pixeltracker

Soup, anyone? Stick to Campbell's.- Page 3

Soup, anyone? Stick to Campbell's.

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#50Soup, anyone? Stick to Campbell's.
Posted: 3/4/12 at 10:31pm

I just had some of my ultra-thick pea soup, with carrots and beef neck bones in.

<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES

JbaraFan1
#51Soup, anyone? Stick to Campbell's.
Posted: 3/5/12 at 4:01pm

This recipe I found somewhere online a couple years ago isn't fancy or French even -- we're just plain folks, lol -- but my husband and I like this and have it once every few weeks:

Pepperoni Pizza Soup

1 can tomato soup + 1 can water

1 can Fiesta Cheese (or Cheddar) soup + 1 can milk
(I use Campbell's brand, but not sayin' it has to be.)

1 package pepperoni minis (I use regular, but imagine the turkey ones would work fine)

1 can Ro-Tel diced tomatoes and chilis (whichever flavor you favor) -- OR 1-2 cups pico de gallo

Pour soups, water, milk into the pot.
Whisk until smooth.
Add pepperoni mini slices.
Add Ro-Tel or pico.
^Doesn't matter much which order you add those last two.
Heat.
Serve.

Ro-Tel / pico can be left out, but I don't think it's as good as with.

Go ahead and call me a hick. LOL

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#52Soup, anyone? Stick to Campbell's.
Posted: 3/9/12 at 12:59pm

^ That actually sounds really good.

My mom is making Manhattan clam chowder for dinner tonight. Can't wait!

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates

JerseyGirl2 Profile Photo
JerseyGirl2
#53Soup, anyone? Stick to Campbell's.
Posted: 3/9/12 at 2:03pm

I love a regular old homemade chicken soup. I don't need the noodles. Just chicken, celery and carrots boiled with a few spices and some bullion. If I have a cold, I add some ginger. YUM!

Pretty pretty please don't you ever ever feel like you're less than f**ckin' perfect!

FindingNamo
#54Soup, anyone? Stick to Campbell's.
Posted: 3/9/12 at 2:11pm

"I wonder if Andy Warhol realized when painting his Campbell's soup can, that he was immortalizing something to emulate."

I'm staring at this sentence and I'm staring at this sentence and I'm staring at this sentence and I'm staring at this sentence and I'm staring at this sentence and I'm staring at this sentence and I'm staring at this sentence and I'm getting nowhere.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

JbaraFan1
#55Soup, anyone? Stick to Campbell's.
Posted: 3/9/12 at 4:21pm

FindingNamo, I think what After Eight was saying is, when Warhol made his Campbell's soup can painting, did he realize that not only would Campbell's soup be immortalized in his art, but that After Eight would also find the contents of an actual can tastier than some of the soup fare he's had when dining out?

At least that's what I got out of it.

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#56Soup, anyone? Stick to Campbell's.
Posted: 3/9/12 at 4:25pm

So, After Eight is saying Campbell's tomato is the Marilyn Monroe of soup?

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

FindingNamo
#57Soup, anyone? Stick to Campbell's.
Posted: 3/9/12 at 6:31pm

Thank you, my brain refused to translate for some reason. I mean, it's not like Warhol put any thought into the soup can paintings, right? It's all a happy accident.

After Eight
#58Soup, anyone? Stick to Campbell's.
Posted: 3/10/12 at 1:12am

Jbara Fan,

Thanks for explaining me. You did a better job than I could.

Another disappointment today. Roasted butternut squash soup, at a usually very dependable restaurant. It tasted as if they had poured a gallon of apple juice in it.

Why, oh why, oh why oh?!

JbaraFan1
#59Soup, anyone? Stick to Campbell's.
Posted: 3/11/12 at 5:55am

Is apple juice usually an ingredient in roasted butternut squash soup? Just wondering why it was in there to start with. Sure sounds like it was way overdone!

After Eight, I sure hope you get yourself a good bowl of soup this week!

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#60Soup, anyone? Stick to Campbell's.
Posted: 3/11/12 at 12:33pm

Make way for the great American soup!

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22

After Eight
#61Soup, anyone? Stick to Campbell's.
Posted: 3/11/12 at 2:22pm

Best12bars,

Thanks for the commercial. Loved it. They don't make 'em like Ann Miller anymore, that's for sure.

Jbara Fan,

Thanks for your kind wishes. Sometimes butternut squash soup is made with apple. But this was just too much. I'll keep looking for a good soup --- (and a good show). With warmer weather coming, maybe some restaurant will make a good vichyssoise. It's something to hope for, at least.

