pixeltracker

Harry Connick Jr. Led ON A CLEAR DAY to Close on Broadway January 29

Harry Connick Jr. Led ON A CLEAR DAY to Close on Broadway January 29

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#2Harry Connick Jr. Led ON A CLEAR DAY to Close on Broadway January 29
Posted: 1/12/12 at 6:57pm

But the one that he doesn't lead will stay open?

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#2Harry Connick Jr. Led ON A CLEAR DAY to Close on Broadway January 29
Posted: 1/12/12 at 7:00pm

Yeah, more like misled.

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE
Updated On: 1/12/12 at 07:00 PM

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#3Harry Connick Jr. Led ON A CLEAR DAY to Close on Broadway January 29
Posted: 1/12/12 at 7:02pm

All those actors out of work....

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#4Harry Connick Jr. Led ON A CLEAR DAY to Close on Broadway January 29
Posted: 1/12/12 at 7:04pm

All that set out of ugly...

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#5Harry Connick Jr. Led ON A CLEAR DAY to Close on Broadway January 29
Posted: 1/12/12 at 7:10pm

Looks the like other thread closed early. Harry Connick Jr. Led ON A CLEAR DAY to Close on Broadway January 29

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#6Harry Connick Jr. Led ON A CLEAR DAY to Close on Broadway January 29
Posted: 1/12/12 at 7:11pm

I guess no cast recording now? Sucks.

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#7Harry Connick Jr. Led ON A CLEAR DAY to Close on Broadway January 29
Posted: 1/12/12 at 7:11pm

Looks the like other thread closed early

You're the bestest!

Updated On: 1/12/12 at 07:11 PM

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#8Harry Connick Jr. Led ON A CLEAR DAY to Close on Broadway January 29
Posted: 1/12/12 at 7:12pm

I guess no cast recording now? Sucks.

Yes, it sucks - that's why it's closing!

staunchcharacter Profile Photo
staunchcharacter
#9Harry Connick Jr. Led ON A CLEAR DAY to Close on Broadway January 29
Posted: 1/12/12 at 7:21pm

Despite the horror that was this revival, I do want a recording of mueller singing Ev'ry night at 7.

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#10Harry Connick Jr. Led ON A CLEAR DAY to Close on Broadway January 29
Posted: 1/12/12 at 8:41pm

I hope they preserve the set for posterity

Poster Emeritus

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#11Harry Connick Jr. Led ON A CLEAR DAY to Close on Broadway January 29
Posted: 1/12/12 at 9:02pm

I think this makes it clear that the 4 Tony nominated revivals will be: Porgy & Bess, Jesus Christ Superstar, Evita & Follies. Only way Godspell gets nominated is if they forget about Follies or JSC is really bad.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Pianolin717 Profile Photo
Pianolin717
#12Harry Connick Jr. Led ON A CLEAR DAY to Close on Broadway January 29
Posted: 1/12/12 at 9:11pm

yeah,it really does suck if there isn't one :/ LOVED the music and would love to listen to it again, especially with Mueller

broadwaydevil Profile Photo
broadwaydevil
#13Harry Connick Jr. Led ON A CLEAR DAY to Close on Broadway January 29
Posted: 1/12/12 at 9:17pm

ACL I really have a hard time believing they could forget about Follies. Especially since Scotsboro and BBAJ were nominated last year, I think a Follies nom is pretty much locked up.

Scratch and claw for every day you're worth! Make them drag you screaming from life, keep dreaming You'll live forever here on earth.

Ed_Mottershead
#14Harry Connick Jr. Led ON A CLEAR DAY to Close on Broadway January 29
Posted: 1/13/12 at 7:00am

Having seen this trainwreck of a show in previews -- or at least the first act -- I cannot fathom why someone along the line knew it was going to be a disaster and just pulled the plug. Surely Connick or one of his minions must have known early on. Back in the "good old days," David Merrick pulled the plug on Breakfast at Tiffany's while it was still in previews b/c he knew how awful the show was. This just never should have happened, period. And it certainly didn't do Harry Connick any favors.

BroadwayEd

BorisIgor
#15Harry Connick Jr. Led ON A CLEAR DAY to Close on Broadway January 29
Posted: 1/13/12 at 7:37am

This show looked and sounded good on paper. The director misguided what could have been a great production. The sets and costumers were truly horrific. I wonder why producers did not control their director? Could have been a different show.

EponineAmneris Profile Photo
EponineAmneris
#16Harry Connick Jr. Led ON A CLEAR DAY to Close on Broadway January 29
Posted: 1/13/12 at 7:58am

I love Harry and wish this could have done differently Harry Connick Jr. Led ON A CLEAR DAY to Close on Broadway January 29

"TO LOVE ANOTHER PERSON IS TO SEE THE FACE OF GOD"- LES MISERABLES--- "THERE'S A SPECIAL KIND OF PEOPLE KNOWN AS SHOW PEOPLE... WE'RE BORN EVERY NIGHT AT HALF HOUR CALL!"--- CURTAINS

newintown Profile Photo
newintown
#17Harry Connick Jr. Led ON A CLEAR DAY to Close on Broadway January 29
Posted: 1/13/12 at 9:58am

When I first heard about this idea 14 years ago, it sounded like a joke. The workshops at Vassar and the Vineyard were idiotic and dull. But some people will clearly put their $$ into anything (withe the aid of enough overly-optimistic blind wishful thinking), and there are still enough producers to take advantage of them.

Thing is, huge flops no longer seem to adversely effect careers. I'm sure we'll be seeing all these people again (although there may be doubt about Turner, who has had two major pieces of highly visible embarrassing bad luck, with the humiliating In My Life and now this).

jayinchelsea Profile Photo
jayinchelsea
#18Harry Connick Jr. Led ON A CLEAR DAY to Close on Broadway January 29
Posted: 1/15/12 at 12:40am

Didn't anyone read the script or see the workshop at Vassar? Nothing could have saved this dog.

egghumor Profile Photo
egghumor
#19Harry Connick Jr. Led ON A CLEAR DAY to Close on Broadway January 29
Posted: 1/15/12 at 9:47am

After the whole bloody mess with NICE WORK, I think Harry Connick and his management were determined to get him back on Broadway -- in a musical. I think everyone was convinced that if the show was weak it wouldn't matter because Connick would still attract big audiences. A gross miscalculation.

I wish I could have seen it because it definitely sounds like one of those productions to be talked about among theater freaks for years to come.

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#20Harry Connick Jr. Led ON A CLEAR DAY to Close on Broadway January 29
Posted: 1/15/12 at 10:33am

" This show looked and sounded good on paper. The director misguided what could have been a great production. The sets and costumers were truly horrific. I wonder why producers did not control their director? Could have been a different show."

I wholeheartedly agree...For what it was worth, I mildly enjoyed it. It needed more time on the couch, though, for it to be a good revival.

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

Videos