pixeltracker

NBC's SMASH - Series & Broadway Adaptation Thread- Page 92

NBC's SMASH - Series & Broadway Adaptation Thread

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#2275Smash -- Series Discussion
Posted: 8/13/12 at 3:22pm

Wow, so excited about this! They should just make Hayes a series regular.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

E.Davis Profile Photo
E.Davis
#2276Smash -- Series Discussion
Posted: 8/13/12 at 3:50pm

They are really stacking the show with some nice names.

"I think lying to children is really important, it sets them off on the right track" -Sherie Rene Scott-

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#2277Smash -- Series Discussion
Posted: 8/13/12 at 4:59pm

I was wondering which Will & Grace name would be the first to guest star. Was hoping it would be Mullally, but I'll settle for Hayes.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

JulesReverie Profile Photo
JulesReverie
#2278Smash -- Series Discussion
Posted: 8/13/12 at 7:08pm

They are pulling out all the stops for season 2 and then some making every possible readjustment to please fans, I can't remember the last time a show got gutted and completely remodeled second season all in the fans' favor, I was expecting they'd be an Alan Ball and pull a True Blood (-ignoring fans and continuing to sabotage the fan favorite character and give all the good characterization and screen time to the fan detested character)

Owen22
#2279Smash -- Series Discussion
Posted: 8/13/12 at 8:15pm

So, according to Vulture, Sean is playing a TV actor who is staring in a stage musical version of "Dangerous Liasons" which might or might not (the article is unclear) be also starring Ivy...

kyl3fong2 Profile Photo
kyl3fong2
#2280Smash -- Series Discussion
Posted: 8/13/12 at 8:18pm

I wonder if Sean Hayes' character is the lead of the rival musical that is suppose to come in Season 2.

EricMontreal22 Profile Photo
EricMontreal22
#2281Smash -- Series Discussion
Posted: 8/13/12 at 8:22pm

"I was expecting they'd be an Alan Ball and pull a True Blood (-ignoring fans and continuing to sabotage the fan favorite character and give all the good characterization and screen time to the fan detested character)"

Except True Blood's ratings more than doubled between seasons 1 and 2, so umm, yeah...

Plum
#2282Smash -- Series Discussion
Posted: 8/13/12 at 8:40pm

If the musical of the season is based on Les Liaisons Dangereuses and the musical reflects on the characters' lives, it looks like I'm not getting my wish for less emphasis on who's sleeping with whom.

TxTwoStep Profile Photo
TxTwoStep
#2283Smash -- Series Discussion
Posted: 8/14/12 at 3:36am

come on Canuck Eric, it is NOT the BWW tradition to let pesky facts ruin a good dishy post.

Will: They don't give out awards for helping people be gay... unless you count the Tonys. "I guarantee that we'll have tough times. I guarantee that at some point one or both of us will want to get out. But I also guarantee that if I don't ask you to be mine, I'll regret it for the rest of my life..."
Updated On: 8/14/12 at 03:36 AM

TxTwoStep Profile Photo
TxTwoStep
#2284Smash -- Series Discussion
Posted: 8/14/12 at 3:40am

if the new rival show is based on LIAISONS, wouldn't it be better served (if it's JHud's show, unless her diva role is in yet ANOTHER fictional B'way show like Leo Nor's was) to be called CRUEL INTENTIONS? and if not, i wish it could be THE GAME which is an actual musicale of the classic play that Barrington Stage has done twice.

Will: They don't give out awards for helping people be gay... unless you count the Tonys. "I guarantee that we'll have tough times. I guarantee that at some point one or both of us will want to get out. But I also guarantee that if I don't ask you to be mine, I'll regret it for the rest of my life..."

TxTwoStep Profile Photo
TxTwoStep
#2285Smash -- Series Discussion
Posted: 8/14/12 at 3:40am

if the new rival show is based on LIAISONS, wouldn't it be better served (if it's JHud's show, unless her diva role is in yet ANOTHER fictional B'way show like Leo Nor's was) to be called CRUEL INTENTIONS? and if not, i wish it could be THE GAME which is an actual musicale of the classic play that Barrington Stage has done twice.

