pixeltracker

Peter And The Snooze Catcher....

Peter And The Snooze Catcher....

lupone76
#1Peter And The Snooze Catcher....
Posted: 4/19/12 at 8:14am

I mean really??? What's all the fuss about??? To me just the whole title and plot seems like a perfect recipie for a theater nap. Yet the critics and the theater elite on this board can't stop the high praises. How interesting can a straight play about the prequel to Peter Pan possibly be??? I can't stand Peter Pan to begin with so who really cares where the androgenous creature came from??? This would possibly peak my interest if it was a lavish stage musical in the style of Wicked. But this subject matter as a straight play. No, thanks!!! Oh, and did I mention Christian Borle gets on my last nerve and is extreemely over rated.

Patash Profile Photo
Patash
#2Peter And The Snooze Catcher....
Posted: 4/19/12 at 8:19am

Why do I get the impression you haven't even seen this show you are throwing in the garbage? Does not seeing it make you the expert about it you proclaim to be?

lupone76
#2Peter And The Snooze Catcher....
Posted: 4/19/12 at 8:22am

Your absolutely correct. I did not see the show and nor do I have any desire to see it. I believe that was the point of my post..

JoanBennett Profile Photo
JoanBennett
#3Peter And The Snooze Catcher....
Posted: 4/19/12 at 8:23am

In that case, I hate those shoes you're wearing...

I haven't seen them. But I hate them anyway.

Updated On: 4/19/12 at 08:23 AM

Patash Profile Photo
Patash
#4Peter And The Snooze Catcher....
Posted: 4/19/12 at 8:28am

Oh, then good point. The entire world was waiting breathlessly for your impression of the show you haven't seen and we were shaking with anticipation wondering if you wanted to see it.
So my point? I really don't care if some nobody thinks a show "sounds" dull. Does anyone?

lupone76
#5Peter And The Snooze Catcher....
Posted: 4/19/12 at 8:31am

Ms.Bennett, thanks. There Ferregamo.. Anywho, I will try to snag a really cheap ticket for this after I've seen all the other shows I wanna see this season and see for myself but from what I know of this show it sounds awfully tired and boaring.

jeffmiele
#6Peter And The Snooze Catcher....
Posted: 4/19/12 at 8:37am

I read this boards everyday and very rarely post, but you've inspired me.. I've seen the show and it is wonderful and should not be missed.. how could you just come on and trash something you have not seen? more so than that, why come on and waste everyones time with such an asinine post as that.. what makes you think anyone cares or will go along with what you're saying having been that there is absolutely no validity to what you are writing.. like I said, I very rarely post, but your moronic, immature, statement just made me. I can't wait to see the bashing everyone else is going to do.

Patash Profile Photo
Patash
#7Peter And The Snooze Catcher....
Posted: 4/19/12 at 8:47am

"Your absolutely correct" not "you're absolutely correct"
"There Ferragamo" not "they're Ferragamo"
"this boards" not "these boards"
"tired and boaring" not "tired and boring"

OK, now I get it. Either you quit school after the fourth grade or English is clearly not your first language which could help explain why you wouldn't enjoy anything that requires an educational leveal above elementary school or a basic grasp of the English language.

JoanBennett Profile Photo
JoanBennett
#8Peter And The Snooze Catcher....
Posted: 4/19/12 at 8:53am

oh, you beat me to the misspellings, drat

(but the "this boards" not "these boards" guy was on the good side! shhh!)

After Eight
#9Peter And The Snooze Catcher....
Posted: 4/19/12 at 8:56am

Lupone76,

I have seen the show.

Let your sixth sense guide you.

Having read your tirade, I would recommend absolutely that you follow your initial impulse and not see this show. It is indeed a snoozefest and you would no doubt hate it.

themysteriousgrowl Profile Photo
themysteriousgrowl
#10Peter And The Snooze Catcher....
Posted: 4/19/12 at 8:57am

Aww... kindred spirits <3 :)

CHURCH DOOR TOUCAN GAY MARKETING PUPPIES MUSICAL THEATER STAPLES PERIOD OIL BITCHY SNARK HOLES

ghostlight2
#11Peter And The Snooze Catcher....
Posted: 4/19/12 at 9:48am

You missed two, Patash:

1). "This would possibly peak my interest" should be "pique", and

2). OP is probably trolling.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#12Peter And The Snooze Catcher....
Posted: 4/19/12 at 10:01am

I liked the part where After Eight says something negative about something.