AmuseBouche Profile Photo
AmuseBouche
#62Soup, anyone? Stick to Campbell's.
Posted: 3/13/12 at 7:50am

As a chef, I totally get what this thread it about. I also HATE anise, so it will never be in my food. Just a fact.

But that's what my clients like my food. Unless I'm specifically going Indian or South American, I don't need crazy spices.

Give me classic French and Italian technique and some time in the kitchen and the soups are delish! And always either vegan or dairy free.

AmuseBouche
#63Soup, anyone? Stick to Campbell's.
Posted: 3/13/12 at 7:58am

And follow what JG writes. Girl knows her stuff.

EricMontreal22 Profile Photo
EricMontreal22
#64Soup, anyone? Stick to Campbell's.
Posted: 3/14/12 at 5:50pm

"So, After Eight is saying Campbell's tomato is the Marilyn Monroe of soup?"

Maybe it's a good thing Smash probably won't get a second season, otherwise I'd be very afraid that they may have just read that post..

After Eight
#65Soup, anyone? Stick to Campbell's.
Posted: 3/14/12 at 7:06pm

AmuseBouche,

I like your attitude towards cooking and also, your name.

I wish you had your own cooking show.

You could revolutionize the very notion of fine cuisine by preparing dishes that actually taste the way they're supposed to, and that actually taste good!

Earthshaking!

D2 Profile Photo
D2
#66Soup, anyone? Stick to Campbell's.
Posted: 3/16/12 at 10:59am

Bouche, you now have a new FG, and the rest of us are fully and officially absolved of our duties. Congratulations, and After Eight: Good Luck. Soup, anyone? Stick to Campbell's.

Cheyenne Jackson tickled me. AFTER ordering SoMMS a drink but NOT tickling him, and hanging out with Girly in his dressing room (where he DIDN'T tickle her) but BEFORE we got married. To others. And then he tweeted Boobs. He also tweeted he's good friends with some chick on "The Voice" who just happens to be good friends with Tink's ex. And I'm still married. Oh, and this just in: "Pettiness, spite, malice ....Such ugly emotions... So sad." - After Eight, talking about MEEEEEEEE!!! I'm so honored! :-)

AmuseBouche
#67Soup, anyone? Stick to Campbell's.
Posted: 3/20/12 at 1:08pm

After Eight, that would be my dream, in so many ways.

After Eight
#68Soup, anyone? Stick to Campbell's.
Posted: 3/20/12 at 3:49pm

^

AmuseBouche,

I hope you realize your dream.

I just had lentil soup in an upscale restaurant. Not bad, but not thick enough. I think the season is now over for that, and for split pea soup, too.

Any good idea for spring soups?

Decades ago, when French restaurants were plentiful in New York, spring brought us potage St. Germain, a fresh green pea soup. It was usually served with a swirl of cream on the top.

Youth, spring, and potage St. Germain. There's a combination that can't be beat.

#69Soup, anyone? Stick to Campbell's.
Posted: 3/20/12 at 5:10pm

I had a jar of Borsch on my desk and all my coworkers gathered around to gawk in horror. To me the ultimate spring soup is a good cold borsch with sour cream and fresh dill on top!

AmuseBouche
#70Soup, anyone? Stick to Campbell's.
Posted: 3/22/12 at 1:19am

I love a good lentil soup. I need to make some barley stew, just for the hell of it.

Upcoming soups will likely include cold kale soup, and I'll find more inspiration on Friday at work.

I would like to do a good variation on borscht one day.

Thank you, After Eight. I might do a turnip soup one day.

Reginald Tresilian Profile Photo
Reginald Tresilian
#71Soup, anyone? Stick to Campbell's.
Posted: 11/6/15 at 7:31am

Soup, anyone? Stick to Campbell's.

FindingNamo
#72Soup, anyone? Stick to Campbell's.
Posted: 11/6/15 at 9:32am

NAILED IT!

doodlenyc Profile Photo
doodlenyc
#73Soup, anyone? Stick to Campbell's.
Posted: 11/6/15 at 10:42am

LOL, Reg!!

I do not know how I missed this hilarious thread!

Did everyone's favorite curmudgeon actually start a thread about longing for the "old days" of SOUP?!

"Carson has combined his passion for helping children with his love for one of Cincinnati's favorite past times - cornhole - to create a unique and exciting event perfect for a corporate outing, entertaining clients or family fun."

"In Oz, the verb is douchifizzation." PRS

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#74Soup, anyone? Stick to Campbell's.
Posted: 11/6/15 at 10:30pm

When I was a kid, I used to eat Campbell's. I had not had it for all of my adult life. About 10 years ago, I tried their version of French Onion soup. Was that bad. Needless to say, I have never had it again., Eating out it is Panera. At home, sometimes Progresso

Poster Emeritus