EricMontreal22 Profile Photo
EricMontreal22
#2286Smash -- Series Discussion
Posted: 8/14/12 at 3:54am

"it is NOT the BWW tradition to let pesky facts ruin a good dishy post. "

Ha, touche!

Plum
#2287Smash -- Series Discussion
Posted: 8/14/12 at 4:31am

Cruel Intentions was the teeny bopper version that came out in the 90s, right? Why would Smash's creators - real or fictional - want to pay for the right to use that name when the original novel is in the public domain?

I do admit that Liaisons in a musical theater context just makes me think of the song from A Little Night Music. Liaaaaai...zzzz....

MrMidwest Profile Photo
MrMidwest
#2288Smash -- Series Discussion
Posted: 8/14/12 at 7:13am

Stars remember Marilyn:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4842xWMwCU

"The gods who nurse this universe think little of mortals' cares. They sit in crowds on exclusive clouds and laugh at our love affairs. I might have had a real romance if they'd given me a chance. I loved him, but he didn't love me. I wanted him, but he didn't want me. Then the gods had a spree and indulged in another whim. Now he loves me, but I don't love him." - Cole Porter

beautywickedlover
#2289Smash -- Series Discussion
Posted: 8/14/12 at 12:28pm

Hayes did a good job playing someone who gave Leslie Knope trouble on 'Parks & Recreation', so it'll be interesting to see how he does that on this show.

Updated On: 8/14/12 at 12:28 PM

TxTwoStep Profile Photo
TxTwoStep
#2290Smash -- Series Discussion
Posted: 8/14/12 at 1:38pm

Sean's most villainous TV guest shot may have been on 30 ROCK as Kenneth the Page's relative who trapped Tracy Jordan MISERY style...

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#2291Smash -- Series Discussion
Posted: 8/14/12 at 5:37pm

Don't know how reliable this is, but Sheryl Lee Ralph has been cast as the mother of Jennifer Hudson's character on SMASH:

http://www.vulture.com/2012/08/exclusive-smash-casts-dreamgirl-sheryl-lee-ralph-jennifer-hudson.html

kyl3fong2 Profile Photo
kyl3fong2
#2292Smash -- Series Discussion
Posted: 8/14/12 at 6:09pm

Wow. Season 2 is really shaping up to be AMAZING!!

ucjrdude902 Profile Photo
ucjrdude902
#2293Smash -- Series Discussion
Posted: 8/17/12 at 9:47am

Shows to me the new show runner has a good plan and is executing it well with lining up these new characters.

MrMidwest Profile Photo
MrMidwest
#2294Smash -- Series Discussion
Posted: 8/17/12 at 10:00am

I hope the humor shines through this season. It was mostly stifled throughout the first season.

"The gods who nurse this universe think little of mortals' cares. They sit in crowds on exclusive clouds and laugh at our love affairs. I might have had a real romance if they'd given me a chance. I loved him, but he didn't love me. I wanted him, but he didn't want me. Then the gods had a spree and indulged in another whim. Now he loves me, but I don't love him." - Cole Porter

Fosse76
#2295Smash -- Series Discussion
Posted: 8/17/12 at 10:31am

I hope the humor shines through this season. It was mostly stifled throughout the first season.

They were in tech!

ucjrdude902 Profile Photo
ucjrdude902
#2296Smash -- Series Discussion
Posted: 8/17/12 at 11:07am

I think the "I'm in tech" joke was dead shortly after that very episode aired. Let it go.

darquegk Profile Photo
darquegk
#2297Smash -- Series Discussion
Posted: 8/17/12 at 11:08am

Eh. "I'm In Tech" is one of the only, if not THE only, actual theatre memes. It's a thing. It happened.

kdogg36 Profile Photo
kdogg36
#2298Smash -- Series Discussion
Posted: 8/17/12 at 11:13am

I think the "I'm in tech" joke was dead shortly after that very episode aired. Let it go.

I'm with you. It's tired.

wicked1492 Profile Photo
wicked1492
#2299Smash -- Series Discussion
Posted: 8/17/12 at 11:25am

I'm tired. From all this TECH.

"These rabid fans...possess the acting talent to portray the hooker...Linda Eder..." -The New York Times