Ed_Mottershead
#13Peter And The Snooze Catcher....
Posted: 4/19/12 at 10:32am

Stupidest comment I've read on this board since three years ago when April Saul trashed Waiting for Godot after the first preview, calling it stupid. Notice she hasn't been around for a while, thank God.

BroadwayEd

Reginald Tresilian Profile Photo
Reginald Tresilian
#14Peter And The Snooze Catcher....
Posted: 4/19/12 at 10:44am

Interestingly, lupone76 said this in another thread: "How can you hate something youv'e never watched?? Sounds pretty ignorant to me."

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#15Peter And The Snooze Catcher....
Posted: 4/19/12 at 10:46am

Oh, the internets.

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#16Peter And The Snooze Catcher....
Posted: 4/19/12 at 11:26am

lupone76 is probably just bitter that Patti isn't in it. If she was, he'd be raving about it.

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#17Peter And The Snooze Catcher....
Posted: 4/19/12 at 11:27am

Peter and the Starcatcher is one of the most imaginative theater pieces I've seen in years. It was a delight from beginning to end. I saw it twice downtown and can't wait to go back again once or probably twice.

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#18Peter And The Snooze Catcher....
Posted: 4/19/12 at 11:41am

On an unrelated note I saw a really bad movie last night.

Link

....but the world goes 'round
Updated On: 4/19/12 at 11:41 AM

Roscoe
#19Peter And The Snooze Catcher....
Posted: 4/19/12 at 12:11pm

I feel rather the way lupone does, and I did see the play. A remarkably uninteresting batch of Nicholas Nickleby-style theater gimmicks with occasional flashes of life, chiefly from Christian Borle who gets in some great laughs. I'm completely at a loss as to why folks are so blown away by this. There's so much less here than meets the eye.

I just didn't see the point to the play. At all. Why turn Peter Pan into a victimized orphan, when it seems to me that one of the points of the character is his absolute rejection of such victimization -- in Barrie's original, he flees his parents as an infant when he hears them planning out his future, and winds up living with the fairies who take him in. I guess it had to be done to generate sympathy for Peter, but it just felt very forced and phony to me. As did the entire production.

"If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about the answers." Thomas Pynchon, GRAVITY'S RAINBOW "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." Philip K. Dick My blog: http://www.roscoewrites.blogspot.com/

D2 Profile Photo
D2
#20Peter And The Snooze Catcher....
Posted: 4/19/12 at 12:57pm

"This would possibly peak my interest if it was a lavish stage musical in the style of Wicked."

I stopped reading after that comment, because really, need anything more be said?

And for the record, I enjoyed PETER AND THE STARCATCHERS immensely.

Cheyenne Jackson tickled me. AFTER ordering SoMMS a drink but NOT tickling him, and hanging out with Girly in his dressing room (where he DIDN'T tickle her) but BEFORE we got married. To others. And then he tweeted Boobs. He also tweeted he's good friends with some chick on "The Voice" who just happens to be good friends with Tink's ex. And I'm still married. Oh, and this just in: "Pettiness, spite, malice ....Such ugly emotions... So sad." - After Eight, talking about MEEEEEEEE!!! I'm so honored! :-)

Reginald Tresilian Profile Photo
Reginald Tresilian
#21Peter And The Snooze Catcher....
Posted: 4/19/12 at 1:07pm

"I stopped reading after that comment."

Really? I got all the way through the title is boring, no one should be interested in a prequel to Peter Pan, which he can't stand anyway, because the character is androgenous [sic], but if they are going to do it, it shouldn't be as a straight play but as a lavish musical, except not with Christian Borle, who is extreemly [sic] overrated.

Roscoe, I loved the show; I found it wonderfully imaginative. But I completely agree about the characterization of the boy who would be Pan. Oddly, he was the one disappointing element (though the performance of the role was lovely).

Updated On: 4/19/12 at 01:07 PM

TonyVincent Profile Photo
TonyVincent
#22Peter And The Snooze Catcher....
Posted: 4/19/12 at 1:12pm

Reading this thread makes me want to go to the pique of a mountain and throw myself off of it.

ghostlight2
#23Peter And The Snooze Catcher....
Posted: 4/19/12 at 1:17pm

You should only due it in a fit of peek, Tony.

jpbran Profile Photo
jpbran
#24Peter And The Snooze Catcher....
Posted: 4/19/12 at 1:17pm

Oh, Tony Vincent... that would be soooo boaring.