who might play Billy on Sunday? I have tickets and am hoping it'll be Joseph, since I've never seen him do it. But I'm also thinking if I'd like to see Joseph, I may want to consider doing some pre-show walk by-s at the theatre and grabbing a last minute ticket this week to one of his shows.

I have to wonder in a sitution like this if the producers will put their best Billy on as the last Billy, knowing that the theater will be packed with fans there to say goodbye to the show..., or if they'll just leave it to whoever's turn it is in the rotation.

Broadway Joe Profile Photo
Broadway Joe
#5Billy Elliot Closing
Posted: 12/31/11 at 8:07pm

Just my experience from today, I went to the box office looking for 2 tickets for monday nights show. They told me the cheapest seats were limited view rear orchestra seats, all the way in the back to the extreme side.

So I passed on those and when I got home I was able to get two rear mezz center seats on the aisle using the broadwaybox code and my total came out to $147.75.

supersam1026 Profile Photo
supersam1026
#6Billy Elliot Closing
Posted: 1/4/12 at 10:54pm

According to Telecharge, the show is basically sold out for the rest of their shows (except for a few single seats and premium tickets, depending on the performance.) Glad to see the show is going out with a bang, and that I got my $40 tickets for the final show early on!

broadwaybabytn Profile Photo
broadwaybabytn
#7Billy Elliot Closing
Posted: 1/4/12 at 11:05pm

My guess would be that Peter Mazurowski plays the final show, since he is the senior Broadway Billy and he seems pretty reliable. That's just a guess.

supersam1026
#8Billy Elliot Closing
Posted: 1/8/12 at 2:30pm

At the theater, the board says all 4 kids are playing Billy, should be interesting!!

Wishing Only Wounds Profile Photo
Wishing Only Wounds
#9Billy Elliot Closing
Posted: 1/8/12 at 5:10pm

There's been a different Billy for each scene.

Formerly: WishingOnlyWounds2 - Broadway Legend - Joined: 9/25/08

once a month Profile Photo
once a month
#10Billy Elliot Closing
Posted: 1/8/12 at 9:11pm

What a thrilling closing performance! All the current Billys and Michaels performed as well as the original Billys for the extended curtain calls. Wept like a baby...standing ovation after standing ovation which lasted a good 30 minutes longer than usual. Kudos to all involved...past and present. Seeing this performance only confirms why I attend the theatre regularly. There will be no sleeping for me tonight!

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#11Billy Elliot Closing
Posted: 1/8/12 at 9:15pm

Woah... different Billys for each scene? Sounds like it was an interesting closing performance! I saw the show the week before it won the Tony and fell in love with it. I caught the tour three times when it came through my city back in May. Sad to see the show go, but I am glad it had a good run!

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

booth0882 Profile Photo
booth0882
#12Billy Elliot Closing
Posted: 1/8/12 at 9:18pm

It wasn't every scene. They switched during scenes and had anywhere from 1 to 4 on at a time.

taylorPHENOMENON2 Profile Photo
taylorPHENOMENON2
#13Billy Elliot Closing
Posted: 1/8/12 at 9:38pm

They did the rotating Billy thing in London before, so that isn't entirely new.

Anyway, as a long time fan this exceeded all my expectations. The tag team style was hilarious in some moments, such as the end of Solidarity. All four Billys did the ending dance moment of Solidarity (which was stunning). After, when Dad finds Billy there, two of the four Billys scurried off quickly and the other two played rock paper scissors to continue with the scene. Brilliant.

And then the most emotional moment for me personally was when all four Billys walked on stage and each kissed Michael. I was done.

After the finale, where Billy usually comes out and bows, all 4 Billys were on stage and were then joined by the original three and five others, and did a little routine together. It was joyous and a great touch.

Other notes: standing ovations after every major dance number: Shine, Solidarity, Expressing Yourself, Born to Boogie, Angry Dance, Electricity, and Finale.

bwayphreak234
#14Billy Elliot Closing
Posted: 1/8/12 at 9:42pm

^ This sounds so awesome! I did not know this had been before, but it sounds pretty cool.

supersam1026
#15Billy Elliot Closing
Posted: 1/8/12 at 9:49pm

I was there too. Truly a spectacular performance and one that I surely won't forget!! The whole Billy rotation worked flawlessly and really added a nice touch to the show.

Outoftowner2
#16Billy Elliot Closing
Posted: 1/8/12 at 11:00pm

I was there and I thought it was really great. It's a shame this show has closed.

sbflyfan Profile Photo
sbflyfan
#17Billy Elliot Closing
Posted: 1/8/12 at 11:10pm

I must be the only one who thinks the "rotating Billy's" thing sounds really annoying and disruptive. Yes, I know it's the closing performance and 99% of the audience probably had seen the show before and were die-hard fans, but still. :-P

"I'm seeing the LuPone in Key West later this week. I'm hoping for great vocals and some sort of insane breakdown..." - BenjaminNicholas2

supersam1026
#18Billy Elliot Closing
Posted: 1/8/12 at 11:27pm

Honestly, when I first heard about it I didn't like the idea of the rotating Billy's. However, it flowed very naturally and did not feel forced. Most of the switches were done onstage, but at points where it could still flow. The first switch was Tade to Julian in the shadow dance scene between Shine and Grandma's scene. The back of the set parted, Julian emerged, they both did the dance and then Tade went off as the scene began. Just an example of one switch.

Wishing Only Wounds Profile Photo
Wishing Only Wounds
#19Billy Elliot Closing
Posted: 1/8/12 at 11:34pm

What happened during Angry Dance and Electricity?

Formerly: WishingOnlyWounds2 - Broadway Legend - Joined: 9/25/08

broadwaybabytn Profile Photo
broadwaybabytn
#20Billy Elliot Closing
Posted: 1/8/12 at 11:39pm

ATC says Peter Mazurowski danced both of those numbers.

taylorPHENOMENON2 Profile Photo
taylorPHENOMENON2
#21Billy Elliot Closing
Posted: 1/8/12 at 11:44pm

Indeed he did.

musicman_bwayfan
#22Billy Elliot Closing
Posted: 1/9/12 at 12:37am

Was Elton John there?

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#23Billy Elliot Closing
Posted: 1/9/12 at 1:04am

If I had gone, that rotating Billy thing would have royally pissed me off. I HATE when shows do things like this. It's fine for people who are seeing the show again but for the many people who have never seen it, it's incredibly confusing and not what they paid for. Obviously the worst case of this was Idina's "last" show in WICKED where she had the nerve to come out in a red jump suit totally throwing people who hadn't at that point seen the show yet for a loop. Had I been who I am now, I would have called the Nederlanders and demanded my money back.

bwayphreak234
#24Billy Elliot Closing
Posted: 1/9/12 at 1:11am

^ I completely agree about the red workout suit for Wicked. She wasn't in costume or makeup or anything. There are just so many problems with that incident.